+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021-Parents sponsorship application - need help

ezz1981

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
Hi All,

I received the invitation letter last year and submitted the application online. Today, I got an email from CIC saying the following is missing:

"IMM 0008: The Principal Applicant and all applicable dependents (including your spouse), whether accompanying or not, must be listed on the IMM0008. One or more of
your dependents is not listed on the IMM0008. Please provide a newly completed IMM0008 listing the Principal Applicant and all dependents (including your spouse),
whether accompanying or not. If you require additional space to declare dependents please use the IMM0008DEP form.

IMM 5406 (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) provided was not completed fully. Please provide a current, completed, signed and
dated Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must
sign their own copy of this form by hand.

Birth Certificate/Proof of Relationship to Principal Applicant: The birth certificate provided for the Sponsor does not meet the requirements for processing. Please provide
a photocopy of the Sponsor’s original birth certificate. If the birth certificate is not in English or French, a notarized (certified) translation in either English or French with a
copy of the original version must be provided."

Two questions:

- I had completed the IMM0008 but I am not 100% sure what it is they are asking. "one or more of your dependents is not listed on the IMM0008" do I have to list my brothers and sisters that are married and 30+ years old??? Beside that I don't really know what they mean by missing dependents... beside my father and mother, there is no other dependent unless I need to list my brothers and sisters.

- For the original birth certificate, I had already provided the translation of my birth certificate (but not copy the original). My birth certificate was translated back in 2006. Is that OK? or do I need to have it translated again?

Thanks for your help in advance.

next_next

Jan 18, 2021
Hi All,

I received the invitation letter last year and submitted the application online. Today, I got an email from CIC saying the following is missing:

"IMM 0008: The Principal Applicant and all applicable dependents (including your spouse), whether accompanying or not, must be listed on the IMM0008. One or more of
your dependents is not listed on the IMM0008. Please provide a newly completed IMM0008 listing the Principal Applicant and all dependents (including your spouse),
whether accompanying or not. If you require additional space to declare dependents please use the IMM0008DEP form.

IMM 5406 (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) provided was not completed fully. Please provide a current, completed, signed and
dated Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must

Birth Certificate/Proof of Relationship to Principal Applicant: The birth certificate provided for the Sponsor does not meet the requirements for processing. Please provide
a photocopy of the Sponsor’s original birth certificate. If the birth certificate is not in English or French, a notarized (certified) translation in either English or French with a

Two questions:

- I had completed the IMM0008 but I am not 100% sure what it is they are asking. "one or more of your dependents is not listed on the IMM0008" do I have to list my brothers and sisters that are married and 30+ years old??? Beside that I don't really know what they mean by missing dependents... beside my father and mother, there is no other dependent unless I need to list my brothers and sisters.

- For the original birth certificate, I had already provided the translation of my birth certificate (but not copy the original). My birth certificate was translated back in 2006. Is that OK? or do I need to have it translated again?

Can you contact the call center and ask them?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

Two questions:

This topic has been discussed in the main 2021 thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2021.744749/page-231

arash_itook

Jan 6, 2016
Hi All,

Two questions:

I have received an email about one or more dependants are missing while I included all dependants.
Did you find out what to do? Any updates highly appreciated.

ezz1981

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
I have received an email about one or more dependants are missing while I included all dependants.
Did you find out what to do? Any updates highly appreciated.
If the applicant is your father, then you need to make sure that you mother is added as a dependent and vice versa.

I missed that when I did the application online. Also, for IMM 5406, on one form, you father is applicant and you need to complete another one with your mom as applicant (only imm 5406)

Hope this help.

Good luck!

arash_itook

Jan 6, 2016
If the applicant is your father, then you need to make sure that you mother is added as a dependent and vice versa.

I missed that when I did the application online. Also, for IMM 5406, on one form, you father is applicant and you need to complete another one with your mom as applicant (only imm 5406)

Hope this help.

Good luck!
But I already included my mom as a dependant to my father!

There is nothing mentioned baout imm 5406 anyway. Here is the content of the letter I received:

IMM 0008: The Principal Applicant and all applicable dependents (including your spouse), whether accompanying or not, must be listed on the IMM0008. One or more of your dependents is not listed on the IMM0008. Please provide a newly completed IMM0008 listing the Principal Applicant and all dependents (including your spouse), whether accompanying or not. If you require additional space to declare dependents please use the IMM0008DEP form. You must submit the most recent version of this form (06-2020). https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008enu_2d.pdf
 IMM 5476 (for Principal Applicant): It appears that you are using an authorized representative, however, an IMM5476 has not been provided for the Principal Applicant. Please provide a current, complete and signed Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476) for the Principal Applicant. You must submit the most recent version of this form . https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5476e.pdf

i am really confused. i included my sister (under 21 years old) and my mom as the dependants to my dad. I myself older than 22 years old and married and not financially depending on my dad. I have been scratching my head all day to find out what I am missing here. Is it possible that it is an error from the immigration office?

ezz1981

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
But I already included my mom as a dependant to my father!

There is nothing mentioned baout imm 5406 anyway. Here is the content of the letter I received:

IMM 0008: The Principal Applicant and all applicable dependents (including your spouse), whether accompanying or not, must be listed on the IMM0008. One or more of your dependents is not listed on the IMM0008. Please provide a newly completed IMM0008 listing the Principal Applicant and all dependents (including your spouse), whether accompanying or not. If you require additional space to declare dependents please use the IMM0008DEP form. You must submit the most recent version of this form (06-2020). https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008enu_2d.pdf
 IMM 5476 (for Principal Applicant): It appears that you are using an authorized representative, however, an IMM5476 has not been provided for the Principal Applicant. Please provide a current, complete and signed Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476) for the Principal Applicant. You must submit the most recent version of this form . https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5476e.pdf

i am really confused. i included my sister (under 21 years old) and my mom as the dependants to my dad. I myself older than 22 years old and married and not financially depending on my dad. I have been scratching my head all day to find out what I am missing here. Is it possible that it is an error from the immigration office?
Not sure to be honest. Maybe something went wrong when you completed the form online. You can try to call the CIC and the agent might be able to provide more details. In any case, complete the IMM0008 carefully this time and email it to them.