+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

sharma.a

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
I got a call from CBSA this morning.
He asked me why I choose CBSA notes instead of GCMS. I told him because I saw people order GCMS notes and wait for 2 months.
I guess there are too many people requesting CBSA notes now haha
Well, I don't need to order any notes if IRCC can just process our application :/
Lol, I also received the same a few minutes earlier.

I wish they followed up similarly to give updates on the application.

k05

Jan 17, 2023
Hi guys. I received my ecopr yesterday. I have also applied for WP extension under TR to PR pathway. So, do I need to withdraw the application or will it be refused automatically? Can anyone help regarding this? Thanks.
congratulation, when you submitted your application.

Reactions: Jagnoor102

MSB_1921

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
I am on the same boat, I got AOR and additional documents request from my wife. I sent it on February 2021 and I haven’t here anything since that.
I am sorry because I applied may 6, 2021 and they are working June and July. They leave us behind.

Visa office Whitehorse
Same here. They asked for additional documents in July 2021. And after that the file has been pretty much kept aside. I called IRCC yesterday morning and told the agent about it. She said she flagged the processing officer regarding the file. Hopefully, some good comes out of it and they resume working on the file.
Try calling IRCC, they open at 8am so call them then and you will be put in queue. It can take 20mins to an hour for your call to be transferred to an agent.

Reactions: Eddy17 and CherAmie

Wait1MinorYear

Star Member
May 6, 2022
Lol, I also received the same a few minutes earlier.

I wish they followed up similarly to give updates on the application.
Yeah, I think they just need some info so they can explain why CBSA notes take longer time to receive now.
In contrast, what the MP office assistant did make me appreciate her even more. I asked about my application back in June 2022 and received info in 2 weeks. Then I received updates from the MP office again last week without asking them to follow up.

kartik Sharma234

Jun 19, 2020
Hey Guys,

my work permit is getting expired on October 16th, 2023, and i was totally dependent on TR to PR but i am losing hope everyday. i have 445 points in express entry and as scores are going on right now i cannot rely on that either.

GCMS notes are not helpful and i am not getting any reply for my webforms either. I am thinking of visiting any immigration lawyer to look for any other option available. can you guys suggest me anything at this point that might help? can i apply for wp extension now considering i have 9 months left?

AOR- Jun 1st 2022
ADR- Jun 1st 2022(Ielts certificate)

Yash7145

Feb 28, 2022
Hi guys,

I received pre-arrival services documents today on my TR to PR application. I received my AOR in June 8th, 2022. but still the latest update says medical which was done in July 2022. What does the pre-arrival services letter means? Does it mean I am approved? Please help! Thank you

Yash7145

Feb 28, 2022
@kartik Sharma234
Hey Guys,

my work permit is getting expired on October 16th, 2023, and i was totally dependent on TR to PR but i am losing hope everyday. i have 445 points in express entry and as scores are going on right now i cannot rely on that either.

GCMS notes are not helpful and i am not getting any reply for my webforms either. I am thinking of visiting any immigration lawyer to look for any other option available. can you guys suggest me anything at this point that might help? can i apply for wp extension now considering i have 9 months left?

AOR- Jun 1st 2022
ADR- Jun 1st 2022(Ielts certificate)
See the new temporary policy. You can apply for work permit extension which will be until 2024 and The policy says you can apply within 4 months of your work permit expiring. I honestly don't think you need a lawyer. Just apply the work permit when 4 months is left or 3 and then you will get the work permit until 2024. More info on this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/tr-pr-pathway.html

kartik Sharma234

Jun 19, 2020
@kartik Sharma234

See the new temporary policy. You can apply for work permit extension which will be until 2024 and The policy says you can apply within 4 months of your work permit expiring. I honestly don't think you need a lawyer. Just apply the work permit when 4 months is left or 3 and then you will get the work permit until 2024. More info on this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/tr-pr-pathway.html
thanks Yash!! I greatly appreciate your response. I believe i am more stressed out about what if i get a response before 4 months expiring my work permit and response isn’t positive. Then i will be left with 4 months of work permit and no other option to get a PR.

Reactions: CherAmie

Eddy17

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Same here. They asked for additional documents in July 2021. And after that the file has been pretty much kept aside. I called IRCC yesterday morning and told the agent about it. She said she flagged the processing officer regarding the file. Hopefully, some good comes out of it and they resume working on the file.
Try calling IRCC, they open at 8am so call them then and you will be put in queue. It can take 20mins to an hour for your call to be transferred to an agent.
I did it and at least they update the documents I already sent, just left wait .

Reactions: MSB_1921

SS98x

Jan 12, 2023
I completed my medical assessment today but I am freaking out a bit because they had to report about my depression diagnosis and treatment that took place for 6 months in 2017. I don't want to slow down the process or get flagged but now I am scared. Any one on the same/similar boat?
Also how long does it typically take from day of assessment for IRCC to receive it and then process it? What has been your experience?

Last edited:

SS98x

Jan 12, 2023
I got a call from CBSA this morning.
He asked me why I choose CBSA notes instead of GCMS. I told him because I saw people order GCMS notes and wait for 2 months.
I guess there are too many people requesting CBSA notes now haha
Well, I don't need to order any notes if IRCC can just process our application :/
I submitted a request under CBSA yesterday as well after I saw a few people recommend that way. I have never done that before or even knew about it. I wonder why they are calling?

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I completed my medical assessment today but I am freaking out a bit because they had to report about my depression diagnosis and treatment that took place for 6 months in 2017. I don't want to slow down the process or get flagged but now I am scared. Any one on the same/similar boat?
Also how long does it typically take from day of assessment for IRCC to receive it and then process it? What has been your experience?
Don't worry about your old depression diagnosis. Typically they are only concerned about severe & communicable diseases that cost more to treat than the average Canadian's healthcare costs per year. Sometimes medical is a little backed up but mine was passed last summer in a few weeks. Best wishes!

Last edited:

helpneeded_please

Star Member
Jan 23, 2023
Guys I Just received My Approval mail today at 12:32 PM.
Super Happy!!!
My timeline is:

applied: 22 June 2021 (essential non-health care work)
  • April 7th 2022 (was able to link my application online with my ICU and family name)
  • received a request for documents on the 7th of April as well. (uploaded the documents on the same day)
  • medical also passed: 7th of April.
  • April 12 gave my biometrics and they were updated on my Gckey profile the same day.
  • 12th of may I got an email that they received the documents I uploaded. my eligibility and background check were all under review according to my GC key profile.
  • June 3rd I got an update on the Gckey account and when I checked they had removed my approved medical results and it started to show "you don't need a medical right now" we will let you know if this changes.
  • January 6th 2023 Received Ghost Update.
Applied for GCMS notes on the 9th of January:
Received them on the 31st Jan 2023.
Notes read as follows:
Eligibility: Passed
Security: Empty
Criminality: in Process
Medical Passed/Expired
Info Sharing: Passed/Complete.
  • Medical Passed Again: 1st February 2023.
  • Approval Mail: 02-02-2023
  • replied to the mail.
  • now waiting for Portal email.
I am very Thankful for this page, it Kept me sane throughout the whole process. I would personally like to Thank @maxiie and @CherAmie for all your help and insightful Replies.
I'll be sticking around to update the group until the PR card is received.
I hope everyone one will hear good news in the first half of this year.
Thank you.
Omg I am happy for you! I was kinda hoping for you to get it hehehe

Dev Mandhan

Jan 22, 2023
Finally my race for PR is over.
Got approved on 31jan and got credentials on 1st feb (Etobicoke ON). I applied in 3 July 2021. My file was in Whitehorse. Received AOR on june 1st 2022. Thank you so much Everyone and those who are waiting may God bless you with PR very soon. I am here in this form till last with you guys, i want to see everyone's faces with there PR.