+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

pav1993

Jul 29, 2019
Just called IRCC! I applied on July 09 under stream B. He couldn’t find anything about my application at all. Told my last name “Grewal” is very common. Couldn’t find anything under my specific receipt number. And also confirmed that only a tiny portion of TR 2 PR applicants have received PR. And it indeed is true that 72,000 are waiting and 40,000 of them will receive PR this year and 32000 in 2023. Absolutely horrible, puts my entire life on hold considering that 32000 applications to be processed in 2023 is still a very large number and close to 50 percent chances that some of us will end up waiting through this year and to the end of 2023… wasn’t the whole point of this stream was to accept people in Canada for immigration and many of them worked in essential occupations during the pandemic…pathetic…and the reason why they held more draws is to process applications faster…but still will only process 40,000…
so you asked the IRCC agent about the 2022 and 2023 backlogs or is it confirmed from the youtube videos. just confused

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
I applied on 3rd June. and my work permit and my wife's work permit will be finished in Jan 2023. Do you think we have to leave here if our application does not proceed until that time? Do you think it's better to apply for PNP? Please help
In terms of work permit and your status in Canada, you can apply for bridging work permit when you are waiting for your permanent residency application to be processed.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

If you are looking to get your PR sooner, that's a different story. Right now, they planned to process the remaining TR2PR application by the end of 2023. PNP application processing time right now is 6months.
However, keep in mind that you need to pay additional money in this case (~$1500 more) and Province also takes 30-60 days to process your request so overall it may take up to 9 months.

Last edited:

sali6486

Nov 10, 2021
In terms of work permit and your status in Canada, you can apply for bridging work permit when you are waiting for your permanent residency application to be processed.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

If you are looking to get your PR sooner, that's a different story. Right now, they planned to process the remaining TR2PR application by the end of 2023. PNP application processing time right now is 6months.
However, keep in mind that you need to pay additional money in this case (~$1500 more) and Province also takes 30-60 days process your request so overall it may take up to 9 months.
My wife can apply for extend her work permit as well because we apply for tr to pr?

sali6486

Nov 10, 2021

However, keep in mind that you need to pay additional money in this case (~$1500 more) and Province also takes 30-60 days process your request so overall it may take up to 9 months.
9 months is better than 2 years.

Reactions: SmzAmir

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
My wife can apply for extend her work permit as well because we apply for tr to pr?
Based on the link I sent to you, BOWP is only applicable to the principles applicant of the permanent residency application.

"Spouses of BOWP holders do not automatically get a BOWP. If your spouse wants to work in Canada, they may apply as a spouse of a skilled worker or as a spouse of a full-time student, whichever applies. Spouses of study permit holders may apply for a spousal open work permit if they are eligible for a Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP)."
Source: https://www.cicnews.com/2021/11/it-is-now-easier-to-get-a-bridging-open-work-permit-in-canada-1119519.html

Check "Spouses and common-law partners of BOWP holders" of the article above.

But others can comment or you can double check online.

ABTPG

Star Member
May 25, 2017
Based on the link I sent to you, BOWP is only applicable to the principles applicant of the permanent residency application.

"Spouses of BOWP holders do not automatically get a BOWP. If your spouse wants to work in Canada, they may apply as a spouse of a skilled worker or as a spouse of a full-time student, whichever applies. Spouses of study permit holders may apply for a spousal open work permit if they are eligible for a Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP)."
Source: https://www.cicnews.com/2021/11/it-is-now-easier-to-get-a-bridging-open-work-permit-in-canada-1119519.html

But others can comment or you can double check online.
I think u can apply for bowp only if u get AOR right? Although u can keep extending the permit through tr pr if they bring up another plan to extend wp beyond dec 2022

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
I think u can apply for bowp only if u get AOR right? Although u can keep extending the permit through tr pr if they bring up another plan to extend wp beyond dec 2022
I remember some people applied for BOWP using their automated response of their registration and their payment recipient.
For TR2PR it's different because many people applied last year and didn't got AOR yet.
For other applications you'll get it right away.

Reactions: maxiie

maurelo23

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
I sent ADR (Schedule A and Family form) on Nov 8 and then dead silence, do you think I will end up in the 2023 processing queue? medical passed since Nov3, and that's pretty much it.

International graduate stream though.

agrewal98

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
so you asked the IRCC agent about the 2022 and 2023 backlogs or is it confirmed from the youtube videos. just confused
I asked him. He told me. I asked him that when do you think my application might get picked up. He said by the end of 2023, this program will be cleared. I asked him about this news circulating, and he said yes under the new immigration plan, they want to accept 40,000 this year from tr to pr and 32000 next year. It’s bullshit. He said only a tiny portion of applicants have received pr under this stream.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: maxiie and SmzAmir

Alexaaa06

Star Member
Feb 7, 2022
Hey I would say call them and ask if anything’s been updated, I have had my application with TFN for almost two months at this point but they recently started criminality on it without actually making it a permanent application
hey, how to get TFN?

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
I sent ADR (Schedule A and Family form) on Nov 8 and then dead silence, do you think I will end up in the 2023 processing queue? medical passed since Nov3, and that's pretty much it.

International graduate stream though.
What is clear is that all applications are planned to be processed by the end of 2023. However, in terms of how they select 2022 and 2023 applicants, we have no idea. The people who got their approval so far are they scattered through the whole program opening time.

Reactions: ABTPG

malipr

Feb 24, 2018
Hi all, here is my timeline,
  • Stream: Non Health Care essential worker
  • Submitted: June 27, 2021 applied around 17000 in essential stream B English
  • AOR: not received/ no link on GC Key. Any idea when will I get any update . Anyone know how to contact IRCC by call? I have submitted web form but no update . Please , help me out. TIA

Ccltheo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Please I just received Ircc requesting for my receipt saying their system is showing my receipt submitted as unpaid. Do anyone have the same issue?

gunjot12

Apr 6, 2018
Hello everyone! I am just able to link my gckey and got email from cic but did not got any message in my login is that normal to wait for biometric TIA