+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

Shwash1234

Jul 2, 2021
You are in the same boat as many people. It appears, from this forum, that although security could be 'complete,' the box or field in your account may not get 'ticked' by the right officer until the day you get your eCOPR. It's not a very transparent process and security is only one of many steps in Background Check so it can seem to take forever.

Ordering GCMS notes (through ATIP from IRCC or CBSA) will not reveal much about why security is being held up because (for broader national security reasons), security notes are generally not provided (they are redacted). The most you will generally find out is:

2. Security
Before foreign nationals who apply for a visa, permanent residency or file any other immigration application can be admitted into Canada, it has to be ensured that they would not present a risk to the safety or security of Canadians. All foreign nationals undergo a security screening, which is done primarily by partner agencies, such as CBSA and CSIS. You can read an in-depth article on security screening here. GCMS notes released by IRCC will redact the security-related information in the GCMS notes pursuant to section 15 / 16 of the Access to Information Act. If the security screening has not yet started the security field will reflect “not started” against it. However, if it is in progress or passed, it may show as blank and have s15/16 listed on the top right corner of the page.
You may want to order GCMS notes for other reasons, but they won't reveal details about 'security' issues. Best wishes!
Thank you Cheramie - I ordered GCMS and some pages are blank with section 15/16 mentioned on it . Hence I persistently tried calling IRCC to know specifics . so unless some one awakes and checks my file and put a tick mark , we are at mercy ...literally everything is wrapped in secrecy

zhangji80

Star Member
May 26, 2022
Thank you Cheramie - I ordered GCMS and some pages are blank with section 15/16 mentioned on it . Hence I persistently tried calling IRCC to know specifics . so unless some one awakes and checks my file and put a tick mark , we are at mercy ...literally everything is wrapped in secrecy
We have the same situation, but I don't think IRCC can control everything, actually, they send our files to some other bureau to do the security check.
I also have the info sharing, which means my files was sent to US FBI, UK or somewhere they want to do the check.........

Try to relax, and wait. That's all we can do.

PRJuneChaser

Star Member
Feb 1, 2023
Called IRCC and luckily got connected this time . I am told my file is pending security clearance . I know its difficult to answer , still want to ask - is your case before approval in same state ? how much time it took ? Any specific pattern you have that could delay clearance ?
OR
I am just over complicating as its a routine process to wait security clearence
OR
i shall order CSIS / CBSa notes ?
E0026, June 30, 2021 , medical, eligibility pass , no ADRs requested
E0026 here..security pending means not started yet...it took 4 months from eligibility for my security to start in March 2023 and still in progress. Pray for a miracle mayb ur file has a working officer. My officer mayb dies or retired....

Coockie707

Dec 13, 2022
Called IRCC and luckily got connected this time . I am told my file is pending security clearance . I know its difficult to answer , still want to ask - is your case before approval in same state ? how much time it took ? Any specific pattern you have that could delay clearance ?
OR
OR
Same here app no 002699
Everything passed in may, security is in process.

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Submit that as soon as possible. I got portal request after 2 days of submitting Schedule A.
Did you put the date of today or the date at the time of application while submitting schedule a? Like history from 10 years from date of application or from present day?

User_tr to pr

Mar 31, 2023
OR
OR
Mine in security check since feb, applied on 27 june
Still waiting for approval hope soon

Reactions: CherAmie

shawn.s

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
Posting on behalf of my brother who got his golden email and portal login today.

Application starts with: E0027
Date: July 11, 2021
ADR PCC: July 1, 2022
ADR Review update: August 11, 2022
Medical Passed: April 12, 2023
Golden Email: May 10, 2023
Portal Login: May 10, 2023

Waiting eCOPR

Everything on the portal still says in process including Background, ADR, Eligiblity.

I will finally get those sweet sweet 15 points for my Express Entry and finally crack those stupidly high CRS cutoff scores...

stay in there folks - i will be around to answer any queries.