+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2022 PR application timeline

beekaydue

Dec 13, 2022
My friend who applied May 26 2022 called ircc and they were told that the application would not be finished processing until October 26, 2024.. the status bar in their gckey account shows 100% complete She got her pre arrival and eligibility letter March 22, 2024. It seems the processing time for refugee to pr applications are now at 29 months.. I want to think it’s because they just recently got the eligibility letter which why they have to wait so long
You really can't predict anything with this. Take for example I recently read on a thread here that someone called and was told her security check hadn't started, the next day she got final decision.
You call and they only give you the timeline for processing as posted on the website and sometimes it takes more or less time.
You expect that they go month by month and out of nowhere, you find out people who applied after you got their PR already. Or that every month it's people who applied at the same time, only to find out the files haven't moved/been worked on for a couple of months.
There are many examples, but in short nobody can even slightly predict.
Best thing is to just wait and pray for the best and hope for luck.

Reactions: Ezekieljane

winterangel2022

Star Member
Mar 18, 2023
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Missisauga
App. Filed.......
21-09-2022
You really can't predict anything with this. Take for example I recently read on a thread here that someone called and was told her security check hadn't started, the next day she got final decision.
You call and they only give you the timeline for processing as posted on the website and sometimes it takes more or less time.
You expect that they go month by month and out of nowhere, you find out people who applied after you got their PR already. Or that every month it's people who applied at the same time, only to find out the files haven't moved/been worked on for a couple of months.
yeah that’s so true I applied after her in September 2022 and I received the pal and eligibility before her so what can we do but wait, hope and pray that all goes well and in time

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
Where did you read this trend? Can you post the link please.

winterangel2022

Star Member
Mar 18, 2023
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Missisauga
App. Filed.......
21-09-2022
Where did you read this trend? Can you post the link please.
I think they mean an overall observation of the forum. Just last month someone that applied august 2022 received their final decision. The processing of your file really depends on how fast your background check, security , info sharing etc gets completed and when the officer decides to review everything and come to final decision. Some people even commented stating that the officers are processing at their own pace it does not seem these applications are being processed on a first come first serve basis..My info sharing has been completed since February last year and the officer has not reviewed it. On my gcms notes it says “completed - ready for review by CO”. At this point exercising patience and having hope/faith is the best we can do when it comes on to ircc.

Reactions: beekaydue

ahzkhs

Jun 30, 2023
PR Application Timeline:

Submit PR application: May 2022 In-Canada with spouse
Issuing Office: Etobicoke
AOR: June 2022
Pre-arrival letter: Oct -2023
Eligibility letter: Oct -2023
First portal email: Mar 21-2024
Second portal email: Mar 27-2024
ECOPR: April 3-2024
PR card: Waiting

GOOD LUCK everyone for those waiting!
May I know your spouse status so far?

HumanityFirst786

Star Member
Nov 3, 2023
I applied for my grandfather's application on June 17, 2022. It is withdrawn today and refund is processing. He passed away so I had to withdraw it. This shows me IRCC is working on June 2022 applicants right now. Please keep us updated June applicants. Thank you.

Reactions: himankkohli6

beekaydue

Dec 13, 2022
I applied for my grandfather's application on June 17, 2022. It is withdrawn today and refund is processing. He passed away so I had to withdraw it. This shows me IRCC is working on June 2022 applicants right now. Please keep us updated June applicants. Thank you.
Hey! I'm really sorry about your grandfather. My sincerest condolences.
If you don't mind my asking, how long ago did you request a withdrawal?

Reactions: HumanityFirst786

HumanityFirst786

Star Member
Nov 3, 2023
Hey! I'm really sorry about your grandfather. My sincerest condolences.
If you don't mind my asking, how long ago did you request a withdrawal?
5 months ago I requested for withdrawal. It seems now they are processing June applicants and the agent gave me final decision on his file and withdrawal letter is there below the page on the GCKey account.

Reactions: beekaydue

winterangel2022

Star Member
Mar 18, 2023
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Missisauga
App. Filed.......
21-09-2022
My condolences to you and your family for the loss of your grandfather