+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hi,people who are waiting like me.
Can I change my job now? AOR received in Jul 2022.
Do I need to send any documents to IRCC?
Do I still need to find a new job that's Non-healthcare essential occupations?

Thanks in advance.
You can change jobs in line with your current work permit (or last work permit under ‘maintained ‘status). You needed to be employed in that job on the day you applied for TR2PR but you can change jobs anytime after your application was submitted. You do not need to notify IRCC of your job change & you do not need to stay in the same NOC job classification or non-healthcare jobs.

korn

May 5, 2020
Hi, i hope u can give advice. I'm bothered bec. Ircc is asking me a letter of employment of my previous employer, unfortunately this employer will not provide me the letter. I reach out with my previous employer by texting him. And asked him for a letter. What he replyd is "SORRY NO."
What should I do? I'm applying for my pr. This is the only documents left that i need to submit to ircc. Pls advice.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hi, i hope u can give advice. I'm bothered bec. Ircc is asking me a letter of employment of my previous employer, unfortunately this employer will not provide me the letter. I reach out with my previous employer by texting him. And asked him for a letter. What he replyd is "SORRY NO."
What should I do? I'm applying for my pr. This is the only documents left that i need to submit to ircc. Pls advice.
I don't know what you have or have not already submitted so hopefully you have already provided your relevant Pay Stubs and T4's from that job and if not, collect them for submission or re-submission. The purpose of the Employment Letter is to have your employer confirm that you were employed with them (at least up to and on the day you applied) and that your position and job duties qualified under the NOC job classification you applied under.

I would do the following:
1. Keep a screen print of your request for the letter and his negative response. It is proof of your first denied request from that employer.
2. If this person was just your manager and there are others in the organization you can go to, like Human Resources or PayRoll or his boss, request the Letter again from him or the others. Include a polite explanation of what he/she or HR/Payroll needs to include in the letter and that it is very important for your PR and IRCC is specifically requesting the info. (You could include a copy or portion of IRCC's request to you.) Provide a date by which you need the letter. If he/HR again says no, keep a copy of the email reply to submit with your other documents. It will show that you have made more than one attempt to get that letter from your previous employer. Include the contact info (phone, address, email, name, title) for that employer, should IRCC wish to follow up with them directly (I really don't know if they will, but it can't hurt).
3. If you have any of the following, gather them to include with your Letter of Explanation stating that although you have made several attempts for the employment letter (you can also refer to and/or provide proof of earlier attempts you made to get an Employment Letter back when you were originally applying for TR2PR), your previous employer has refused to provide it, and you offer the following attachments as the best supporting evidence you can provide without his/their co-operation (in addition to the earlier Pay Stubs & T4's provided with you application).
  • ROE's from that employer (Record of Employment). They are legally required to submit one to the government within 5 days of you leaving the company and if they did not provide you with one, you should be able to request it for free at a Service Canada office with valid ID and SIN number. They should print it for you right at the Service Canada location. (If you already have submitted Pay Stubs & T4's, the ROE may not be required.)
  • Do you have a copy of the original job offer letter or email stating your job position/title and at least some duties? Or a job description detailing your duties in that role? Perhaps you have a copy of the hiring ad or job description from when they posted a hiring ad for your job? Perhaps they have a current hiring ad or job description posted on their website for the same position/title you used to have? Do you know anyone who still works there who could get you a job description? In the absence of any of these, do you have any letter or email from them where they even slightly mention your title/role/job duties? Maybe you have some emails where you are given some instructions relevant to your job duties? Does the company have a website or webpage describing what they and their employees do? Depending on what you find there, perhaps it would at least generally support your role.
Submit what you can collect in an organized way with a Letter of Explanation that your previous employer was uncooperative and that you have made your best effort to provide IRCC with what they need to process your application. Make it easy for them to understand what you are submitting. Best wishes.

(I am not an expert in this area so you may also wish to discuss this with a lawyer/consultant who has dealt with this but these are the best substitutes I can think of without having the ability to legally compel the employer to provide an employment letter. You will have shown your 'best effort' to provide IRCC with what they are asking for.)

Last edited:

aboelsheem

Star Member
Jan 10, 2022
I don't know what you have or have not already submitted so hopefully you have already provided your relevant Pay Stubs and T4's from that job and if not, collect them for submission or re-submission. The purpose of the Employment Letter is to have your employer confirm that you were employed with them (at least up to and on the day you applied) and that your position and job duties qualified under the NOC job classification you applied under.

I would do the following:
1. Keep a screen print of your request for the letter and his negative response. It is proof of your first denied request from that employer.
2. If this person was just your manager and there are others in the organization you can go to, like Human Resources or PayRoll or his boss, request the Letter again from him or the others. Include a polite explanation of what he/she or HR/Payroll needs to include in the letter and that it is very important for your PR and IRCC is specifically requesting the info. (You could include a copy or portion of IRCC's request to you.) Provide a date by which you need the letter. If he/HR again says no, keep a copy of the email reply to submit with your other documents. It will show that you have made more than one attempt to get that letter from your previous employer. Include the contact info (phone, address, email, name, title) for that employer, should IRCC wish to follow up with them directly (I really don't know if they will, but it can't hurt).
3. If you have any of the following, gather them to include with your Letter of Explanation stating that although you have made several attempts for the employment letter (you can also refer to and/or provide proof of earlier attempts you made to get an Employment Letter back when you were originally applying for TR2PR), your previous employer has refused to provide it, and you offer the following attachments as the best supporting evidence you can provide without his/their co-operation (in addition to the earlier Pay Stubs & T4's provided with you application).
  • ROE's from that employer (Record of Employment). They are legally required to submit one to the government within 5 days of you leaving the company and if they did not provide you with one, you should be able to request it for free at a Service Canada office with valid ID and SIN number. They should print it for you right at the Service Canada location. (If you already have submitted Pay Stubs & T4's, the ROE may not be required.)
  • Do you have a copy of the original job offer letter or email stating your job position/title and at least some duties? Or a job description detailing your duties in that role? Perhaps you have a copy of the hiring ad or job description from when they posted a hiring ad for your job? Perhaps they have a current hiring ad or job description posted on their website for the same position/title you used to have? Do you know anyone who still works there who could get you a job description? In the absence of any of these, do you have any letter or email from them where they even slightly mention your title/role/job duties? Maybe you have some emails where you are given some instructions relevant to your job duties? Does the company have a website or webpage describing what they and their employees do? Depending on what you find there, perhaps it would at least generally support your role.
Submit what you can collect in an organized way with a Letter of Explanation that your previous employer was uncooperative and that you have made your best effort to provide IRCC with what they need to process your application. Make it easy for them to understand what you are submitting. Best wishes.

(I am not an expert in this area so you may also wish to discuss this with a lawyer/consultant who has dealt with this but these are the best substitutes I can think of without having the ability to legally compel the employer to provide an employment letter. You will have shown your 'best effort' to provide IRCC with what they are asking for.)
i am in the same boat. I will let everyone know jf i hear back on eligibilty... so far Linked but nothing yet started/requested

Reactions: CherAmie

rajveer1061

May 2, 2022
Hello, I received my AOR on June 23rd 2022 under essential stream B. No updates after that. So now I am going to get married next month. So my question is should I inform IRCC about my marital status? If yes, how can I add my spouse in file and how is it gonna effect my processing time?

Feb 14, 2016
Yes, you must inform IRCC by submitting a web form and attach your Marriage certificate along with your request.

Hello, I received my AOR on June 23rd 2022 under essential stream B. No updates after that. So now I am going to get married next month. So my question is should I inform IRCC about my marital status? If yes, how can I add my spouse in file and how is it gonna effect my processing time?

Reactions: CherAmie

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
In addition to what @harkunwar_Singh said above, this if from IRCC's website:
Change other information
You must use our Web form to tell us about changes to your situation, even if you applied online.
Examples of changes include
  • marriage or divorce
  • birth or adoption of a child
  • death of an applicant or dependant
  • contact information updates, including:
    • email
    • phone number
This will most likely lengthen your processing time, however, it is required that you let them know about your marriage. Some spousal additions have been quick while others have taken longer. To speed things up a bit, you can start gathering & preparing your future spouse's information now after reviewing the TR to PR guidelines for required spousal forms, and after your webform submission that you are now married & want to add your spouse, watch your email & account for ADR's (document requests), Biometrics, Medical, etc.

I would try to be optimistic that IRCC is going to try to 'finish' the 2021 TR to PR applicantions & program as a priority in 2023, especially because of the many unexpected delays the program has experienced. Congratulations on your engagement! Best wishes! :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: harkunwar_Singh

kagawa

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Does anyone know what is the next item need to pass for my TR2PR application after I pass medical
My Timeline
TR2PR IG
Submitted on May 6, 10 pm, 2021
AOR January 27, 2022
Biometrics January 27, 2022
Additional Document Required March 21, 2022, submitted March 22
Medical Pass November 25, 2022

I ordered GCMS notes on October 2, 2022, and only get the temporary number for the request, and the Notes is also not received yet

Could someone help me to analysis about which should I do for this situation?
I haven't received my GCMS notes. I applied about a month ago

Reactions: aboelsheem

agrewal98

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
HE CANNOT DENY YOU THIS. TAKE THE MOTHEREFFER TO COURT. SEND HIM A TEXT THAT HE CAN'T DENY YOU A PROOF OF EMPLOYMENT IF HE WAS YOUR EMPLOYER. HE DEFINITELY DOING SOMETHING SHADY AND DOES NOT WANT TO GET FLAGGED. I'D DRAG HIM IN COURTS SO THAT HE DOESN'T EXPLOIT OTHERS. ALL EMPLOYERS KNOW THIS. EVEN IF HE IS A MANAGER, HE CAN'T DENY YOU THAT. YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO ASK THEM AGAIN AND AGAIN BECAUSE IT IS WRITTEN LAW. IRCC WON'T BOTHER TO FOLLOW-UP THEMSELVES IF THE EMPLOYER IS DENYING. THIS IS A LEGAL MATTER. WHO IS THIS SHODDY EMPLOYER?

Reactions: maxiie

agrewal98

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
OK, I saw way too many people saying that their employer refused employment letter. They then submitted whatever they could and are waiting for IRCC to deal with employers. The problem is that it is not IRCCs jurisdiction to follow-up with employers who refuse employment letter. That is illegal. No one can deny you employment letter if you worked there (legally). Only reason could be if you were employed on cash...This tactic is used by employers so that they don't have to pay taxes. But it is only possible if you agreed to get paid in cash. It is not illegal to work on cash as long as you pay taxes by yourself and your employer does it too. If the employer is doing something shady and not disclosing your worked hours or your pay and playing with numbers on T4, then they are shody. Please check your paystubs and T4. Employers won't deny employment letters unless they or you as an employee were doing something illegal.

sandwichmaker

May 6, 2020
Hey guys long time no see.
Nope, I have still not gotten my PR.

I just grabbed a news article saying that thousands of PR applications were (and still are) assigned to inactive officers. This might be the reason why we are waiting for so long??

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ircc-immigration-officer-container-placeholder-code-inactive-list-1.6669571

It's totally unbelievable that my TR2PR application is still being 'processed', after more than one and a half year of silence only my medical has passed.

Congrats for fellas who already got their PRs. And my deepest sympathy to all of those people who are waiting for theirs.