+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021 and 2022 applicants still waiting for decision please gather here.

Qatarian

Jun 24, 2022
What do you mean you re-applied in April?

Also, in which country did you apply?
IRCC asked applicants before September 2021 to reapply, I did that in April 2022 with no response on both applications. My lawyer in Canada is applying on my behalf but I am a resident of Qatar so the application gets processed in Abu Dhabi, UAE.

Reactions: PrinceIsaac254

alex772642

Star Member
Sep 11, 2022
IRCC asked applicants before September 2021 to reapply, I did that in April 2022 with no response on both applications. My lawyer in Canada is applying on my behalf but I am a resident of Qatar so the application gets processed in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
I see, well I really hope that you hear back from them soon! I gave my biometrics in March 2022, so hopefully you will be soon next in line.

No idea how it works when you have a Canadian lawyer submit the application on your behalf. What were the current waiting times of the UAE visa processing center in April 2022? I checked that currently it is 322 days which is even more than the 186 days in the Netherlands....

Qatarian

Jun 24, 2022
I see, well I really hope that you hear back from them soon! I gave my biometrics in March 2022, so hopefully you will be soon next in line.

No idea how it works when you have a Canadian lawyer submit the application on your behalf. What were the current waiting times of the UAE visa processing center in April 2022? I checked that currently it is 322 days which is even more than the 186 days in the Netherlands....
The lawyer does not make any difference, applying yourself is better because you get to check status anytime you want. The processing time for applications from Qatar last April was 449 days and varying every week up and down. Currently it is 322 days. However, that is an average of all TRV applications they processed including student and work permits which are prioritized in addition to delayed visitor visas, so the wait continues. Looks like I am on the way to a record waiting time for a visit visa !

alex772642

Star Member
Sep 11, 2022
The lawyer does not make any difference, applying yourself is better because you get to check status anytime you want. The processing time for applications from Qatar last April was 449 days and varying every week up and down. Currently it is 322 days. However, that is an average of all TRV applications they processed including student and work permits which are prioritized in addition to delayed visitor visas, so the wait continues. Looks like I am on the way to a record waiting time for a visit visa !
Don't think you missed a lot, my status didn't update until this week.
For what it's worth, probably you will get a positive answer, as negative outcomes come a lot sooner.

gudpples

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
Africa
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
ABJ
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
it is indeed much better to do these things yourself. agents are the reason some visa applications are discarded. wish someone would come out and say for certain, what the criteria for approvals are) because not even the lawyers themselves know this. besides, wait times have just been adjusted for most countries so yea,

PositiveEnergy

Aug 3, 2019
My wife first visitor application refused on Jan 14, 2022. We reapplied on Jan 21, 2022 after fulfilling the reason for refusal.

However, after some attempts in contacting through the webform to get the status, they kept on say the application is in a queue. They said it has passed Criminality Check and Background Check. It was surprising to hear that they do Criminality check for a visitor visa. It’s my first time hearing this. This update was on August 2022. We didn’t hear from them since then.

We are not sure if we should put in a brand new application or just wait for the decision of the current application ? Any advice pls

PositiveEnergy

Aug 3, 2019
Applied in July 2022 via GC Key
After months of waiting, decided to apply again via new IRCC portal in Feb 2023
Within a week, my parents 2022 application got approved.

Goodluck!
Congratulations!

Where did you apply from?
Probably, your new application was treated here in Canada and not sent to the nearest Visa Office in your home country

gudpples

Star Member
Jan 27, 2023
Africa
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
ABJ
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Probably, your new application was treated here in Canada and not sent to the nearest Visa Office in your home country
I do not understand this statement though. anyways, have you tried tracking the application?

Reactions: enambari