+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Hi Amir, i am just curious to know what are forms (imm from number) you summited to add spouse and what forms you resubmitted Bcz of status change..

thank you.
Hello,
First, I submitted my marriage certificate with a web form and notified the IRCC about the change in marital status.
Then, I received a request letter in my account to provide a list of documents as mentioned in Q12 of this document.

dav1112542

Star Member
Feb 11, 2022
Guys,
My common-law partner received PR a few months back via CEC program, but we didn't include me on the profile at that time as I was in Tr to Pr and believed I also could receive PR soon. But, now things changed and thinking to apply for a spousal sponsorship as the IRCC website says it will take up to 14 months which is quite slow but could be better than waiting for fxcking tr to pr.
It wouldn't be a problem for me if I didn't buy a condo, but I purchased a pre-sale condo last year and the completion date will be this Dec, which means I will need to pay 20% of foreign buyer tax. I will pay it, but I must have a PR status to get a refund of the tax. In order to get a refund, I heard I should have PR within 1 year after the ownership of the condo
So, is there anyone had an experience like mine? or anyone knows if I can apply to both programs, tr2pr, and spousal sponsorship?
Any thoughts about this?

Last edited:
Reactions: T0pubo

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Guys,
My common-law partner received PR a few months back via CEC program, but we didn't include me on the profile at that time as I was in Tr to Pr and believed I also could receive PR soon. But, now things changed and thinking to apply for a spousal sponsorship as the IRCC website says it will take up to 14 months which is quite slow but could be better than waiting for fxcking tr to pr.
It wouldn't be a problem for me if I didn't buy a condo, but I purchased a pre-sale condo last year and the completion date will be this Dec, which means I will need to pay 20% of foreign buyer tax. I will pay it, but I must have a PR status to get a refund of the tax. In order to get a refund, I heard I should have PR within 1 year after the ownership of the condo
So, is there anyone had an experience like mine? or anyone knows if I can apply to both programs, tr2pr, and spousal sponsorship?
Any thoughts about this?
It is important to mention common-law partner (CLP) or spouse in PR application. It's not possible to ignore that because of longer processing time. If the officer finds out about this in either the current or future applications, it can be considered as misrepresentation and can result in inadmissibility of the spouse or CLP.
when you apply for PR and you have a partner you need to mention either the marriage date or the date that the CLP is applicable and if this date is before the PR approval of the partner, it can be a problem.

Anyway, coming back to your question, you can have two PR applications at the same time (spousal sponsorship and TR2PR).

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
is it just me or do we all kinda get a little disappointed every time we open our gckey accounts???????????
I remember the days that I checked the online account more than 10 times a day and it was so disappointing to see nothing has been changed.
I hear what you mean...

dav1112542

Star Member
Feb 11, 2022
It is important to mention common-law partner (CLP) or spouse in PR application. It's not possible to ignore that because of longer processing time. If the officer finds out about this in either the current or future applications, it can be considered as misrepresentation and can result in inadmissibility of the spouse or CLP.
when you apply for PR and you have a partner you need to mention either the marriage date or the date that the CLP is applicable and if this date is before the PR approval of the partner, it can be a problem.

Anyway, coming back to your question, you can have two PR applications at the same time (spousal sponsorship and TR2PR).
Thanks for replying

So, what do you think of getting a spousal sponsorship program? I know no one has an answer, but just wondering about your thought. Would it be faster than tr2pr?

Of course, we informed to Gov by adding each other on my partner's CEC application and my tr2tp application with the legal document proving we are on common law when we applied each of our pr application, but did confirm that we do not need to add partners on our profiles.

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Thanks for replying

So, what do you think of getting a spousal sponsorship program? I know no one has an answer, but just wondering about your thought. Would it be faster than tr2pr?

Of course, we informed to Gov by adding each other on my partner's CEC application and my tr2tp application with the legal document proving we are on common law when we applied each of our pr application, but did confirm that we do not need to add partners on our profiles.
Np. In my opinion, spousal sponsorship in your case will be slower that the already applied TR2PR. Also, note that you need to pay the processing fee if you want to apply under a new program which cannot be refunded if the processing starts.

Last edited:

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
EE 496, almost 5k ppl got invitation. & here rinsing my ass since 15 months for a decision.
If half of the people who got the invitation have a spouse:
[ 2,500 (ppl) x $1,365 (processing fee + RPRF) ] + [ 5,000 (ppl) x $1,365 (processing fee + RPRF) ] = $10,237,500

Not a bad trade for the government. Of course, there are still many on the waiting list...

Feb 14, 2016
Hi, i am in the process of adding my Spouse to my current TR to PR application. Can you help me out in, what are forms and documents need to be summited. I applied for PCC for my spouse in India and waiting for it..
it will helpful to me if you give information on it.
thank you.
Hi,
You need to update your Marital status change to IRCC via Webform with your marriage certificate attached.
Once they acknowledge your submitted Webform, they will send your marriage certificate to your respective visa officer.
The Visa officer will then add that document to your profile and will send ADR asking for all the required updated IMM forms and Proof of Relationship.
You will be given 30 days to upload all the requested docs.

ABTPG

Star Member
May 25, 2017
You could do it, nothing wrong in having two applications, as there is no timeline for tr pr. It may be faster. When did u submit the application for tr pr?. What stream?. They are still rinsing May 6 applications.

Thanks for replying

toya2424

Sep 17, 2022
NEED HELP
I submit for tr to pr last August got AOR in December Family members did biometrics and medical in December of 2021 I have not heard from IRCC since then, my profile was update 2 months back saying that additional documents are needed but no emails to say what documents, called, was told that I would get an email for additional documents none so far, my permit expires this month end and I can’t hear about the extension or the PR application any suggestions?

Reactions: Eddy17