+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021 Reconsideration Requests

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
I wish we are lucky to be reconsidered too... its so hard to wait
what i know that he received the confirmation after 2 weeks of webform and his request was accepted for reconsideration and then within 2 days its approved for PPR. but this is one case in thousand so dont expect that unless really really strong case

Reactions: abdullah23

Aubrey042878

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
what i know that he received the confirmation after 2 weeks of webform and his request was accepted for reconsideration and then within 2 days its approved for PPR. but this is one case in thousand so dont expect that unless really really strong case
Oh thats quite fast. I have been waiting since March

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Why did you send webform for reconsideration? Is there proof that the VO made a mistake in your application? There is no obligation on IRCC's part to reconsider your application. You should rather have reapplied or pursue a judicial review if you so desire.
Hey
I got visa refusal and I raised webform. After one week I got this reply “your file has been sent immigration officer” and after that email I have received nothing. It’s been 55days and I’ve also sent them a reminder. Is this normal due to covid? Should I wait more?
Your reconsideration request is refused, you will see the outcome in the GCMS notes.
Make a new application. If you have been refused, your application is already closed.
It's not an irreversible decision, they can reopen applications at any point in time.
People should not wait after 15 days
Better to reapply
Totally agree, one should not wait after 15 days.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021

Ale1234

Aug 25, 2021
Hello
My study permit was refused in september 27, I sent a reconsideration request a month later and it went back from refused to submitted like 3 days after. A week or so later I got my biometric validity letter again and next day I got my ppr. Dont listen to people that insist on you not trying, if i didnt try i would have to apply again and wait for several months, when this whole process only lasted for some weeks

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
Hello
My study permit was refused in september 27, I sent a reconsideration request a month later and it went back from refused to submitted like 3 days after. A week or so later I got my biometric validity letter again and next day I got my ppr. Dont listen to people that insist on you not trying, if i didnt try i would have to apply again and wait for several months, when this whole process only lasted for some weeks
I agree but dear its one in 1000. And its really matter of luck and really strong case

Reactions: wonderbly

Fhbas

Nov 3, 2021
Hello
Could you please elaborate what is the rrason of the refusal and what did you do to make them reconsider your application?
TIA

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
And how did you come up with this 1 in 1,000 chance? any statistics to back this claim? if not then let people give it a shot.
I am not talking about one in thousand nor about statics. Its like a matter of luck only of refusal chance into ppr. I seen many people on forum they requested for review but even didnt get reply from IRCC

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
I am not talking about one in thousand nor about statics. Its like a matter of luck only of refusal chance into ppr. I seen many people on forum they requested for review but even didnt get reply from IRCC
The same goes for an application and reapplication, people get refused all the time. All we can do is try and stay positive.

Reactions: abdullah23

sohailirfan

Jun 12, 2016
Today Ive got this

Refused as follows:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. (BROTHER LIVES IN CANADA CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT)

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
(APPLYING STUDY DONT THEY KNOW THE PURPOSE?)

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation. (EARNING 50k CAD past 6 months - yet they treat like s*** to self employed ppl or freelancers)

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence. (NEVER EMPLOYED LOCALLY OR EVER WANT TO - CAN NEVER MAKE SIMILAR EARNINGS WHEN EMPLOYEED in PAKISTAN)

How should I initiate a reconsideration request? via email or webform?

Reactions: trendyx

sohailirfan

Jun 12, 2016
Hello
What were your rejection points and how you replied under reconsideration? Ive got a refusal today

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Today Ive got this

Refused as follows:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. (BROTHER LIVES IN CANADA CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT)

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
(APPLYING STUDY DONT THEY KNOW THE PURPOSE?)

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation. (EARNING 50k CAD past 6 months - yet they treat like s*** to self employed ppl or freelancers)

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence. (NEVER EMPLOYED LOCALLY OR EVER WANT TO - CAN NEVER MAKE SIMILAR EARNINGS WHEN EMPLOYEED in PAKISTAN)

How should I initiate a reconsideration request? via email or webform?
what is the program you applied to. Order GCMS notes because purpose of visit can mean many things. It can mean lack of travel history. It can mean funds. Or VOs don’t believe you are a genuine student and will not return to Pakistan. Do you live in Pakistan because you need to show how the program will lead to career advancement and higher wages in Pakistan.