+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Hi everyone
I also got extended work permit approved till December 2024. I am going to India next week for 2 months. I have valid try till 2025 April. Do u guys know if I can travel outside country without actual hard copy of work permit in hand then come back to Canada.
Thank you
You can ask client support agent for this matter to make sure that you can.

But as long as I know, you can leave Canada and come back as long as you have a valid TRV. Work permit is not a travel document.

Since your application is finalized, you can show a copy of your online account page to the border officer as a proof that your application is approved. The only concern with WP when entering Canada is that if your application is not approved, you won't be allowed to work until the decision has been made and it's not the case with you. So, it should be fine.

Harkiran1997

Jun 5, 2021
just try to re-book your flight, get the wp ext hard copy, it might take a couple of weeks but better to take and leave, it's already approved. btw when did you apply?
I never applied got email in august and got email on September 15 that my work permit approved again till December 2024. Do u think I can ask my friends to mail my work permit to India for me when it comes
Thanks

Harkiran1997

Jun 5, 2021

But as long as I know, you can leave Canada and come back as long as you have a valid TRV. Work permit is not a travel document.

Since your application is finalized, you can show a copy of your online account page to the border officer as a proof that your application is approved. The only concern with WP when entering Canada is that if your application is not approved, you won't be allowed to work until the decision has been made and it's not the case with you. So, it should be fine.
Like I called Canada border first guy said as long as it’s approved we have it our system it should be fine. Today I called again and lady as long as u have valid visa u can come back

T0pubo

Dec 11, 2021
St. John's/Montreal
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-11-2021
Doc's Request.
14-03-2022
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
03-11-2021

Someone said they were told to hold their physical work permit in their hands before travelling.

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Someone said they were told to hold their physical work permit in their hands before travelling.
Yeah, I've heard that too. The OP apparently asked a border officer and they've verified it's possible. It may be because of the fact that the application is already approved.

Reactions: T0pubo

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
I never applied got email in august and got email on September 15 that my work permit approved again till December 2024. Do u think I can ask my friends to mail my work permit to India for me when it comes
Thanks
Why you wanna take unnecessary risk. If CBSA/IRCC come to know, which they can easily. It could result in problems with your PR/Citizenship later. It's upto you

Reactions: T0pubo

Alexaaa06

Star Member
Feb 7, 2022
Hello everyone,
I have a question… My file is stuck on Same thing since May. I am expecting my portal since May as mentioned by an agent that it should be done any day now.
Now I don’t know what to do…i am so frustrated that It has started affecting my Personal life.
Should I contact my Local MP and ask him for help? Please suggest me something.

User740

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
Hello everyone,
I have a question… My file is stuck on Same thing since May. I am expecting my portal since May as mentioned by an agent that it should be done any day now.
Now I don’t know what to do…i am so frustrated that It has started affecting my Personal life.
Should I contact my Local MP and ask him for help? Please suggest me something.
Same here. The agent told me since june that I can get email anytime soon. Still waiting. Raised webform yesterday.

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
yes I think it falls under "illegal" category
@Harkiran1997

Can you point the section of the criminal code where it says it is illegal to mail a work permit outside Canada? Here, I will link the criminal code for your convenience: https://www.laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/index.html

If a government agency (IRCC, CRA etc.) says something is illegal, they have to derive power from the laws made by parliament, they can not just arbitrarily make something legal or illegal. If they do, these rules can be refuted in the court.