+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
@Harkiran1997

Can you point the section of the criminal code where it says it is illegal to mail a work permit outside Canada? Here, I will link the criminal code for your convenience: https://www.laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/index.html

If a government agency (IRCC, CRA etc.) says something is illegal, they have to derive power from the laws made by parliament, they can not just arbitrarily make something legal or illegal. If they do, these rules can be refuted in the court.
It may or may not technically be 'illegal' to have someone else mail it to you out-of-country (I'll let others sift through the laws) but you are taking a whole bunch of unnecessary risk if you do and I don't understand why. However, we know for certain that "It’s against the law to give false or misleading information in your application".

Generally, the rule or policy about not mailing outside of Canada is designed to make the process more secure (for Canadians, IRCC & applicants) and protect against all kinds of the complications associated with verifying identity for security purposes, lost mail or claims of lost mail, mail theft in foreign country, a whole raft of fraud against against the Canadian immigration system and fraud/scams against applicants themselves (for example, pay me and I'll mail you your permit, etc.) and the ability to check identity and have at least some confidence that these documents are going to the right person. This is why work permits are mailed to your Canadian address (you've already been verified at a port of entry so there has been at least one check that you are who you say you are), or if you are outside of Canada, they are issued by the CBSA at port of entry who will first verify your identity. This goes for PR cards too -- "We don’t send PR cards to non-Canadian addresses and we don’t allow third parties to get them for you."

Someone in Canada could mail you your work permit but why? "Your permit (study or work) is not a visa and doesn't allow you to travel back to Canada." A work permit alone doesn't allow you to re-enter the country so why can't it just wait for you in Canada at your home? Why would you take the risk of having someone mail it to you and losing it in the mail? Best wishes! :cool:

Reactions: T0pubo and maxiie

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
It may or may not technically be 'illegal' to have someone else mail it to you out-of-country (I'll let others sift through the laws) but you are taking a whole bunch of unnecessary risk if you do and I don't understand why. However, we know for certain that "It’s against the law to give false or misleading information in your application".

Generally, the rule or policy about not mailing outside of Canada is designed to make the process more secure (for Canadians, IRCC & applicants) and protect against all kinds of the complications associated with verifying identity for security purposes, lost mail or claims of lost mail, mail theft in foreign country, a whole raft of fraud against against the Canadian immigration system and fraud/scams against applicants themselves (for example, pay me and I'll mail you your permit, etc.) and the ability to check identity and have at least some confidence that these documents are going to the right person. This is why work permits are mailed to your Canadian address (you've already been verified at a port of entry so there has been at least one check that you are who you say you are), or if you are outside of Canada, they are issued by the CBSA at port of entry who will first verify your identity. This goes for PR cards too -- "We don’t send PR cards to non-Canadian addresses and we don’t allow third parties to get them for you."

Someone in Canada could mail you your work permit but why? "Your permit (study or work) is not a visa and doesn't allow you to travel back to Canada." A work permit alone doesn't allow you to re-enter the country so why can't it just wait for you in Canada at your home? Why would you take the risk of having someone mail it to you and losing it in the mail? Best wishes! :cool:
Risk and illegal are two separate things.

Reactions: CherAmie

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
@Harkiran1997

Can you point the section of the criminal code where it says it is illegal to mail a work permit outside Canada? Here, I will link the criminal code for your convenience: https://www.laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/index.html

If a government agency (IRCC, CRA etc.) says something is illegal, they have to derive power from the laws made by parliament, they can not just arbitrarily make something legal or illegal. If they do, these rules can be refuted in the court.
The link just has the index of all the laws nothing what you pointed below. It is illegal. Go ahead play with fire for as much as I care. There have been people whose even citizenship have been revoked for fraudulent activities.

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
The link just has the index of all the laws nothing what you pointed below. It is illegal. Go ahead play with fire for as much as I care. There have been people whose even citizenship have been revoked for fraudulent activities.
No need to say something is illegal if you don't have facts to back it up. Simple. Not discussing any further.

I already got my PR in 2021. I am only here to help.

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
No need to say something is illegal if you don't have facts to back it up. Simple. Not discussing any further.

I already got my PR in 2021. I am only here to help.
Yeah I don’t want to discuss it further either. & I don’t have time to look up archives of cases to prove my point to some random stranger on social media who has so much free time that who’s still in this thread/forum around end of 2022 despite getting PR in 2021 itself.

Well now even undocumented workers are getting a PR pathway, just like the illegals crossing borders every other day. So it seems like anything could be legal under this Liberal Govt

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Not everyone reads back on this thread so I'm reposting this as a refresher especially for new & quiet readers:

Dear New/Quiet Viewers!

Although there are still thousands of TR to PR applicants still in process, the number of people reviewing this forum has & will naturally decline over time as people get their PR.

So, I would like to ask/remind readers, before you end your time with us, please share the following before you go:
  1. Your full time-line with any tips on resolving issues you may have had along the way.
  2. If you were rejected, please share why? And, if you were able to re-instate or resolve the rejection, please share how?
Best wishes to all. :cool:

inderpreet_kaur

Jul 4, 2019
Not everyone reads back on this thread so I'm reposting this as a refresher especially for new & quiet readers:

Dear New/Quiet Viewers!

Although there are still thousands of TR to PR applicants still in process, the number of people reviewing this forum has & will naturally decline over time as people get their PR.

So, I would like to ask/remind readers, before you end your time with us, please share the following before you go:
  1. Your full time-line with any tips on resolving issues you may have had along the way.
  2. If you were rejected, please share why? And, if you were able to re-instate or resolve the rejection, please share how?
Applied 9th June 2021 Essential Non-Healthcare

AOR: 22 April
Medical passed on 22 April

GU1 June 15: Medical Changed to "We do not need Medical"
GU2 June 17: Criminality Changed to In Progress (was Passed Before)
GU3 August 4: Eligibility Passed
GU4 August 8: Medical Passed

Eligibility: Passed
Medical: Passed
Criminality : In Progress
Security: Not started

Lily444

Sep 10, 2019

Dear New/Quiet Viewers!

What abt u cher Amie? Hows ur timeline so far?

Reactions: CherAmie