+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hi , my question is, do we need to go to Port of entry for stamping on COPR IRCC copy ?
No you do not need to go to a port of entry. You only need to print, date & sign your ECOPR (the Client copy that also has the Immigration Officer's signature on it) and keep it ''forever' ... you may need it when you apply for Old Age Security or other future benefits.

You can then use that ECOPR document to update or apply for a SIN number at Service Canada (or online), Provincial Healthcare, status as a student who can pay domestic fees going forward (instead of international fees), update bank status (if, for example, you have a credit card that required security because you only had temp status), etc.

You cannot use the ECOPR to travel -- you need to wait for your PR card.

Last edited:

k05

Jan 17, 2023
No you do not need to go to a port of entry. You only need to print, date & sign your ECOPR (the Client copy that also has the Immigration Officer's signature on it) and keep it ''forever' ... you may need it when you play for Old Age Security or other future benefits.

You can then use that ECOPR document to update or apply for a SIN number at Service Canada (or online), Provincial Healthcare, status as a student who can pay domestic fees going forward (instead of international fees), update bank status (if, for example, you have a credit card that required security because you only had temp status), etc.

You cannot use the ECOPR to travel -- you need to wait for your PR card.
thank you for reply.

Reactions: CherAmie

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I'm sure that those who already have PR are no longer hanging around this thread, but I could use some advice on how to proceed with having my PR application approved when I am currently outside Canada. I'm in the US and have a valid Canadian PGWP.

Do I reply to the email and let them know when I will return or should I hold off and answer only once I am back? Once I have returned and let them know of my arrival, how long does it take for them to respond back to me?

I do plan to move back to Canada but not for several months as I have a job in the US now. So I can't realistically go there, answer the email, and wait multiple weeks to get my portal log-in.

Let me know if any of you know how quickly the agents respond to messages that you have arrived in Canada and are awaiting the webform.

Much Appreciated!
After you get the initial PR email and respond to the few easy questions, if you are in Canada it will only take a few days for them to send you your PR portal credentials (portal access & password). Then, if you upload your digital photo and confirm your Canadian address, it could take 2 weeks or a little longer to get the ECOPR email/document (which gives you full permanent residence but cannot be used to travel). It could then be another 2-6 weeks before you receive your PR Card in the mail.

I do not know how long it takes to resume the PR Portal process if you are out of the country when you get the initial PR email, but from what I've read on this forum, it does not seem to be too long after you notify them that you are back in the country. (Anyone out there know more?)

And, heads up, I don't know how long you've been out of Canada but if it's more than 6 months, there's a possibility that you may be asked for a US PCC, so I would request one just prior to your return so you have it ready. (I'm only speculating on this because 'Info Sharing' with the US may have that base already covered.)

Thor@47

Jan 22, 2023
I applied on June 26 under Stream B non-healthcare #E0267, still waiting, submitted Schedule A on Dec 23, 2022, and received an update on Jan. 11, 2023, after that nothing..... how long is it gonna be??? trying to call them daily no luck

MS_IND

Oct 18, 2021
Hello everyone, I received my PR confirmation email today, and I've a query: Regarding outland dependents, where should I provide information on the best estimate for the anticipated date of their entry to Canada: #7 Original entry date or #11 If you are not inside Canada, when is your expected return date?

Please advise. Thanks in advance

Note: My dependents will be entering Canada for the first time.

Last edited:

MSB_1921

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
Hello everyone, I received my PR confirmation email today, and I've a query: Regarding outland dependents, where should I provide information on the best estimate for the anticipated date of their entry to Canada: #7 Original entry date or #11 If you are not inside Canada, when is your expected return date? Thanks in advance

Note: My dependents will be entering Canada for the first time.
Hey, can you please tell us your timeline? I also applied for my dependant , just want to get an idea of who is in a similar situation

MiloBR

Apr 12, 2022
Hi everyone, don't loose your hope. Your time will come, after I received my Approval/PR email request the whole process was quick. It is funny, because when I moved to a smaller town everything started to move waaaaaaaaaaay quicker, so may be there is some kind of sort by city/region in this process.

Another point, my file was stuck with an agent that was off since 2021, after my file was sent to another agent, everything started to move. So something wrong happened in their end as well. By the way, my file was approved since November 22, but waiting for supervisor to approve it, that happened only Jan 05.

Anyway, here is my timeline.

Signature
  • Stream B: essential, non-health care (with 1 dependents)
  • Submitted: May 24, 2021
  • Biometrics request: 21 Jan, 2022
  • AOR: 24 Jan, 2022
  • ADR : NO ADR, everything uploaded upfront
  • Medical passed: 18 Jan, 2022
  • GU : 23 Jun, 2022. -> Medical Exam "expired"
  • GU: 06 Sept, 2022 -> Review of eligibility - "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"
  • GU: 07 Sept, 2022 -> ADR (Schedule A detailed since 18yr, printed and signed + Birth Certificate for the little Canadian)
  • GU: 16 Sept, 2022 -> You passed the medical exam.
  • GU: 26 Oct, 2022 -> Confirmation Eligibility and security have passed
  • GU: 22 Nov, 2022 -> ? (After received my CBSA ATIP, this is when I passed in everything)
  • PR Confirmation / Portal Request -> 05 Jan, 2023
  • PR Portal Credential -> 06 Jan, 2023
  • PR Portal Files Sent -> 07 Jan, 2023
  • eCOPR -> 12 Jan, 2023
  • PR Portal -> 24 Jan, 2023 Photo not accepted for my dependent, mistake from my end.
  • PR Card -> 03 Feb, 2023 Only my card arrived, since the other one needed a new photo.
  • PR Card -> 13 Feb, 2023 Received last PR Card.
End of journey, see you in 2 years when I'm able to apply for citizenship.