+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

Mahi1313

Jul 22, 2022
may i know your timeline and stream
Yes. International Graduate Stream, applied on May 6, 2021.
Got AOR Feb 17, 2022, uploaded bunch of documents requested by officer for myself and my husband (outland)
in June 2022 : Eligibility and medicals passed Criminality in progress and security has not yet started

Reactions: maxiie

jacob1234

Aug 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hello Everyone,

I need some advice!

I'm on a post-grad work permit in Canada, I haven't filed my PR application yet, since I'm still waiting for the next TR to PR or Express entry points rounds. I'm planning to get married, and my bf is in India, the actual issue is, that he was inadmissible for 5 years (from 2016 to 2021) for misrepresentation on his own work permit application, and his inadmissibility period ended in 2021. Now I'm confused about whether I should wait to get my PR before we get married and then sponsor him or should I get married first and then add him to my future PR application. Any pros/cons for both these options? What would be the best route for us? Is it easy to get a spousal work permit if you are on a temporary visa (work permit) like in my case if we don't wait until my PR?

Appreciate any input!
1. I'm confused about whether I should wait to get my PR before we get married and then sponsor him or should I get married first and then add him to my future PR application. Any pros/cons for both these options? What would be the best route for us?
1. It will be a lot better and reduce the processing time if you get your PR first. Then do marriage and sponsor your spouse. If you apply to include him in your initial PR application, then it will unnecessarily delay your application as your spouse's background check will take more time.
2. Is it easy to get a spousal work permit if you are on a temporary visa (work permit) like in my case if we don't wait until my PR?
2. If you are doing NOA 0, A and B jobs and have an open work permit, then you can apply for your spouse's work permit. But the approval rates for outland spouse WP are not high. But you can definitely give it shot while you wait to get PR.
Your case is a bit unique and complicated. Instead of going with people's advice or option, I would highly suggest hiring a reputated immigration lawyer (or regulated consultant) to help with your case either if you want to apply for PR alone or including your spouse.

Last edited:

Deepak9723

Feb 17, 2022
I haven.t get any update since april 12 , Applied on 6 june
AOR- 16 FEB
Biometric - 17 Feb
ADR - PCC 17 FEb
Medical - 21 FEb
ADR in review - 12 April

After that no update,,, Anyone who got AOR around this date and been Approved for PR ? Please let me know guys.... I tried to call IRCC but never get succeed.
I just Got one Ghost update. It says on status Profile updated but nthng changed. Is it good sign ?

ricksolomon

Nov 9, 2021
To those who recently got portal request, congratulations.:)

Here is one tip: when you receive the portal login from IRCC (a few days after you reply to the portal request email), remember to type in your temporary password exactly as it is displayed, even with commas, semicolon or symbols. It took me a few head scratches to finally get it right.

If you are interested in my timeline, take a look at my signature.

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
My timeline :- 9 june Essential non healthcare

FEB 17 -AOR ,
FEB 18 - Biometric
Feb 18 - ADR -PCC- submitted on same day
APRIL 12 - we are reviewing additional document
26 July - Ghost update
Congratulations!! Were your medicals always passed since Feb? Or did it change in between to "We do not need medicals".