+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

Nomad12345

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
We don't know how the process work.
Normally, the govt job is not as business, no one has to hurry, specially most of the officers are working from home since Covid ;)
Just wait and hope.
IRCC has just over 8000 employees, how fast they can be working. I totally agree with you.

Reactions: Tomican

Dinesh.mangla

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Processing time cannot be the same for everyone. If you are single applicant or with dependent, of course it will be longer for two people rather than one. If you have travelled the world in the past 10 years, it will most likely impact processing time. People don’t share their personal history on the forum. However, there is a trend that IG stream is processed faster, but also more rejections. It’s just my opinion. I am in similar situation like you, you are not alone
I agree bro, processing time can not be exactly the same but, one gets approval in 2 weeks and other is waiting for 2-3 months in the same program. If a application can be processed in 2 weeks then it should not take 3 months at all..

vhss

Apr 16, 2021
Do you guys know how long we have to reply to the portal email?
I might get my PR through pnp but I would prefer to get from the new pathway in case I decide to move to another province in the future

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
More HOPE for temporary immigrants, specially for those are planning to apply for Stream A & B
Wait and wait ....and wait :)

Canada may look at making more temporary migrants permanent, Mendicino says
October 21, 2021

Canada may extend the deadline of a program created this year to give temporary residents working in key sectors a route to permanent residency, and is considering expanding the program's eligibility to include refugee claimants, Canada's immigration minister told Reuters on Thursday.

More than 14,000 of the 20,000 spots in the healthcare stream of a temporary-to-permanent residency program announced in April were unfilled this week ahead of the Nov. 5 deadline.

"I think we should keep an open mind as to whether or not we should extend (the deadline)," Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Minister Marco Mendicino said in an interview.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/politics/canada-may-look-at-making-more-temporary-migrants-permanent-mendicino-says-1.5633408?fbclid=IwAR08X0YbN4XYNIVSFlxQhd-3CbURn-iW9P1abDlH_xPLkEv29of9vUxzQ8E

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
More HOPE for temporary immigrants, specially for those are planning to apply for Stream A & B
Wait and wait ....and wait :)

Canada may look at making more temporary migrants permanent, Mendicino says
October 21, 2021

Canada may extend the deadline of a program created this year to give temporary residents working in key sectors a route to permanent residency, and is considering expanding the program's eligibility to include refugee claimants, Canada's immigration minister told Reuters on Thursday.

More than 14,000 of the 20,000 spots in the healthcare stream of a temporary-to-permanent residency program announced in April were unfilled this week ahead of the Nov. 5 deadline.

"I think we should keep an open mind as to whether or not we should extend (the deadline)," Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Minister Marco Mendicino said in an interview.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/politics/canada-may-look-at-making-more-temporary-migrants-permanent-mendicino-says-1.5633408?fbclid=IwAR08X0YbN4XYNIVSFlxQhd-3CbURn-iW9P1abDlH_xPLkEv29of9vUxzQ8E
They need to do it before Christmas for a happy Xmas for the rest of us but it sounds like extending the deadline and not opening up the other streams.

Last edited:

BadPoo

Aug 4, 2019
Does anyone know what the first GU means after we received AOR and linked to our account? I know there may be multiple GUs or maybe none for each different case, and the GU is a good sign anyways. But just wanted to figure out what the first GU means to the progress. Thanks!
No one can sure about its meaning, but as I saw within most of the guys here and it also happen for myself, most of the first GU is related to background checking. It means the officer either started your background check, or received/updated the background result.

Reactions: kevinyu

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Hi Guys,
Need you Suggestions…
For a second option , if i get ITA for OINP
Can i apply to extend OWP?
The recent public policy extension of OWP is especial for Tr-to-Pr applicants only (to Dec 2022).
However, any temporary resident may apply to extend their period of authorized stay before it ends.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

RR1518

Oct 21, 2021
The recent public policy extension of OWP is especial for Tr-to-Pr applicants only (to Dec 2022).
However, any temporary resident may apply to extend their period of authorized stay before it ends.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html
I applied for the healthcare stream and have not received any AOR, hence I cannot apply for Open work permit. My current work permit will expire by the end of the year. Do you think I should apply for to extend my authorized stay? I have a new employer but it will also take awhile before they process my LMIA so I am looking for an easier route to get a work permit.

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
I applied for the healthcare stream and have not received any AOR, hence I cannot apply for Open work permit. My current work permit will expire by the end of the year. Do you think I should apply for to extend my authorized stay? I have a new employer but it will also take awhile before they process my LMIA so I am looking for an easier route to get a work permit.
You applied for Tr2Pr why can't apply for extension of WP?

TinyNinja

Oct 22, 2021
Did anyone get asked to submit a Police Certificate even though they met the exemption criteria (came to Canada before 18 and not left for more than 6 months in a row)?