+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Please someone reply
In addition to what @MMK2022 said, if there is a dedicated place for you to upload the new form, you could combine it with your letter of explanation (into one PDF form, if possible) correcting your earlier mistake about having been rejected for an earlier visitors visa. If you can submit the correction this way, rather than separately through a webform, they may get processed more quickly. Best wishes!

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Not possible. Tr to Pr pathway has got no timeline so there is no case to argue....its not like other programs that hv a timeline.
Although I won't be the one to take this to court because I have received my PR, I believe that there is an argument to be made in a court, if a good lawyer was willing to pursue it, that there is definitely an intended and/or implied service standard for the TR2PR program despite the fact that it is not stated in the TR to PR policy or guidelines. The following is an excerpt from a letter I wrote to CBC:

"Before the pathway opened, it was informally promoted in live presentations made by IRCC staff to immigration firms & representatives as a ‘quick’ pathway to permanent residence, but since then it has retroactively been referred to as a “pathway with no stated service standard so please stop calling us &/or writing us." This is the answer that applicants who have been waiting for almost 2 years get from call centre agents and MPs alike. It's a very poor read-the-fine-print-oh-wait-there-is-none kind of answer. In truth, there is no stated service standard in the policy, however, there is an implied 6-month to 1-year standard in that the ‘TR to PR Pathway’ is considered part of the Economic class, and deep inside IRCC’s website there are performance tables from 2021 that have headings actually stating a 6-month standard. Also, it is counter-intuitive that IRCC would deliberately want to reward essential workers and try to meet their own immediate post-Covid immigration catch-up goals by launching an indefinite/protracted program."

I have raised the above with several agents when I got the 'there is no service standard' answer and their responses have been "um" or "unfortunately that's all we know." Sadly, they are ill-equipped to provide answers beyond what they are told.

Best wishes!

Last edited:

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I am feeling so helpless with all this IRCC drama and delays. Not even a single person is claiming that they got PR from Whitehorse office or any helpful/ useful notification.
For the most part, everyone's initial file starts in Sydney, then is sent to Whitehorse for further processing (with some batch processes & temporary policy updates sent from Ottawa, for example, on the need or not for new Medicals), then is sent to regional PR landing offices like Calgary, Brampton, Vancouver, Montreal, etc. for the final PR steps. (The French streams may be different.). Best wishes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jb24

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hi everyone.

I uploaded my photo on a PR portal, and the case officer kept returning my photo because facial area is too small/too big. I tried to fit my face within two green circles. Do you know how to fix this issue? Thanks.
Hi Joyyy, I don't see an answer yet to your question (or I missed it). Did you provide a digital photo within the pixel guidelines of measurements between 715x1000 and 2000x2800 pixels? If so, IRCC can crop it to the right size at their end so don't try to crop it yourself. A passport photo place took my photo, too, The portal wouldn't take it until I resized it to between the above pixel sizes, then it was accepted. I did not try to re-crop it. I hope that helps!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Joyyy

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
If you want my guess on how long the strike will last, my money is on 1 week max and then it's either resolved or there is back to work legislation so that the government's revenue streams through the CRA/tax are not adversely affected, among other things.

Sorry for a whole slew of responses all at once!! I've been away. Kindest regards to all!

KIKI@KIKI

Star Member
Mar 30, 2023
I talked to my lawyer about going for CEC. He keeps telling me to wait and not apply to any other program. He said IRCC is still processing the files but they are picking up the files in random order. Not sure what to do now :(

Reactions: hopingfortrtopr

KIKI@KIKI

Star Member
Mar 30, 2023
Now today again I applied for GCMS notes. This time I applied through CBSA. Does anyone know how long it will take to get those through CBSA?

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Now today again I applied for GCMS notes. This time I applied through CBSA. Does anyone know how long it will take to get those through CBSA?
Mine took 3 weeks through CBSA back in Oct/Nov 2022, but who knows now with the strike, etc.

Last edited:

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
For those interested in where I get my intended or implied 6 month Service Standard for the TR to PR Pathway, here again is IRCC 2021 review of their internal service standards up to December 2021. If you scroll down to the (red) TR to PR line, you will see an actual performance of 7 months (up to that date) and a Service Standard goal of 6 months. Remember that they only have to process 80% of the applications in that timeframe to be consider 'in' the standard. Also, standards only apply to fully complete applications, not those with requests for additional documentation.

Pasting this here misaligns the headers in the table, so here also is the link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/committees/cimm-feb-15-17-2022/processing-times-line-of-business.html

CIMM – Processing Times by Line of Business – February 15 and 17, 2022
IRCC Overview - December 31, 2021
Permanent Resident
��
12 Month Period ending on Dec 202012 Month Period ending on Dec 2021Service Standard (PR in months, PR Cards in Days)
Application Type/ Immigration Category GroupApplication Type/ Immigration Category Sub-GroupApplication Type/ Immigration CategoryProcessing TimeFootnote 1 (PR in months, PR Cards in Days) Last 12 months
EconomicCanadian Experience ClassCanadian Experience Class (EE)876
Canadian Experience Class (No EE)6427
Caregiver ProgramCaring For Children Program1833
Home Child-Care Provider Pilot723
High Medical Needs Program1734
Home Support Worker724
Interim Pathway Measure1027
Live-in Caregiver Program5769
Federal BusinessFederal Business2238
Federal Skilled WorkersFederal Skilled Workers (C-50)6631
Federal Skilled Workers (EE)13266
Federal Skilled Workers (Pre C-50)--
Ministerial Instruction Economic Programs/Pilot ProgramsAtlantic Immigration Pilots1114
Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot--
Out-of-status construction workers in the GTA-3
Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot-11
Start-up Visa2029
TR to PRTR to PR-76
Provincial/Territorial NomineesProvincial/Territorial Nominees (EE)10216
Provincial/Territorial Nominees (No EE)212411
Quebec BusinessQuebec Business4964
Quebec Skilled WorkersQuebec Skilled Workers262711
Skilled TradesSkilled Trades (EE)16236
Skilled Trades (No EE)-28

Ciao Bella/o! Trying to come up with a new sign-off! ;)

aboelsheem

Star Member
Jan 10, 2022
Hello, I applied my application under tr to pr (non- essential health care) in July 16,2021. received Aor July 28,2022. Got biometrics request in October 2022. But I haven’t heard anything back from immigration since then . And now they are on strike . My work permit is expiring next year June26,2024 and i dont have enough points for CEC or PNP .
Is there anyone going through same situation? I would really appreciate if you guys can suggest what should i do?
should i wait to get any update from tr to pr or should i apply for other immigration programs and consult an immigration lawyer?
I have been calling ircc representatives and they are saying my application is in progress but no changes in my Application since October. They are currently reviewing my eligibility and processing background check.
please let me know what should i do?
same my ogwp expires july 2024

Reactions: CherAmie

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
A reminder that as of Nov 2022, IRCC still planned to complete all remaining TR to PR in 2023. If the strike is short, they should be able to do that. From: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/committees/cimm-nov-29-2022/economic-immigration.html

"In 2021, IRCC created a time-limited Temporary Resident to Permanent Resident Pathway, which targeted recent international graduates and essential workers in areas such a healthcare. Dedicated streams for French-speaking temporary residents were included. Close to 24,000 new permanent residents were admitted through this pathway in 2021 and approximately 37,155 more have been admitted to the end of September 30, 2022 (i.e. 93% of the 40,000 planned admissions for this year). A further 25,000 admissions are planned in 2023."​
Ciao! :cool: