+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
Can we travel outside Canada while TR to PR pathway application is in progress. I understand the requirements state that you must be present inside Canada at the time application is approved, but this leaves my question unanswered. What if somebody required to travel and come back while the application is still in progress? Also, nobody know when the CoPR is issued, what if it is issued at the moment you are physically outside Canada? Help!!

Thanks
You can travel while your application is in process. your COPR won't be issued right away. IRCC will first send you an email confirming if you are in Canada. When you get this email, you have to immediately travel back to Canada and confirm your physical presence in Canada. After that, the COPR would be issued.

P.S: I'm currently traveling and received AOR on July 12. I'm returning this Saturday.

anne18

Jul 20, 2021
Hi , my husband submitted his application last June 6 under essential non healthcare. Hes holding a closed work permit that will expire on February 2022. His employer will move to Calgary and he wont be able to continue his work to his current employer . Is he eligible to apply for open work permt but it said in the condition that you have apply if your permit will about to expire 4 months. ?I hope thay policy should cater all the applicantd of tr to pr regardless of the validtly of wp.

Abbycrocs

Star Member
Jul 10, 2021
Hi , my husband submitted his application last June 6 under essential non healthcare. Hes holding a closed work permit that will expire on February 2022. His employer will move to Calgary and he wont be able to continue his work to his current employer . Is he eligible to apply for open work permt but it said in the condition that you have apply if your permit will about to expire 4 months. ?I hope thay policy should cater all the applicantd of tr to pr regardless of the validtly of wp.
Ircc expects to have an answer to your PR application by then. Hopefully, you will have an answer by the time his WP expires. If you do get COPR, all good, otherwise you will have to think of renewing it, like you’d do normally. I don’t see a reason why they should extend WP’s of everyone who’s applied, even if they don’t need to. Hope this answers your concern. They just wanna avoid freeloaders, although , they might end up having a lot of them.

Reactions: PR Dreamer

Abbycrocs

Star Member
Jul 10, 2021
Moreover, you can apply for an extension in October (4 months from expiration) if you don’t have news on your TR to PR by then.

anne18

Jul 20, 2021
Ircc expects to have an answer to your PR application by then. Hopefully, you will have an answer by the time his WP expires. If you do get COPR, all good, otherwise you will have to think of renewing it, like you’d do normally. I don’t see a reason why they should extend WP’s of everyone who’s applied, even if they don’t need to. Hope this answers your concern. They just wanna avoid freeloaders, although , they might end up having a lot of them.
Thank you so much❤

Abbycrocs

Star Member
Jul 10, 2021
Hi there
I applied for PR under TR to PR non health essential worker category on 15th of July. I have 4 different occupations in which I qualified the experience hours.
I just want to know that after submitting the application, can I change the job or not. If I can, then do I need to update to the IRCC and how?
As per IRCC guideline, You must have qualifying hours in the outlined NOC codes in the preceding 3 years and you must be employed at the time of submitting your application. You must be employed in any NOC code at the time of your application. Full stop. Even if you’re not employed after that, doesn’t matter.

anne18

Jul 20, 2021
Thank you for the info!
In a past post I found that you tried to upload new document with a temporary application number. Can I ask if it was accepted?
@JALT any update on your application?

I heard new news today, IRCC agent told me everyone who applied TR to PR should have a temporary application number regardless of Initial check or whatever(even if you applied yesterday). Every time I call them I heard new news!

My webform hasn't been accepted yet. My application hasn't been assigned to any visa officer as always.
Hi its ok to call ircc about temporary number? I just applied last June 6 . Thanks alot

fsss

Jun 28, 2021
Hi its ok to call ircc about temporary number? I just applied last June 6 . Thanks alot
tbh so far what I have seen, there is no difference between having a temporary number or not having one. If you have to submit documents, then call them and ask for it and submit the documents with the number

sarbpreet

May 16, 2021
  • Stream: International Graduate
  • Submitted: May 6, 2021 (Submitted at 12:20 pm EST)
  • AOR: -NO
  • Biometrics: Already submitted before
  • Eligibility: -NA
  • Admissibility: -NA
  • COPR: -NA
--------------------

Reactions: Archu82

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
tbh so far what I have seen, there is no difference between having a temporary number or not having one. If you have to submit documents, then call them and ask for it and submit the documents with the number
I think it is good if you need submit documents.
Otherwise, you can wait for AOR, or ADR if they request more.

kevin kennady

Star Member
Oct 20, 2018
It says you have to be living in Canada with valid status at the time of application and final decision. This doesn't mean you can't leave the country for a vacation - as long as you still live in Canada (i.e. you are still paying rent on your house, your bank accounts are still open, you still have time on your visa etc etc etc). But! Covid is the issue - they are thinking about opening the international borders soon but that might change. Remember the whole point of the TR to PR pathway was because people outside of Canada couldn't get here.

But to be honest - don't ask us - ask an IRCC agent as it's an important question that you don't want to get wrong...

For all streams
1. Proof of Entry and Status in Canada

When you apply, you will need to prove that you have valid status, and are living in Canada when you submit your application and when IRCC makes a final decision on your application.

To prove your status in Canada you must submit a copy of your most recent immigration document such as work permit, or study permit.
Thanks for the reply. I have contacted IRCC regarding the travel. They said there is no travel restrictions while any of the PR application is in process, even if once receive COPR on vacation ,they gonna set instructions to fly back to Canada.
And also if you receive AOR with a biometric request,once you are outside Canada, that could be done outside the Canada also.

fasgua

Oct 24, 2020
  • Stream: IG
  • Submitted: May 6, 2021 12:21pm
  • AOR: July 19, 2021
  • Application linked: July 16, 2021
  • Biometrics: still valid since 2020
  • Medical result: LOE
  • PCC: required immediately after linking app
  • Eligibility: reviewing
  • Admissibility: reviewing
  • COPR: not yet

Notes:

- 1 dependant inland (spouse)
- I submitted a booking confirmation for my medical exam. Waiting for a request to submit it
- Mistankely, I left a gap in my work history. Waiting for a request of a newly completed IMM5669

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Thanks for the reply. I have contacted IRCC regarding the travel. They said there is no travel restrictions while any of the PR application is in process, even if once receive COPR on vacation ,they gonna set instructions to fly back to Canada.
And also if you receive AOR with a biometric request,once you are outside Canada, that could be done outside the Canada also.
Good information. Thanks.