+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

hopingfortrtopr

Star Member
Jan 23, 2023
Good day all, has anyone been able to "opt in" for the extended work permit starting today April 6, 2023 until May 20, 2023,

I received the email that I was eligible, but on clicking "Opt in" after confirming my information. The page doesn't respond.

Anyone here with similar issue or is it just me?
where do you see the opt in ? on ircc account or the email sent?

June16.E00268

Mar 29, 2023
where do you see the opt in ? on ircc account or the email sent?
Log into your IRCC account and below "Start an application" you will see "Post-graduation work permit holder: Extend your open work permit (up to an additional 18 months)" Fill in or update your information and click "Opt in"

See link below for instruction from IRCC updated today.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/post-graduation-work-permit-holders/mail-work-permit.html

Last edited:

a_ahluwalia

Jan 5, 2022
Is there anyone whose gcms notes due date has been completed but the process is still under progress. For example, in my eligibility the due date is April 28,2023 so it should be completed by then or I can expect furthermore delay?

June16.E00268

Mar 29, 2023
Good day all, has anyone been able to "opt in" for the extended work permit starting today April 6, 2023 until May 20, 2023,

I received the email that I was eligible, but on clicking "Opt in" after confirming my information. The page doesn't respond.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022

This is only a guess on my part -- if this is the first day of the "opt in" there is a possibility that the system is overwhelmed. Try again over the next few days unless someone else knows more about what is going on. :cool:

fukahachiru

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
I'm really really frustrated now.
My PGWP expires on 06 April 2023 and 1 day before (05 April) I received email that I can Opt-in for the extension but couldn't find the link to opt-in as people show in my Account. And then, 0:00 06 April, my PGWP expired and even now I still cannot see the link to Opt-in. Great job IRCC in ruining people's life. I don't know what to say but crying right now. Why nothing works out for my applications.
TR to PR still in progress.
OWP applied on 02 Jan 2023 still in progress (complete silence)
And now this PGWP extension shit.
My employer keeps asking me how my applications progressed. So stressful with this life

Last edited:
Reactions: CherAmie

June16.E00268

Mar 29, 2023
I'm really really frustrating now.
My PGWP expires on 06 April 2023 and 1 day before (05 April) I received email that I can Opt-in for the extension but couldn't find the link to opt-in as people show in my Account. And then, 0:00 06 April, my PGWP expired and even now I still cannot see the link to Opt-in. Great job IRCC in ruining people's life. I don't know what to say but crying right now. Why nothing works out for my applications.
TR to PR still in progress.
OWP applied on 02 Jan 2023 still in progress (complete silence)
And now this PGWP extension shit.
My employer keeps asking me how my applications progressed. So stressful with this life
Hey, sorry about your situation, you can Log into your IRCC account and below "Start an application" you will see "Post-graduation work permit holder: Extend your open work permit (up to an additional 18 months)" Fill in or update your information and click "Opt in"

Yours may work.

Let me know how that goes

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/post-graduation-work-permit-holders/mail-work-permit.html

Reactions: CherAmie

fukahachiru

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Hey, sorry about your situation, you can Log into your IRCC account and below "Start an application" you will see "Post-graduation work permit holder: Extend your open work permit (up to an additional 18 months)" Fill in or update your information and click "Opt in"

Yours may work.

Let me know how that goes

I couldn't find that "Post-graduation work permit holder: Extend your open work permit (up to an additional 18 months)" at all as I mentioned. Only "apply to canada","refugee: apply...", "citizenship...", "student: transfer school" that's it. I wonder why they messed up my account because last time when my Express entry profile expired, I couldn't find an option to apply for PR under these options either and had to create a new account.
And anw, my PGWP expired today already (the status is already updated as expired) and that means I have to pay fk.ng 155$ for their PGWP shit while already paid $155 for OWP
But thank you and appreciate your help though

Reactions: hopingfortrtopr

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I couldn't find that "Post-graduation work permit holder: Extend your open work permit (up to an additional 18 months)" at all as I mentioned. Only "apply to canada","refugee: apply...", "citizenship...", "student: transfer school" that's it. I wonder why they messed up my account because last time when my Express entry profile expired, I couldn't find an option to apply for PR under these options either and had to create a new account.
And anw, my PGWP expired today already (the status is already updated as expired) and that means I have to pay fk.ng 155$ for their PGWP shit while already paid $155 for OWP
But thank you and appreciate your help though
Very frustrating indeed, however, if you already applied for the OWP you do not need to apply for the PGWP-ext although you can. Because you applied for the OWP before your PGWP expired, you are under 'maintained' status and can continue to work while they are making a decision on the OWP. I certainly understand if you still want to apply for the PGWP-extension as back-up, and I suspect that there might be a way to still opt in to the PGWP-extension if you are within the 90-day restoration period for your PGWP. Read more about the policy to see if that is an option -- it has been for some other recent temporary policies. Just a suggestion. :cool:

Reactions: T0pubo and kagawa

fukahachiru

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Very frustrating indeed, however, if you already applied for the OWP you do not need to apply for the PGWP-ext although you can. Because you applied for the OWP before your PGWP expired, you are under 'maintained' status and can continue to work while they are making a decision on the OWP. I certainly understand if you still want to apply for the PGWP-extension as back-up, and I suspect that there might be a way to still opt in to the PGWP-extension if you are within the 90-day restoration period for your PGWP. Read more about the policy to see if that is an option -- it has been for some other recent temporary policies. Just a suggestion. :cool:
Yah. I thought so. That's why I haven't applied for PGWP extension yet. But still with all these IRCC silence on my applications and unlucky with getting a "free and faster" way of PGWP-ext, I feel like somehow my luck was just slipped away. FYI, I also already submitted for CEC on 29 Mar 2023. Knowing that I'm not that kind of lucky people that can have TR to PR approval early, I don't want to miss a single chance

Reactions: T0pubo and CherAmie