+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

AJDrinko

Jun 6, 2021
I read that they are going to process 40,000 applications by the end of the year.
I guess most of those will be IG as that pathway hit allocation almost instantly
I applied through essential workers on May 25th

So my questions are.
1) when do you think I may get my AOR? I originally hoped it would be before my visa expires in Mid August but that is looking doubtful.

2) will I be able to leave the country and continue my application once my visa expires? As I don't think this pathway has maintained status. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

3) I'm a British citizen on the IEC so I don't think I can extend my visa and the business I work for, even though its essential, they are a 4 person team and don't have the funds to process an LMIA application at this time. I have applied for a visitor visa which is processing so I believe I am on maintained status for that, but won't be able to work. Is there a way I can get a new WP?

Not having work between August and potentially sometime in 2022 will be difficult, hence why I am asking about leaving the country.

Rdxnav

Mar 13, 2018
New Zealand
Category........
I have received my Biometric instruction letter and police certificate request.
I also linked to my cic account and uploaded all the police certificates.
Letter received- 9:52pm
Application submitted- may6, 12:21pm
Processing office- sydney

Reactions: Ac1dico

NA2000

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Congratz!, It seems that Sydney office does work really quickly, mine is below 12:18 and still not even gotten AOR.

Vantrtopr

Jun 23, 2021
Hi! Does anyone have know or have any ideas as to what the ghost updates usually mean after you submit your PCC and they start reviewing the submitted documents?

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
I read that they are going to process 40,000 applications by the end of the year.
I guess most of those will be IG as that pathway hit allocation almost instantly
I applied through essential workers on May 25th

So my questions are.
1) when do you think I may get my AOR? I originally hoped it would be before my visa expires in Mid August but that is looking doubtful.

2) will I be able to leave the country and continue my application once my visa expires? As I don't think this pathway has maintained status. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

3) I'm a British citizen on the IEC so I don't think I can extend my visa and the business I work for, even though its essential, they are a 4 person team and don't have the funds to process an LMIA application at this time. I have applied for a visitor visa which is processing so I believe I am on maintained status for that, but won't be able to work. Is there a way I can get a new WP?

Not having work between August and potentially sometime in 2022 will be difficult, hence why I am asking about leaving the country.
Have you maxed out your 24 months on your IEC yet? If you haven't you can apply for an extension. But otherwise yeah you're kind of screwed.

IRCC have mentioned a couple of times (don't remember where) that they are going to process applications from each of the streams simultaneously to make it fair. According to this forum, some people in the non-essential workers stream are getting AORs even though they submitted their application later than some of the IGs that are still waiting. So I'm sure the essential workers stream won't have to wait until all the IGs are done first. That being said being processed by mid-August is unlikely. As of right now there is no bridging open work permit (BOWP) and yes, you're correct, this pathway doesn't have maintained status. But, I've seen a few rumours bouncing around that they may introduce a BOWP for this pathway. Considering they are moving at snails pace and are still processing people that applied within 20 minutes of the pathway opening, it's probably in their best interests to allow a BOWP as you're not supposed to leave the country before you get PR - but like you say you have to support yourself somehow.
Phone an IRCC agent - see if they can help you further.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
Congratz!, It seems that Sydney office does work really quickly, mine is below 12:18 and still not even gotten AOR.
Yeah I'm 12:18 (It was 9:18 PST) and haven't got my AOR yet and can't link my file. To be fair BC province is on fire right now so possibly Vancouver are a bit delayed.

May 23, 2021
Is it IG or EW?

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
Hi! Does anyone have know or have any ideas as to what the ghost updates usually mean after you submit your PCC and they start reviewing the submitted documents?
It just means exactly that I believe - that they have started reviewing your documents. When they open your documents from their end it just automatically kind of creates a flag in the system that something has happened/changed in your profile.