+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I think they will start tomorrow.
* Online service will be unavailable from 1:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. Eastern time, on Tuesday May 11, 2021, in order to perform system maintenance.
This could be it, they might have started reviewing applications today but won't send them out yet.

Another thing guys, is to check your spam folder. I remember that with the original registration code many of us got the email on the spam folder and couldn't find it! Imagine keeping your AOR there for weeks without noticing.

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
This could be it, they might have started reviewing applications today but won't send them out yet.

Another thing guys, is to check your spam folder. I remember that with the original registration code many of us got the email on the spam folder and couldn't find it! Imagine keeping your AOR there for weeks without noticing.
Yea. The best thing to do is to whitelist all emails from "cic.gc.ca" domain so that they don't go into spam again.

shahbaz47

May 6, 2021
Category........
Other

I think we are being too optimistic here, They already have their hands full with last few CEC draws.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I think we are being too optimistic here, They already have their hands full with last few CEC draws.
I want to think they have a separate officer allocation for this program, some CEC Jan, Feb and March applicants already got their COPRs so I don't think CEC applicants are that difficult to process simultaneously, especially now that they're clearing the backlog.

I know it's not a reliable source, but chatty lawyer mentioned some people might even see COPR at the end of the month (probably the first few applicants...) as those applications don't take too long to process.

I guess that until we see some people getting AOR's, we won't be able to trust any source. Not even IRCC has the approximate processing times so this is pure speculation.

intlala

Star Member
May 27, 2018
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
india
I want to think they have a separate officer allocation for this program, some CEC Jan, Feb and March applicants already got their COPRs so I don't think CEC applicants are that difficult to process simultaneously, especially now that they're clearing the backlog.

I know it's not a reliable source, but chatty lawyer mentioned some people might even see COPR at the end of the month (probably the first few applicants...) as those applications don't take too long to process.

I guess that until we see some people getting AOR's, we won't be able to trust any source. Not even IRCC has the approximate processing times so this is pure speculation.
I heard IRCC hired 62 officers to process PR applications.

https://www.mycism.com/2021/03/ircc-hired-62-additional-officers-to-speed-up-the-process-of-family-class-overseas-applications/

Reactions: Flashyyy

shahbaz47

May 6, 2021
Category........
Other
Exactly, hoping they have separate officers working on TR to PR to speed up the process.

Reactions: Flashyyy

Marcop

Oct 28, 2019
Did any of you just submit your degree and transcripts and nothing else for your proof of education? Reason I’m asking is because.I’ve heard people say that you also need a formal letter from your college otherwise your application is going to get rejected. I’m losing sleep over this lol
I also sent a confirmation from Humber profile of graduation

kurtnguyen98

May 10, 2021
Hello, I just found out a mistake in my IMM 5406 form.

I forgot to put city and country for my parents' current address, I just have street number and street name.

Is it gonna lead to the refusal of my application?

I want to update but since there is no AOR yet ...

Can anyone please tell me if this is gonna be a crucial problem? I have all other documents perfectly.

Last edited:

shravan95

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Yes, I heard that online results are okay as long is shows the TRF number as well.
Mine didn’t show TRF number, just the reference number. TRF number showed up after two days I guess. Will there be a problem. Can I submit my TRF through IRCC web form once I receive it.

Qxxxxxx

May 7, 2021
kindly read the post fully first few lines may create confusion.

Under normal conditions- for every PR application you have to give biometrics even if you have given for work permit or study permit which is case for almost of us. It doesn’t matter if it is valid.
This is IRCC has been telling on twitter Because they don’t alter tweets as per individual.

but
but

since this is Covid time therefore there are some categories which are exempted from above conditions.

Who is exempt from biometrics
Biometrics exemption for temporary residence applicants in Canada
As a temporary measure, you’re exempt from giving biometrics if you’re both of the following:
  • in Canada
  • applying or have an application in progress
    • to extend your stay as a student, worker or visitor
    • to restore your status as a student, worker or visitor
    • for a work or study permit
    • for a visitor visa
    • for a temporary resident permit
This exemption applies even if
  • your application form for a work permit, study permit or visitor visa says it’s for applicants outside Canada
  • our online application system asks you to pay a biometric fee (CAN$85)
This exemption does not apply if you’re outside Canada.

Biometrics exemption for permanent residence applicants who have given biometrics within the last 10 years
As a temporary measure, you’re exempt from giving biometrics if you have both of the following:
  • already applied or are applying for permanent residence
  • given your biometrics within the last 10 yeears

For Further clarification-

if you are in Canada and have given fingers prints for study permit and applying for PR you dont need to give Biometrics.
following is the link-
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

they have made a tool to check eligibility which tells in big bolded letters whether you are in exempt category or not.

I would recommend use the above tool And check
Thanks for your reply but In guide its mention to add proof of previous biometrics even if you are exempted but they did not give any section to upload the proof thats why people like me discussing biometrics. Everyone read whatever you posted above but kindly read these lines from guide (Tr to Pr)specially bold and underlined.

Biometrics exemption for permanent residence applicants who have given biometrics within the last 10 years
If you previously submitted biometrics within the last 10 years, please check our website to see if you need to provide them again. If you do not need to provide them again provide proof with your application that you have previously submitted biometrics to IRCC.

amansohana

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
In guide its mention to add proof of previous biometrics even if you are exempted but they did not give any section to upload the proof thats why people like me discussing biometrics. Everyone read whatever you posted above but kindly read these lines from guide specially bold and underlined.

If you previously submitted biometrics within the last 10 years, please check our website to see if you need to provide them again. If you do not need to provide them again provide proof with your application that you have previously submitted biometrics to IRCC.
It is true they have not given particular section for biometrics but your bolded section clearly says, you were supposed to give them this information.
while submitting profile there was option of
Documents related to the e-APR not captured in other details.
in this section one should upload other relevant documents.

Kadhimjaffer

Feb 21, 2021
Thanks for your reply but In guide its mention to add proof of previous biometrics even if you are exempted but they did not give any section to upload the proof thats why people like me discussing biometrics. Everyone read whatever you posted above but kindly read these lines from guide (Tr to Pr)specially bold and underlined.

I believe the proof is that you have stated your UCI number, since they have all the info if they just enter that number in their system, we can always raise a webform after we receive AOR to include biometrics number, Date of biometrics and expiry

amansohana

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
I believe the proof is that you have stated your UCI number, since they have all the info if they just enter that number in their system, we can always raise a webform after we receive AOR to include biometrics number, Date of biometrics and expiry
I guess it should be sufficient. If one want to give them additional information regarding this they can do the same in other field option.

since they asked specifically for providing the proof , i have submitted LOE following is glimpse of my LOE.

“As per Guide (5069), it is mandatory submit IME as part of PR application. The guide
also suggests that old results may be considered ,done for study/work permit. I want to inform you that I have gone through medical exam on xxxxx I have attached copy of it. Similarly, I have given biometrics which are still valid. The reference copy is attached”

Last edited:

Micheal737373

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Stream: International Graduate
Submitted: May 6, 2021( around 1:23PM EST)
AOR: -
Biometrics: - already had from India
Eligibility: -
Admissibility: -
COPR: -

*NOTE - I messed up in uploading application fee receipt by mistake i uploaded my old indian biometric fee receipt i know its foolish but i was helping my 3 friends along with my application so yeah i messed up. Filled webform though but i don't think so it will be much effective.
Exactly what happened to me. Was helping 3 people as well. I will send a dm. Let's update each other on how it goes

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
Mine didn’t show TRF number, just the reference number. TRF number showed up after two days I guess. Will there be a problem. Can I submit my TRF through IRCC web form once I receive it.
I am not sure, it's up to the officer's discretion to decide. You cannot submit any documents until you receive your AOR with the application number.

Reactions: amansohana