+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Just spoke with our beloved Akeem from IRCC to discuss the "Fuck up" on my OWP extension that was refused, and he claimed it was the payment because I only paid $155?

I told Akeem that I only scored an 8.5 with reading on my IELTS test and the last time I performed an eyes exam was September 2022, but it clearly states:

Step 2: Pay your fees
You’re exempt from paying the open work permit holder fee (CAN$100). Don’t pay this fee.

You must pay the work permit processing fee (CAN$155).

Because you’re exempt from paying one of the fees (open work permit holder fee), you need to pay your fees before you apply online.

Akeem disagreed and mentioned that he will send me a link with all the steps, and he did send me the same-identical steps from the website. When I pointed it out and quoted the lines he hang the phone on me, these guys are a joke :D
Sorry for all the people that keep saying 'Stay positive', but how can you with these clowns?
I only paid $155 as well & got my OWP UNDER TR TO PR TEMPORARY POLICY on Friday. For other people out there who applied under the 'REGULAR' OWP process, YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY $255. [Sometimes we have folks on this thread of the forum who are not actually 'TR to PR Pathway' applicants (2021 program) so I just want to make that clear for their benefit.]

I'm sure you, @ZuluMyke, filled out the forms correctly, so I would immediately correspond back with your explanation as to what went wrong and ask for it to be re-opened. I've had errors made by agents corrected within 3-4 weeks if the explanation makes sense, which it appears yours does.

Again, for the others out there, I've said this many times on this forum, you MUST read the guidelines several times all the way through (they can be confusing) and follow the guidelines specifically written for the 'OWP under TR to PR' when filling out the OWP forms, and only follow the 'regular' OWP guidelines when the 'OWP under TR to PR' guidelines do not instruct you to do something else. Both processes use the same OWP application form BUT the directions given under the 'OWP under TR to PR' ensure the application is re-directed to the right agents/queues/processes, etc. Otherwise, you can end up in the regular OWP line which you might not even be eligible for and the agents might not be knowledgeable about the OWP under TR to PR details.

Last edited:
Reactions: waitingforPR123

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I phoned IRCC this morn. Started at 8am. Got through at 8:25am. On hold til 8:50am.

I had several questions unrelated to PR but I also asked if Security and Criminality had passed yet. The agent advised that Security was complete and Criminality is still in progress but I know it started back in June. I already knew from early November GCMS/CBSA notes that Info Sharing is also complete and Eligibility was passed last August. Of course the only thing showing as passed on my online account is Medical.

Last edited:

k05

Jan 17, 2023
I phoned IRCC this morn. Started at 8am. Got through at 8:25am. On hold til 8:50am.

I had several questions unrelated to PR but I also asked if Security and Criminality had passed yet. The agent advised that Security was complete and Criminality is still in progress. I already knew from early November GCMS/CBSA notes that Info Sharing is also complete and Eligibility was passed last August. Of course the only thing showing as passed on my account is Medical.
I submitted my application on June 7,2021 and Received approval letter today. I guess soon you will also get your approval by this week. All the very best.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
yea I guess, we don't really matter to them, but at least I've seen some people in the Facebook group who were able to get updates on their applications, so they might be good for something. o_O
There was also this one person who contacted their MP and they/them said that the ATIP requests that we put in also slows down the progression of our application. This was posted in the Facebook group.
does anyone know if this is True or Not?
because I've applied Three time already......
Not True -- ATIPs are processed by a different group of people.

Eddy17

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
I submitted my application on June 7,2021 and Received approval letter today. I guess soon you will also get your approval by this week. All the very best.
I am so happy you get it, my is on the same as yours was before “ processing “ and even ig doesn’t change the status you can get your pr confirmation, I am praying God all we get it soon.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
hello, I went to see local MP office to see if someone can help me with my application and here are some things I came to know about.
Ircc is most likely to prioritise Express entry applications over TR to PR application. procession time for express entry is right now 1 year but can be lower in future but no definite answer on TR to PR processing times as there is no standard processing time for TR to PR. applying GCms notes again and again will slow down process of application as it takes processing officer away from his/her time to provide notes to us. better to have backup ready. congratulations to those who have received updates on their application but including myself who haven't received approval, apply under express entry too
Perhaps in the past it used to slow down the processing but:
  • Since June 2021, the GCMS notes have been abbreviated to speed up IRCC’s review of information that can be released (and does not need to be redacted first). This was also done to recognize that applicants have very poor visibility of progress through their IRCC account and are thus requesting notes more frequently, which then bogs down IRCC even more. Most of the relevant information is in a shorter version but you can specify that you want the longer version which will take longer to process/redact and, depending on the details of your application, could be up to 300 pages for really complex files. From what I’ve read, I don’t recommend the longer version unless you are in a legal battle with IRCC, perhaps over a refusal. More details here: https://www.getgcms.com/blog/new-format-of-the-gcms-notes/.
I got my notes through an ATIP request through CBSA. CBSA tends to be a faster route and provides similar info. Requested Oct 25; received Nov 17.

Last edited:
Reactions: waitingforPR123

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hey Everyone, Good Day
First time writing but I have been following this forum for a long time. My friend applied under the TR to PR pathway in July 2021. Recently she got a update asking for PCC from Kuwait. They have given her till March 15,2023 to Submit the PCC. But she applied for the PCC through the Embassy here in Ottawa and they said it will take 8 weeks.
What happens if I don’t get the PCC on time?
Also before she did submit the PCC from India when the asked. I don’t understand why they asking her this PCC now under additional documents.
please advice how should I move with her application considering so far she only passed medical.
thanks
Requests for additional documents can come at any time but I agree that it would have made more sense to ask for both PCC's at the same time.

Regarding your worry about getting the Kuwait PCC by the March 15 due date, you can notify IRCC that an extension may be (or is) required and provide a copy of the Embassy's receipt of the PCC order &/or correspondence (if any) that it could take up to 8 weeks.

Sam2221

Aug 22, 2022
Hello,
My application has passed all the assessments and everything in nov but I haven’t received approval yet , i saw so many approvals those who passed everything in January and here i am waiting from 2 months , is this normal , or anything to worry about in my case.

please help , i am so frustrated and tired from waiting !!!

k05

Jan 17, 2023
Hello,
My application has passed all the assessments and everything in nov but I haven’t received approval yet , i saw so many approvals those who passed everything in January and here i am waiting from 2 months , is this normal , or anything to worry about in my case.

please help , i am so frustrated and tired from waiting !!!
what i noticed from December last week , they are working on June first week applications and so on. please have patience you will get your PR soon.

Reactions: maxiie and CherAmie

User740

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
Here is my timeline

Application submitted: 6 May 2021 - 9:30 est
IG - English stream
BIL - 3 March 2022
Document request - 5 March 2022 (linked my account)
AOR - 7 March 2022 (Whitehorse office)
Medical request - 30 May 2022
Medical passed - 10 june 2022
Everything passed on 14 june 2022
File status changed to hold in july 2022
File status changed to open and in progress dec 2022
Explanation letter request - 13 Jan 2023
Approval email - 23 Jan 2023 (Calgary office)

I had few ghost updates during the processing time. I regularly called and applied notes few times. Thats how I got updates for my application.