+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Yah. I thought so. That's why I haven't applied for PGWP extension yet. But still with all these IRCC silence on my applications and unlucky with getting a "free and faster" way of PGWP-ext, I feel like somehow my luck was just slipped away. FYI, I also already submitted for CEC on 29 Mar 2023. Knowing that I'm not that kind of lucky people that can have TR to PR approval early, I don't want to miss a single chance
If you can't use the "Opt-In" process, you can use this process instead for PGWP holders. It will 'only' cost $100. The recent expiry of your PGWP fits into the eligible dates below. And, WOW, PGWP folks can apply even if they are inside or outside of the 90 day restoration period. :cool:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/post-graduation-work-permit-holders/apply-in-canada.html

Current and former post-graduation work permit holders: How to apply under a public policy if you’re in Canada
You must apply online for this open work permit on or before December 31, 2023.
You can’t apply at a port of entry.
You can only get this open work permit once, and it can’t be extended.
Who can apply
To be eligible for this open work permit, you must meet the following requirements:
  • Your post-graduation work permit (PGWP) expired or will expire between September 20, 2021, and December 31, 2023.
  • You must include in your application the fact that you’re applying for an open work permit under this public policy.
  • You have a valid passport.
    • If your PGWP is still valid, the work permit will be issued for up to 18 months from the date your current PGWP expires or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.
    • If your PGWP has expired, the work permit will be issued for up to 18 months from the date your application is approved or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.
    • To maximize the duration of the open work permit, make sure your passport is valid for at least 18 months from the date your PGWP expires (if your PGWP is still valid) or from the date your application is approved (if your PGWP has expired).
      • For example, if your passport is valid for 12 months, you will be issued an open work permit for 12 months.
  • You either
    • have temporary resident status (this could be from having a valid work permit, visitor record, study permit or temporary resident permit that allows you to stay in Canada)
    • lost your temporary resident status, but have already applied to restore it, or
    • lost your temporary resident status, but will apply to restore itat the same time as you apply for this open work permit
      • This also applies if you lost your status more than 90 days ago.

kbarjinder

Apr 6, 2023
Hi everyone, it’s my 1st time posting I was reading everyone’s messages.
I applied for my Gcms notes last month in March and received it today.
According to the notes, my criminality is in process but eligibility and security hasn’t been started yet. Is it just me whose eligibility has been not started? and if yes what can i do about it.
Thanks

Reactions: T0pubo and CherAmie

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hi everyone, it’s my 1st time posting I was reading everyone’s messages.
I applied for my Gcms notes last month in March and received it today.
According to the notes, my criminality is in process but eligibility and security hasn’t been started yet. Is it just me whose eligibility has been not started? and if yes what can i do about it.
Thanks
Share your timeline please -- when you applied, received AOR or linked, what stream you applied under, any ADRs, etc. This will help people help you. You can put it in your signature and update it when you have more to report. But for the most part, you've done what you can by getting your GCMS notes. Contacting an MP or the call centre will not result in much more. Perhaps your notes refer to a 'due date' -- that may or may not help you estimate your processing time. Best wishes.

Reactions: T0pubo

kbarjinder

Apr 6, 2023
Share your timeline please -- when you applied, received AOR or linked, what stream you applied under, any ADRs, etc. This will help people help you. You can put it in your signature and update it when you have more to report. But for the most part, you've done what you can by getting your GCMS notes. Contacting an MP or the call centre will not result in much more. Perhaps your notes refer to a 'due date' -- that may or may not help you estimate your processing time. Best wishes.
First of all thank you so much for the reply.
I applied on july 15th
Aor august 11, 2022
stream B essential non-healthcare

fukahachiru

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Oh right. GCMS note. I applied for it on feb 2023 but nothing so far either. Wonder how many people got it within 1 month

hopingfortrtopr

Star Member
Jan 23, 2023
Reactions: CherAmie

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
First of all thank you so much for the reply.
I applied on july 15th
Aor august 11, 2022
stream B essential non-healthcare
A very large number of Stream B's applied increasingly in June and July, 2021, with very high numbers in the last days right up to it capping out on July 16th. Many June's & July's are getting PR now so patience is your best friend, because there is not much more you can do. And with an AOR of August, 2022, I suspect you are nearer the end of this Stream, but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with your file. Just that IRCC is painfully behind. Best wishes. Keep us posted. :cool:

kbarjinder

Apr 6, 2023
Oh right. GCMS note. I applied for it on feb 2023 but nothing so far either. Wonder how many people got it within 1 month
I applied twice
A very large number of Stream B's applied increasingly in June and July, 2021, with very high numbers in the last days right up to it capping out on July 16th. Many June's & July's are getting PR now so patience is your best friend, because there is not much more you can do. And with an AOR of August, 2022, I suspect you are nearer the end of this Stream, but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with your file. Just that IRCC is painfully behind. Best wishes. Keep us posted. :cool:
Thank you so much for your reply, Once again. Have a great weekend.

Reactions: CherAmie