+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

ron.3

Jan 20, 2023
So some July applicants got PR approval before some June applicants? I thought we were moving in order here

agrewal98

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
I personally don't want to cancel the representative as I have paid in the full amount and now fighting to get back the money will be too much of efforts sadly. Plus I feel like I am on the edge of receiving the PR hopefully(fingers cross!).
About the ghost updates and everything- I know I have been patient for as long as we all have been :( its just that I want to know if my portal has any kind of update- my consultant did not inform me about my medical or any other update as she thought it is not useful for me to know- they said I will only update you if IRCC needs any documents or if you receive your PR or if you don't- that is the part it annoyed me so much and I had no idea how to tackle with that :confused:

But thanks- knowing there are more people who have been on the same board as me makes me feel a little better :)
Cancelling your representative doesn’t mean that it’s your opportunity to get the money back as well. It just means that you don’t want to be represented by them anymore. The money you paid wasn’t for your representation only. It was mostly for submitting your application on your behalf and sorting all the documents and making sure you didn’t make any mistakes. So you can cancel them as your representative and have the control back so that you can oversee all the updates. For them, a ghost update is not something that needs to be conveyed to you. Ghost update isn’t a formal term in the immigration process. It’s just background processing. “Ghost updates” became popular from people like us who were sharing even the tiniest of details to alleviate our anxiety around the whole process. As you may have seen in this forum, you will see people trying to identify some sort of trend from application numbers, or from where the file currently is (whitehorse, Calgary, Sidney, etc.), or what the officer number is. It’s just how we are sharing information with each other to just have some sort of idea about what’s going on. An immigration consultant will not tell you if your medical passed or if there’s any ghost update. They will only inform if your medical fails, or if your eligibility fails, if there are any documents that are needed, or the final decision. For them, any background processing resulting in ghost updates or if your biometrics get updated or your medical get passed is just normal processing. If you want each and every update, you can cancel them as representatives and just keep an eye by yourself. But that doesn’t mean you can get the money back. It is paid and was paid for submission of your file. Anyway, these consultancies just are a form of convenience. Many people can submit their own applications because all the info is given on website and it’s very easy. But I guess it’s just some form of anxiety around this immigration process so people applyy it through immigration agents who basically do nothing magical but just apply on your behalf. Anyway, if you want all the updates, cancel them as your representative. :)

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Guys! I am so done with the waiting now- P.s my consultant is not helping too much- I asked for updates and they get pissed- they don't even update me if I ever receive any ghost updates or anything. Even when my med was passed they didn't update me- it was me who figured it out when I asked for the picture of the portal page for my application and it said Medical passed.

So annoyed- I mean it is my right to know stuff about my application so don't tell me to stop asking for a picture of my portal once in a while as whenever I ask them for update all they say is "no update" and for them when my medical was passed they said "it is not of a big news" I felt so bad on this comment.

Oh well, I really hope I get my PR confirmation :(( Hoping to receive it today ughh just wishes lol
make a complaint - https://www.college-ic.ca/protecting-the-public/complaints-process/make-a-complaint

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
I personally don't want to cancel the representative as I have paid in the full amount and now fighting to get back the money will be too much of efforts sadly. Plus I feel like I am on the edge of receiving the PR hopefully(fingers cross!).
About the ghost updates and everything- I know I have been patient for as long as we all have been :( its just that I want to know if my portal has any kind of update- my consultant did not inform me about my medical or any other update as she thought it is not useful for me to know- they said I will only update you if IRCC needs any documents or if you receive your PR or if you don't- that is the part it annoyed me so much and I had no idea how to tackle with that :confused:

But thanks- knowing there are more people who have been on the same board as me makes me feel a little better :)
bloody I applied for TRV on Dec 22, the processing time is 14 days. People who applied mid Jan have even got PPR. I don't know what mfkers I have been stuck with. These VOs are definitely putting their racial bias while handling my file. When you bring in trashy people, this is what happens. They have even penetrated the Government offices now.

Last edited:

k05

Jan 17, 2023

My application is also submitted by a representative. I can just say , have patience you will get your PR soon. No need to bug them for update. As that what they told me , no need to sending emails for update we will update you if there is an important update.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Abbycrocs

Star Member
Jul 10, 2021
is there any instance of a refusal under any of the streams ? Mine was sent for a review as per GCMS notes, where it said ' I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that the PA meets the eligibility requirements'. The reviewing officer mentioned ' I am satisfied' and changed the status to 'I am not satisfied' after 20 minutes stating ' the last update was made in error' and sent it for further review. This activity is from January 2022. Then i received an ADR in Dec 2022. I have had three ADR's in all (see my signature). Does the last one mean eligibility was passed? This wait has been frustrating.
Spending time on this forum is fun. LOL

Edit: 2 weeks after the last ADR, status changed to background started. Eligibility is still under review.

WaiterForEver

Star Member
May 20, 2022
could you please share,did you received COPR in email or spam folder?
COPR is something else than PR approval e-mail. Here is the order: After your case is officially approved you will be notified via e-mail. You will need to reply with answering a few questions. THen you will receive a portal credential e-mail. Once you log into PR portal and upload photo and declarations you will receive a notification of CONFIRMATION OF YOUR STATUS AS PR via email. Once you receive this you will need to log into PR portal again and download your eCOPR. Once you do that you will receive a COPR email. For me none if these landed in my spam, but they may for others.

Reactions: CherAmie

WaiterForEver

Star Member
May 20, 2022
Hey Thanks for the reply. No I did not receive any PR approval email. yeah I have no idea why they sent that to me.

Hey Thanks for the reply. No I did not receive any COPR approval email. yeah I have no idea why they sent that to me. Nothing is updated on my application too. Just the document was added. I checked on Canada.ca it says you get the pre-arrival when you are approved.
Stay patient Yash. It will take some time between pre-arrival and PR approval email. But then they send you the pre-arrival it basically means decision is made.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
is there any instance of a refusal under any of the streams ? Mine was sent for a review as per GCMS notes, where it said ' I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that the PA meets the eligibility requirements'. The reviewing officer mentioned ' I am satisfied' and changed the status to 'I am not satisfied' after 20 minutes stating ' the last update was made in error' and sent it for further review. This activity is from January 2022. Then i received an ADR in Dec 2022. I have had three ADR's in all (see my signature). Does the last one mean eligibility was passed? This wait has been frustrating.
Spending time on this forum is fun. LOL

Edit: 2 weeks after the last ADR, status changed to background started. Eligibility is still under review.
Given that GCMS notes indicate that your eligibility was sent for review back in Jan 2022, it's my guess that they've completed their review & that you have 'passed' because I don't think they would have proceeded with the Aug, Oct & Dec ADR's otherwise. I have my PR email & PR Portal but my account still says they're reviewing my eligibility and background. Best wishes!

WaiterForEver

Star Member
May 20, 2022
Hey Thanks for the reply. No I did not receive any PR approval email. yeah I have no idea why they sent that to me.

Hey Thanks for the reply. No I did not receive any COPR approval email. yeah I have no idea why they sent that to me. Nothing is updated on my application too. Just the document was added. I checked on Canada.ca it says you get the pre-arrival when you are approved.
Just a note Yash...do you have other PR application going on ? If yes, It might be the other one getting approved. Note the application number and other details.

Unche

Dec 13, 2018
I thought this week was over for me but at last, I got my approval email today. To God be the glory.

Here's my timeline:

Submitted: July 02, 2021
AOR: May 29, 2022 (CPC-Sydney)
Linked: June 01, 2022
Medical: Not required (But changed to passed on June 24, 2022)
ADR1: January 23, 2023 (Pay stub and T4)
ADR2: January 31, 2023 (Schedule A)
Approval email: February 03, 2023

All the best! I know your approval will come soon.

helpneeded_please

Star Member
Jan 23, 2023
Cancelling your representative doesn’t mean that it’s your opportunity to get the money back as well. It just means that you don’t want to be represented by them anymore. The money you paid wasn’t for your representation only. It was mostly for submitting your application on your behalf and sorting all the documents and making sure you didn’t make any mistakes. So you can cancel them as your representative and have the control back so that you can oversee all the updates. For them, a ghost update is not something that needs to be conveyed to you. Ghost update isn’t a formal term in the immigration process. It’s just background processing. “Ghost updates” became popular from people like us who were sharing even the tiniest of details to alleviate our anxiety around the whole process. As you may have seen in this forum, you will see people trying to identify some sort of trend from application numbers, or from where the file currently is (whitehorse, Calgary, Sidney, etc.), or what the officer number is. It’s just how we are sharing information with each other to just have some sort of idea about what’s going on. An immigration consultant will not tell you if your medical passed or if there’s any ghost update. They will only inform if your medical fails, or if your eligibility fails, if there are any documents that are needed, or the final decision. For them, any background processing resulting in ghost updates or if your biometrics get updated or your medical get passed is just normal processing. If you want each and every update, you can cancel them as representatives and just keep an eye by yourself. But that doesn’t mean you can get the money back. It is paid and was paid for submission of your file. Anyway, these consultancies just are a form of convenience. Many people can submit their own applications because all the info is given on website and it’s very easy. But I guess it’s just some form of anxiety around this immigration process so people applyy it through immigration agents who basically do nothing magical but just apply on your behalf. Anyway, if you want all the updates, cancel them as your representative. :)
Honestly, I have been with this consultant for a while for all my documentation. Yes you are correct about them just submitting and double checking our stuff to submit but I did mention it to them that I could've done it through the lawyer but since they did my work since the beginning they said we will get the PR done too for you. I was okay and patient until now when I said at least when you are updating me send me some of the evidence. Yes it is nothing for them but even a smallest update to our application gives us some hope that something is happening you know :(

But I get what you mean. It's just frustration at this point which is boiling me too. Kinda exhausted with the wait.