+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

N031

Sep 15, 2020
I was able to link my application to my CIC account today. It has the request letter which states following

Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate.
  • Please ensure that forms/documents are fully completed and signed with a handwritten signature. Scanning your hand-signed document to submit online is acceptable.
  • Documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators
They have asked to upload it via an online account:

I have a couple of questions

1. The request letter is dated 29th June 2021 but when I go to upload additional document it says the police certificate overdue and is required by 29 June 2021 but the letter states we have 30 days

2. Do we required to submit the police certificate for my Stay in Canada as well?

3. Do we need to sign our own signature, I see PCC already have a signature from consular officer?
Hi Pav I got the same email and I am really worried about it. I would really appreciate if you let me know how did you solve this problem?

sumaterra

Feb 14, 2022
Hi Pav I got the same email and I am really worried about it. I would really appreciate if you let me know how did you solve this problem?
What country are you guys from that IRCC is asking for signed police certificates? Are they not electronic?

Mine is from Brazil and I can download it online. I hope they don't ask me to have this signed by the authorities.

juanfeyero

Dec 24, 2021
What country are you guys from that IRCC is asking for signed police certificates? Are they not electronic?

Mine is from Brazil and I can download it online. I hope they don't ask me to have this signed by the authorities.
I have received my AOR and BIL today. I was able to link and I found a document asking for the police certificate. I am from Ecuador. Where are you application been processing?. Mine is Sydney.

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021

The template of the request letter is generic for all types of documents. For PCC you do not need to sign it by hand. It only needs to have the authority signature/stamp.

Faithhh3232

Aug 30, 2018
Hi
I received a TFN (temporary file number) on April 4/22. Every other day I have tried to link my account using each of the various options exactly as was entered on my application, with no success. Based on reviews of this forum and other fora, there does not appear to be a strict linear progression that all IRCC agents follow for all of the processing steps. However, a TFN usually means that IRCC has 'opened' your file but does not signal the start of 'processing' your file. An AOR letter and number is supposed to indicate the actual start of processing your application. In between a TFN and an AOR, your file is being checked for completeness, and it can be a day, weeks, or months before an AOR is received. On the other hand, a few people have gone straight from TFN to PR acceptance without an AOR being communicated to them. Some people have linked without a TFN (but that probably means that behind the scenes a TFN was assigned without them knowing). It would appear that patience is the best at this point. You have a TFN which means that your application has been pulled/opened and is not still in the 'cloud' -- a good sign. There have been several incidents of missing or unreadable documents in some applications and IRCC has requested their resubmission, and have not rejected the application. News available today hints that IRCC is trying to process TR2PR as a priority so they can get back to other programs, like the FSWP, but because they also say in the latest 2022-20223 Budget that 40,000 TR2PR are to be processed in 2022, and another 32,000 TR2PR in 2023, it is possible that many of us will be 'processed' through 2022 but not receive PR status until sometime in 2023 (hopefully, early 2023!!). I suggest continuing to trying to link every few days for at least a few weeks before escalating to IRCC through a webform, an MP or requests for your file notes. There isn't much anyone at IRCC will be able to tell you if you are still in just the TFN stage.
I am so grateful for this very detailed response. Thank you so much.

It is great news that they are now trying to clear the tr 2 pr backlog. We will definitely also move straight from TFN to PR and I will get our PR this year by God's grace.

Thank you once again.

Reactions: ghost75 and Ginnn

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
I have received my AOR and BIL today. I was able to link and I found a document asking for the police certificate. I am from Ecuador. Where are you application been processing?. Mine is Sydney.
All applications will go through the centralized intake office (CIO-Sydney) for completeness check, eligibility, criminality, and medical review.

cheeku1210

Apr 16, 2019
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected by COVID-19. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

In addition, our processing times page has recently been updated. Please ensure to consult the page for the most up to date information about your application.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

In conclusion, since our agents do not have access to more information about your case status or processing time, we invite you to verify the status of your application online.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

I receive this email from ircc when i send a webform for my tr to pr application. any idea?

cheeku1210

Apr 16, 2019
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected by COVID-19. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

In addition, our processing times page has recently been updated. Please ensure to consult the page for the most up to date information about your application.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

In conclusion, since our agents do not have access to more information about your case status or processing time, we invite you to verify the status of your application online.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

I receive this email from ircc when i send a webform for my tr to pr application. any idea?
I Receive this email from ircc for the webform that i send last month to inquire about my TR TO PR application . As i did not hear anything from since applied. Any idea what is going with my file .

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
I Receive this email from ircc for the webform that i send last month to inquire about my TR TO PR application . As i did not hear anything from since applied. Any idea what is going with my file .
You cannot get detailed status update from the webform. You either need to apply for GCMS notes or contact your local MP for an status update.

cheeku1210

Apr 16, 2019
You cannot get detailed status update from the webform. You either need to apply for GCMS notes or contact your local MP for an status update.
As i just receive my TFN few days back and today i receive this email. what would you suggest me to do , Wait or local mp ?

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
As i just receive my TFN few days back and today i receive this email. what would you suggest me to do , Wait or local mp ?
If you haven't got your AOR or you cannot link your application to your online account yet, I recommend you wait until it's become available. Then, after a few weeks you can request for an status update.

cheeku1210

Apr 16, 2019
If you haven't got your AOR or you cannot link your application to your online account yet, I recommend you wait until it's become available. Then, after a few weeks you can request for an status update.
Thank you for the infor, lets wait and hope for the best