mmahedihasan

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
need advice:

When I applied on May 21, 2021, for the essential non-health-care stream I was furloughed (not temporarily laid off) by my company due to the stay-at-home order by the government.
The experience letter that I got from the company stated I am on leave (though I was furloughed). Now I am back to work.

The recent IRCC guideline says:
be employed in Canada when you submit your application
I was employed but furloughed at the time of application.

Does that mean I was employed according to IRCC?

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
need advice:

When I applied on May 21, 2021, for the essential non-health-care stream I was furloughed (not temporarily laid off) by my company due to the stay-at-home order by the government.
The experience letter that I got from the company stated I am on leave (though I was furloughed). Now I am back to work.

The recent IRCC guideline says:

I was employed but furloughed at the time of application.

Does that mean I was employed according to IRCC?
I think the LOE may help. The important is you are back to work (for the same company).
Bottom line: depends on the officer who review your case.

AJDrinko

Jun 6, 2021
I'm not sure about maintained status as I read somewhere that suggested it's only available when applying for temporary visas (e.g. extending a temporary visa or changing temporary visa type), and is not a thing for when applying for PR. That's something you need to look into.

Here is the link for the webform.
IRCC web form: Contact us online (cic.gc.ca)
Thanks for the link! much appreciated

The agent I spoke to made it sound as though I would qualify for maintained status, but I think I will have to call again and get clarification on that.

Ac1dico

Star Member
May 16, 2021
  • Stream: International Graduate
  • Submitted: May 6, 2021 -12:09 pm EST
  • Link application to IRCC account: June 8, 2021
  • AOR: -
  • Biometrics: June 8, 2021
  • Medical: Passed on June 8, 2021
  • Eligibility: -
  • Criminality: -
  • Security:
  • COPR:
Got BIL and file number today, I hope I get AOR soon. Unless they make an additional document request, I believe this is everything required from my side. Now it's all up to IRCC.

It's interesting, I applied for EE not too long after applying for TR to PR so I'm very curious about which application will process faster.
How did you check that your medical has passed? I did mine days before the portal opened and now unable to figure out the status of my medical.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
How did you check that your medical has passed? I did mine days before the portal opened and now unable to figure out the status of my medical.
When I linked my app, it said "medical passed", other than that, I got a copy of my medical exam results on my address as I requested the results to be sent to me when I took the medical exam.

waifuwars

Oct 5, 2020
When you link your application to portal it will say something like "June 3, 2021 You passed the medical exam" under Review of medical results

claudiop

Mar 16, 2018
Guys one question! I have my biometrics valid so I didn’t pay for new biometrics when I applied for the TR to PR I did it right or should i pay for new Biometrics and send them by webform ?
thanks

hnnguyen5

Jun 8, 2021
Hi,
I realized that I had only paid $500 instead of $1050, I had made the payment but does anyone know how can I update the receipt and will that affect my AOR decision?

sidcome

Jul 28, 2020
Hi guys - in the past 4 years I have been to USA 6-7 times to visit my relatives. If we add all my visits together -
I can say that I have been to USA for more than 6 months - then would I need a pcc from USA too ?

roberto_gm

Oct 7, 2019
Hi everyone,

I see that some people was able to link their application with their previous CICC account....I dont have any idea how to do it?

If anyone could tell me how, that will be appreciated

Pankajgoyal

Jul 28, 2017
Hi All,

can Someone explain how they were able to link the application to their Cic account? I am trying from last 10 days but unable to link mine tr to pr pathway application. Submitted on 6th may at 12:07pm est.

thanks

Reactions: Sam8899