+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

fukahachiru

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
They might also be doing some 'batch' updating on the system. I have my PR card but my Background Check (BC), Eligibility and Final Decision never changed to 'completed' in my account until I received my eCOPR on Feb 13, 2023, -- not very transparent or timely. And then they retroactively put in the BC completion date as Jan 23, 2023, which was the day before I received the first PR approval email on Jan 24, 2023, initiating the portal/landing process. Hopefully IRCC is getting ready to land some more people soon, or shortly after the strike.
Ciao!
There's some people called IRCC to check after they saw background check N/A but their application have nothing changed
Mine is still "we are processing..." though. Hopefully I would get the golden email soon

Reactions: KIKI@KIKI

KIKI@KIKI

Star Member
Mar 30, 2023
Anyone got a clue, what does this actually mean? Was it just a batch update just like medical got expired for lots of applicants
Honestly no clue, from what I have read it is just an update for the background check. there are two updates NA1 and NA2. NA2 is the last update/step for the background check. But mine does not say if it's NA1 or NA2. Sometimes after some time, NA changes back to in progress. I also noticed when I applied for my PGWP at that time also my Background check says Not applicable. God knows what is going on with our applications!

KIKI@KIKI

Star Member
Mar 30, 2023
Seems like it. My background check status also changed to "Not applicable."
On MyCIC account if the Background Check status changes from "in progress" to "not applicable" then most likely criminality has passed. Some applicants may also see "Passed - Bio" in the Criminality section in their GCMS file which typically means that the criminality check was completed and verified using biometrics.

Reactions: Paurvi and kagawa