+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

OGGOLDEN

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
Hi All, I applied for work permit extension under TR to PR policy on May 24, 2022. My work permit expired on June 24, 2022. IRCC gave me temporary extension till Sep 22, 2022. I have not heard anything back for my work permit application or my PR application. There are only 3 weeks left in expiring my temporary work permit extension. Any suggestions what should i do? Can i work past Sep 22, 2022?
I'm wondering why u got an extension till Sep 2022 instead of Dec 2024? Was your current work permit issued based on the policy last year.

Outofthe6ix

Star Member
May 6, 2021
I got my AOR in January and still waiting with no updates. Guess it will be a long time before we hear back anything :(
So I got my police clearance request on Jan 20. But ever since, my application has shown little to no progress. Currently, it looks like:
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • March 7, 2022 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • March 8, 2022 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Basically, my background check and additional document review has been going on for 6 months! But considering others have mentioned that Whitehorse is pretty slow in processing, I don't know what the next stages would look like.

mk19

Jul 8, 2022
I'm wondering why u got an extension till Sep 2022 instead of Dec 2024? Was your current work permit issued based on the policy last year.
This is just a temporary extension letter because my application is still under review. Once they will make decision on my application, I will get official extension till Dec 2024

imb5

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
So I got my police clearance request on Jan 20. But ever since, my application has shown little to no progress. Currently, it looks like:
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • March 7, 2022 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • March 8, 2022 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Basically, my background check and additional document review has been going on for 6 months! But considering others have mentioned that Whitehorse is pretty slow in processing, I don't know what the next stages would look like.
Just a heads up nothing changes on the online account, I have passed everything except Criminality but the online accounts looks exactly the same as the day I linked my application. You might want to call them to get an update:)

WaiterForEver

Star Member
May 20, 2022
Just a heads up nothing changes on the online account, I have passed everything except Criminality but the online accounts looks exactly the same as the day I linked my application. You might want to call them to get an update:)
Hi imb5 ,

Are you sure only criminality left ? It should be security. I am kind of almost sure security should only starts when officer makes sure there are no other grounds for refusal, meaning eligibility, medical and criminality should have concluded.

imb5

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
Hi imb5 ,

Are you sure only criminality left ? It should be security. I am kind of almost sure security should only starts when officer makes sure there are no other grounds for refusal, meaning eligibility, medical and criminality should have concluded.
Yep, they started criminality in December 2021, apparently the issuing authority for PCC didn’t validate the PCC, but I got another ghost update just an hour ago, called IRCC and confirmed criminality also clear! :) Just waiting for the email now ahaha

Geeko

Feb 13, 2017
Just got off the phone with IRCC agent. She told me the file is in progress (Whitehorse), medical is passed, background is in progress, they've not updated the PCC which I sent via webform 6 weeks back and security hasn't even started. Looks like I'll get my PR within next 8-10 months (-_-)

Reactions: Lily444