+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

James19999

May 4, 2022
Another question,
How long does criminality take to process?
I'm still here lol
Applied 6may int grad at 12:40 pm est
Silence....
Aor aug
Adr for ielts and pcc -aug
Silence...
Adr for medical (it was expired)- may
After that silence again
Called ircc they said only one thing left- criminality
How ling does that take??
Its been more than a year now
My criminality is also still in progress. Security and file sharing passed. Hopefully it gets passed within the next week

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hi everyone,
Just wondering is work permit extension open already or not?
thanks
Yes. They do not want you to apply until the 4 months just before your current permit expires or if it has already expired. You must have applied for TR to PR Pathway and show your original confirmation of submission from way back when you first applied, which is useful for applicants whose files have not yet been linked or started processing. This is from IRCC website:
Public policy: Open work permits for applicants under the temporary resident to permanent resident pathway
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
Temporary public policies aiming to transition foreign nationals already living and working in Canada to permanent residence were announced on April 14, 2021 and launched on May 6, 2021.
To support these permanent resident public policies, the Temporary public policy to exempt certain permanent residence applicants from work permit requirements A temporary public policy has been issuedwas signed on July 4. 2021, to provide exemptions from certain requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) to facilitate the issuance of open work permits to eligible individuals in Canada. Eligible family members may also apply for an open work permit.
A new public policy on issuing open work permits was signed on April 21, 2022 to come into effect on June 6, 2022.
The new public policy will:
  • allow the issuance of open work permits with a longer duration (until December 31, 2024) to avoid the need for renewals; and
  • expand the eligibility criteria of the open work permit public policy to include eligible family members abroad to help speed up family reunification.
This replacement public policy will be applied retroactively to pending applications for a work permit made under the initial public policy, as well as all applications received after the date that this public policy takes effect. Refer to Extensions.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Last week Tuesday, My application moved from ‘we will let you know when we start your background check’ to ‘background check is in progress’ but I still have not gotten PPR. I heard some people get it within 24 hours of the background check change. Could there be a problem with my application?
Many people sit in 'background check in progress' for awhile (like me, a month & a half & still waiting) so it may not be a problem.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Called ircc for an update and they advised that I have passed security check but criminality still in progress. How long should this take to get passed? I thought the criminality check was first and then the security after?
Not all application steps are processed in the same order and the length of time spent at each step can vary significantly -- from weeks to months.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Any one suggest what would be next steps

stream b , applied June 30 2021

aor may 30 , linked same day
adr for pcc for both myself and spouse and imm5406
submitted June 3 2022
status says still reviewing Documents provided
no other documents asked , all provided upfront
medical provided upfront , changed from medical passed to we don’t need medical
thoughts?
Next steps for you is patience and checking your emails & account for any new requests. Next steps for IRCC can vary because, depending on your agent & the changing work demands of their office, they can process steps in varying orders & over varying times. But congratulations, you are linked, your application is being processed and, so far, very few applicants have been rejected. I applied to same stream as you on June 9, 2021 -- still waiting.

Reactions: Island Queen 876

jasonpham

May 7, 2021
Hello guys, I just linked my application without an AOR and got required a PCC from my country. It is already expired but I have not ever left since I landed in Canada, so what date should I put in Issue and Expire date sections?

Bp3012

Star Member
Jul 5, 2021
Hello guys, I just linked my application without an AOR and got required a PCC from my country. It is already expired but I have not ever left since I landed in Canada, so what date should I put in Issue and Expire date sections?
U can put 1 yr validity n attach one explanation letter that you didn’t leave canada n if ircc needs he will apply for new pcc on request

Reactions: jasonpham