>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
I have not received any approval but i received this mail yesterday.
is this a good sign?

La version française se trouve à la suite de ce message.

Dear

You have been selected to take part in a Government of Canada survey!

We would like to hear about your experience with Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. Our records indicate that you have recently received a decision from us on an application.

The survey is voluntary and will take about 15 minutes to complete.

Take me to the survey
or copy the full URL below into your internet browser: https://s.advanis.ca/irccclient2023_en?reference_id=ZZUZ9CW7

Thank you! Your feedback will help us improve our services.

If you experience any difficulties with the survey, please contact Advanis by telephone at 1-866-509-6986 or by e-mail at survey+ircc_external2023@advanis.ca

If you would like to verify the authenticity of this IRCC survey, please visit the IRCC web page under “Notices” in our Newsroom or click on the link below:
Rate them 1 on 10 scale across all metrics

• Haha
Reactions: helpneeded_please

xspada

Feb 7, 2023
Someone help me, I'm totally screwed. I applied for tr to pr pathway while on study permit on July 16th. I tried restoring my study permit last year and got a refusal 8 days ago. I am no longer eligible to restore as the regulated 90 days have passed and I have been told to leave Canada. Will being out of status affect my tr to pr?

hopingfortrtopr

Star Member
Jan 23, 2023
Someone help me, I'm totally screwed. I applied for tr to pr pathway while on study permit on July 16th. I tried restoring my study permit last year and got a refusal 8 days ago. I am no longer eligible to restore as the regulated 90 days have passed and I have been told to leave Canada. Will being out of status affect my tr to pr?
More than likely it will. You cant apply for tr to pr on a study permit when you havent graduated

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Please provide your full TR to PR timeline. This is your first post so look at my signature as an example. If you can, consult with an immigration lawyer. Please state why the agent/officer denied your study renewal, and if you don’t want to say why on this forum, please DM me the details by clicking the “C” icon next to my post & then selecting ‘start a conversation’. There are several reasons not to lose hope. I was denied a study permit by IRCC’s error but got it after a several weeks of back & forth correspondence. Chin up!

xspada

Feb 7, 2023
Please provide your full TR to PR timeline. This is your first post so look at my signature as an example. If you can, consult with an immigration lawyer. Please state why the agent/officer denied your study renewal, and if you don’t want to say why on this forum, please DM me the details by clicking the “C” icon next to my post & then selecting ‘start a conversation’. There are several reasons not to lose hope. I was denied a study permit by IRCC’s error but got it after a several weeks of back & forth correspondence. Chin up!
I applied July 16th under Essential worker
Eligibility: not started
Security: not started
Criminality: passed
Medicals: passed
Info sharing: complete

PRJuneChaser

Star Member
Feb 1, 2023
Did you apply for open work permit under tr to pr pathway as a back up plan?
Also what was the reason for study permit refusal?

Reactions: CherAmie

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Thank you. When did you link your account or receive the AOR email stating that they started processing your account? It looks like you've either received your GCMS &/or talked to an agent to get some of the details above. How long ago did you get the Criminality passed info & from whom (some people wait a long time for that one)?

I don't want to be overly optimistic just yet but there is a possibility that someone is working on your file and clearing the back up in your applications. Last summer, my backed up 3.5 year old Work Permit application got denied (but by then it was irrelevant anyway), then a week later my 2.5 year old Study Permit got denied (in error) and then passed a few weeks later (after some back & forth correspondence). Recently, my 'OWP under TR to PR Pathway' got approved on Jan 20, 2023, and then my PR email came in on Jan 24, 2023.

I would apply ASAP for an 'OWP under the TR to PR Pathway' temporary policy -- having applied for TR to PR, your are eligible for it. I'll send you details on how to apply. Or at least apply for a Visitors Visa. Whichever you apply for, include a request for urgent processing in a Letter of Explanation indicating that you have a TR to PR application in process and are still waiting for it to be completed.

Last edited:
Reactions: helpneeded_please

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I hope you will receive PR in the next month or so, however, just in case it takes longer, you should apply for an 'OWP under TR to PR Pathway.' You are eligible immediately so include a Letter of Explanation explaining the urgency of your application.

Read this on IRCC's website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/tr-pr-pathway.html

And these are the guidelines, read them carefully all the way through a several times:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/open-work-permit.html

The guidelines for 'OWP under TR to PR' are slightly different from a regular 'OWP' application, so read the details carefully. The 'OWP under TR to PR' guidelines will tell you to put certain answers into boxes that don't necessarily make sense but follow them anyway. Only follow the general OWP guidelines when the OWP under TR to PR guidelines do not tell you to do something else. Best wishes!

Last edited:
Reactions: Snagra

WaiterForEver

Star Member
May 20, 2022
WHAT DOES PRE-ARRVIAL DOC MEAN?
Not sure if anyone has replied to you yet...The pre-arrival doc is a letter which informs you that you are approved to use some services for new comers while you are waiting OUTSIDE Canada for last steps of your PR application to finalize...service like job search, home search, things like that...it seems they send this letter when a positive decision is made but still some more bureaucratic steps needs till you get your PR in hand. Though I have not heard this letter to be sent to in-land TR to PR applicants.

Arpitjr

Feb 7, 2023
My friend got this in her e-mail today
<<IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal- (Calgary xxxxx - App # - xxxxxxxx)
but no changes in gckey portal. This probably means PR approved?? Can someone who has already got the mail guide with correct steps ahead?