+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2022 PR application timeline

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
Hi everyone
I applied Jan 2022
Received my permanent number in Aug 2022. after that there has been no update at all.

My question is,
Since the day we applied and they received our application, does this time count towards when we want to apply for citizenship? or only 1 year counts and the rest is wasting?

Thanks
Hello. Im also applicant from jan 2022. We are in the same boat. I got request documents 2 times and no update. Did you call Ircc or sent webform?

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
Hi everyone
I applied Jan 2022
Received my permanent number in Aug 2022. after that there has been no update at all.

My question is,
Since the day we applied and they received our application, does this time count towards when we want to apply for citizenship? or only 1 year counts and the rest is wasting?

Thanks
You count everyday as half day. So 2 years as a protected person counts 1 year for citizenship

bfour

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
hello everyone. today I got an email from cic , they provide my permanent application number and I succesfully linked my application on my account. It shows that I passed medical exam yesterday , and they are saying that they are processing background check. I applied in October 2022. What is the next step for me or how long approximately will I wait? thank you

winterangel2022

Star Member
Mar 18, 2023
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Missisauga
App. Filed.......
21-09-2022
New PR Application from inside Canada timeline

We received your application for permanent residence on September 21, 2022.
We started processing your application on January 19, 2023.
I received an email acknowledgment on January 27, 2023

The current status of my application says: In Process

I have not heard anything else since then. Does anyone have a similar timeline?

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
New PR Application from inside Canada timeline

We received your application for permanent residence on September 21, 2022.
We started processing your application on January 19, 2023.
I received an email acknowledgment on January 27, 2023

The current status of my application says: In Process

I have not heard anything else since then. Does anyone have a similar timeline?
You applied Pr as Protected person?
they start processing after 4 months you applied. Its really fast. You are lucky because if they start processing you will pass steps quickly

bfour

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
they start processing after 4 months you applied. Its really fast. You are lucky because if they start processing you will pass steps quickly
mine is almost same. I applied in October 2022. I just got my application number , and I already passed medical exam. Are they going to ask additional documents? I am single, and I applied as a protected person in Toronto. thanks

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
mine is almost same. I applied in October 2022. I just got my application number , and I already passed medical exam. Are they going to ask additional documents? I am single, and I applied as a protected person in Toronto. thanks
Did they send application number and mentioned application started processing by email? Application number starts with X ?

bfour

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Did they send application number and mentioned application started processing by email? Application number starts with X ?
I didn't receive my temporary application number but I called ircc , and they gave me my X application number. today I received a email from cic which says from missisagua. They sent me this email and I have G application number. I linked my application in to my account , and It says I passed medical exam already. So I was wondering what could it be the next steps ? thanks a lot
UCI: XXXXX
Application No.: GXXXXX
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.
This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.
This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2022/11/22.
CPC Mississauga
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

Reactions: Captain911

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Did you apply in October or in November? as your previous posts are like you applied in November?

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
I didn't receive my temporary application number but I called ircc , and they gave me my X application number. today I received a email from cic which says from missisagua. They sent me this email and I have G application number. I linked my application in to my account , and It says I passed medical exam already. So I was wondering what could it be the next steps ? thanks a lot
UCI: XXXXX
Application No.: GXXXXX
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.
This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.
This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2022/11/22.
CPC Mississauga
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4
Hope you will get progress soon but I heard that the Mississauga office is the slowest one I am not sure.. but so many stories about them in processing.

winterangel2022

Star Member
Mar 18, 2023
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Missisauga
App. Filed.......
21-09-2022
they start processing after 4 months you applied. It's really fast. You are lucky because if they start processing you will pass steps quickly
Yes, I used the protected person pathway to apply. I didn't get an X-number but I have G-number like Bfour. They haven't added the medical information to the application yet though.

Reactions: Captain911
Sep 21, 2021
Frustrated. It’s been almost 4 years since I came to Canada. Due to covid my hearing postponed for 2 years and now it has been already one year since I apply PR. Does anyone know how far to go?
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 7, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on December 23, 2022.
  3. We sent you correspondence on November 1, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Frustrated. It’s been almost 4 years since I came to Canada. Due to covid my hearing postponed for 2 years and now it has been already one year since I apply PR. Does anyone know how far to go?
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 7, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on December 23, 2022.
  3. We sent you correspondence on November 1, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Wondering if they sent the correspondence first and afterward started processing .. But surely you will get soon did you try to link your application with gc key account I mean how much time it is showing?

Sep 21, 2021
Wondering if they sent the correspondence first and afterward started processing .. But surely you will get soon did you try to link your application with gc key account I mean how much time it is showing?
Hi zak86,Thankyou for reply. No,do you know how to link my application with gc key account? I mean is it possible? I didn’t know that!