+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
how can I prove to the officer that I never went home for more than a half year?
I know I could write a Letter of Explanation to request an exemption from this, and that's what they told me on phone last week!
My main point is: Despite the Guide 5069 explicit that one only needs PCC for country/state resided over 6-mo, should I still provide PCC from my home just in case?
Sorry, I haven't been in this situation so my answer is not the one you're looking for, but as I was reading your post the immediate idea for proof that comes to mind is searching through your old emails for flight dates in and out of the countries you've visited.

For the PCC requirements it does say in the guide that they can request additional PCCs from anytime since you were 18 years old if they like.

Police Certificates and Clearances
You must include police certificates when you apply for permanent residence for:
  • you and your family members who are 18 years or older, and
  • every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row
You and your family members don’t need to give us police certificates for any period of time before you were 18 years old or for time spent in Canada.

After you apply, an officer may ask for additional police certificates from any time in your life since you were 18 years old.

Reactions: PR Dreamer

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
Hi guys,
Please be advised, I have applied through TR to PR ,and has not received my AOR. I been planning to go to my home country for a month, I would like to know is there any restriction in traveling if the application starts processing. And also is it possible to give biometric from my home country if it is received when I am there..
Also please let me know if I could travel with my work permit TRV once it get the copr or I should wait for my PR card to travel up and down.
Advice is much appreciated and thanks
It says you have to be living in Canada with valid status at the time of application and final decision. This doesn't mean you can't leave the country for a vacation - as long as you still live in Canada (i.e. you are still paying rent on your house, your bank accounts are still open, you still have time on your visa etc etc etc). But! Covid is the issue - they are thinking about opening the international borders soon but that might change. Remember the whole point of the TR to PR pathway was because people outside of Canada couldn't get here.

But to be honest - don't ask us - ask an IRCC agent as it's an important question that you don't want to get wrong...

For all streams
1. Proof of Entry and Status in Canada

When you apply, you will need to prove that you have valid status, and are living in Canada when you submit your application and when IRCC makes a final decision on your application.

To prove your status in Canada you must submit a copy of your most recent immigration document such as work permit, or study permit.

fsss

Jun 28, 2021
@JALT any update on your application?

I heard new news today, IRCC agent told me everyone who applied TR to PR should have a temporary application number regardless of Initial check or whatever(even if you applied yesterday). Every time I call them I heard new news!

My webform hasn't been accepted yet. My application hasn't been assigned to any visa officer as always.

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
It says you have to be living in Canada with valid status at the time of application and final decision. This doesn't mean you can't leave the country for a vacation - as long as you still live in Canada (i.e. you are still paying rent on your house, your bank accounts are still open, you still have time on your visa etc etc etc). But! Covid is the issue - they are thinking about opening the international borders soon but that might change. Remember the whole point of the TR to PR pathway was because people outside of Canada couldn't get here.

But to be honest - don't ask us - ask an IRCC agent as it's an important question that you don't want to get wrong...

For all streams
1. Proof of Entry and Status in Canada

When you apply, you will need to prove that you have valid status, and are living in Canada when you submit your application and when IRCC makes a final decision on your application.

To prove your status in Canada you must submit a copy of your most recent immigration document such as work permit, or study permit.
Hi guys,
Please be advised, I have applied through TR to PR ,and has not received my AOR. I been planning to go to my home country for a month, I would like to know is there any restriction in traveling if the application starts processing. And also is it possible to give biometric from my home country if it is received when I am there..
Also please let me know if I could travel with my work permit TRV once it get the copr or I should wait for my PR card to travel up and down.
Advice is much appreciated and thanks
I'm currently traveling and will be flying back to Canada on Saturday. Will update you on how it goes.

I asked an IRCC agent and consultant and they both said it is okay to travel while the application is in process. The requirement of this program was to be physically present in Canada at the time of application and approval.

PavRaj

Jun 22, 2021
Hello

How much time it takes post uploading the additional documents

For my case it was PCC, My status is stuck on:

We are reviewing the additional documents you provided, over a week now.

anyone who submitted additional documents, can please tell me how much time this step takes?

Reactions: jettiemeister

Prateek710

Jun 15, 2021

I heard new news today, IRCC agent told me everyone who applied TR to PR should have a temporary application number regardless of Initial check or whatever(even if you applied yesterday). Every time I call them I heard new news!

My webform hasn't been accepted yet. My application hasn't been assigned to any visa officer as always.
Same no AOR today as well

npnan

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
With this flow/rate, what you guys expect the timeline for AOR for end of May applicant essential worker stream? Whats the earliest possibility ? For Int graduate strem when they will complete AOR issuing?

JALT

Nov 3, 2015

No I still can't link my application :rolleyes:

BDtoBC

Jul 14, 2021
Need help.

I applied in the Essential Non-Healthcare category. Then, everything was okay, but now I can sense there are a few troubles.
1. I had 6 days short of completing 1-year of experience to complete while applying in this category.
2. My work document mentions I am a part-time associate, and I get 40 hours per week. As per reality, the hours varied from week to week. Is IRCC going to count the 40 hours per week mentioned in my job offer letter or the hours per pay stubs? If they count 40 hours per week, then I am fine; otherwise, I will be short of the required hours (1560)
3. I worked for two employers—one as a Cashier and the other as a Food counter attendant. I mistakenly thought that Food Counter Attendant is an eligible option, but unfortunately, it is not. I had submitted the details for that job as well. I have emailed IRCC about this, and they replied that I could not change anything that I submitted. However, I worked for the other employer (6 days short of completing 1-year of experience ) and have the above-mentioned condition.

I know this is complex, but this is my condition now. Thank you for reading my long post. What will be your suggestion in this regard?

Last edited:

classicman

Nov 16, 2015
  • Stream: International Graduate French Speaker
  • Submitted: May 7, 2021 14:08pm
  • AOR: July 16
  • Biometrics: Not requested yet
  • Eligibility: -
  • Admissibility: -
  • COPR: -
Not able to link my application to my IRCC account.