+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

Ash05

Oct 26, 2018
I’m a bit scared right now! Seems everyone has gotten AOR except me, I applied May 9th essential worker(stream B) nothing yet. Lots of people that submitted after me has gotten AOR, should I really be worried now?
Raise a complaint, this year they are planning to finish all Tr To Pr but, IRCC is infamous for being careless and missing files.

Paomayin

Star Member
Apr 4, 2023
(Please tell me if his Study permit has expired and how many courses he is retaking this summer.)

Assuming that his Study Permit is still valid, he would list this last Winter semester as being a Student even though he withdrew. If he is re-taking course right now, he is still a Student/Studying, again assuming his Study Permit is still valid and he's taking 3 or more courses therefore a full-time student. Or, because it is the Summer, he can say that he is on summer break if he is not in school. If his Study Permit permits work (on or off campus) he can also say that he is Working during the summer. While on school breaks he can work full-time, but during school, he is only permitted to work 20hrs/wk.

If his Study Permit will expire soon, to be on the safe side given his past grades, I would apply for a renewed Study Permit AND also apply for an "OWP under TR to PR Pathway" for him (as your dependent/student on your TR to PR) which would be valid to the end of Dec 2024. It is possible that they might shorten the length of the Study Permit or refuse the Study Permit due to poor grades but it is up to the agents discretion. Given that this was his first semester, they would likely give him at least one or two semesters to recover his grades. If you also go for the "OWP under TR to PR", make sure his passport is up to date and does not expire before Dec 31, 2024 to maximize the length of the OWP validity. Many folks are not reading the fine print that says IRCC (generally) will not provide permits with an expiry date beyond the validity of their travel documents (usually a passport).

I hope you and your family get PR soon. Also, I recommend that he only takes 3 courses in the Fall if you have not yet received PR. He will still be a full-time student and have more time to focus on improving his grades.
Thanks for the detailed response. Please permit me to provide additional info:
1. His SP will expire in April 2024.
2. His academic standing is “required to withdraw”. He passed 5 out of 8 courses but CGPA did not meet the requirement to continue to the second semester (summer).
3. They advised him to come back by fall 2023 to retake 4 courses before he can proceed to second semester.
4. He was initially withdrawn from fall last year and switched to another course in January- winter 2023.

Between April 25 and now I don’t know what to record for him since he’s not register for summer 2023 which stated a few weeks ago.

I am thinking of writing a comprehensive explanation to accompany the ADR.

What do you think about this sir?

Redan33

Star Member
May 29, 2023
I called IRCC and they said my documents have been received on May 26 and uploaded for officer review but funny thing is she said officer reviewed my file on May 29 to update my biometrics and criminality which is now complete but my supporting documents haven’t been reviewed or even updated on my portal as received. Portal still showing we require documents from you
@CherAmie please advise

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
An an agent could have reviewed some parts of your file on the 29th and not necessarily reviewed your newly submitted documents from the 26th. The officers are not sitting around waiting for documents to show up. They are working on multiple files and may be working on different aspects of many files in batches. They will eventually review your documents—the amount of time to review documents can vary a lot. Best wishes.

Reactions: Ash05 and Redan33

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Thanks for the detailed response. Please permit me to provide additional info:
1. His SP will expire in April 2024.
2. His academic standing is “required to withdraw”. He passed 5 out of 8 courses but CGPA did not meet the requirement to continue to the second semester (summer).
3. They advised him to come back by fall 2023 to retake 4 courses before he can proceed to second semester.
4. He was initially withdrawn from fall last year and switched to another course in January- winter 2023.

Between April 25 and now I don’t know what to record for him since he’s not register for summer 2023 which stated a few weeks ago.

I am thinking of writing a comprehensive explanation to accompany the ADR.

What do you think about this sir?
I don’t think you need a detailed explanation for his Schedule A. As a student he is permitted to be on “summer break” as this is a normal part of most school calendars. Also it is okay to switch programs as he did in January. The Schedule A is asking for details up to today. If the school is going to permit him to retake courses in the Fall, then he continues (at least for the now) to be an eligible/acceptable/ qualified student for now returning to school in the Fall. I would enter him as a Student through all of the periods you’ve identified and a Student on summer break if you wish to be more specific about the time since April 25th. Best wishes!

KrishnaVerma

May 31, 2023
Hi Everyone!

I have received an email 'IIRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal (Calgary - CGY4604)'. I have replied to the email with the requested information. What are the next steps? Any idea? Also, planing a holiday to London, UK to visit my family mid-June, will I have to cancel the holiday? lol

Also, would like to share my timeline:
Applied May 6th 2021 (1st day) number 30xxx/40000
IG Scheme
Radio silence till January 6th 2022
Documentation request (everything including immigration form, employment letters, transcripts, degrees, India US and UK PCC, financial documents)
Radio Silence till December 30th 2022
Ghost updates here and there
Resubmitted PCC as old India, US and UK PCC expired as process took so long
Spoke to MP in Toronto to request an update March 10th 2023
I received a response in March with all the updates and I had no idea what they mean
A few ghost updates in April 2023
May 31st 2023 email was received requesting information for permanent resident portal

Also, I would like to offer and help or advise or support to anyone else out there. This has been an incredibly difficult time and this community was very helpful. Much love and respect to everyone! I am here for you if anything, please reach out.
Also would appreciate any guidance on what's next in terms of this TR to PR Pathway.

Thank you,
Krishna.

Me505

Aug 16, 2022
Hello All, my timeline:
Applied July 16 at 2.52am (essential non-healthcare)
All documents were upfront, except child’s medical which was submitted after 2 months with webform.
AOR-August 12, 2022 (00271)
Applied CBSA on Jan 11, 2023, received Feb 9,2023 (from notes, eligibility and security not started, criminality -passed, medical-passed-expired, info sharing-complete)
Contacted MP on March 12, 2023-no update on file.
Contacted MP on May 30- As per your enquiry, all the assessments have passed, although security needs to be assessed.
May 31st- Portal Email.
(Since I did not have access to my account, so I don’t know if there was any GU, but there were no ADR)
How should I reply the portal email, since both me and my spouse received the portal email. Should we put our individual email for: Email for the Permanent Resident Portal: ?
Your help will be appreciated.

Paomayin

Star Member
Apr 4, 2023
I don’t think you need a detailed explanation for his Schedule A. As a student he is permitted to be on “summer break” as this is a normal part of most school calendars. Also it is okay to switch programs as he did in January. The Schedule A is asking for details up to today. If the school is going to permit him to retake courses in the Fall, then he continues (at least for the now) to be an eligible/acceptable/ qualified student for now returning to school in the Fall. I would enter him as a Student through all of the periods you’ve identified and a Student on summer break if you wish to be more specific about the time since April 25th. Best wishes!
Thanks for your intervention.

Reactions: CherAmie