+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021-2022 Online Applicants

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Citizenship

Canada is proud to have one of the highest naturalization rates in the world and encourages all newcomers to complete their journey by becoming Canadian citizens. IRCC expects a record number of new Canadian citizens in 2022–2023, with approximately 251,000 new citizens welcomed from April to November—surpassing the total number of new Canadian citizens for the last fiscal year. As a result, more than 70% of applications in the citizenship inventory are now within service standards.

Canada marks record-breaking year for processing immigration applications

pdo

Star Member
Feb 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (transferred to Ottawa CPP-O)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2011
Med's Request
27-02-2012
Med's Done....
07-03-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2012
LANDED..........
28-06-2012
Hi

GCMS vs ATIP notes. I don't quite undertsand how to request these. I'm an online applicant from June 2021. Last update was when xthe test was taken, which was in March 2022. I've sent an email to our processing office, which is Vancouver. But should I request GCMS at this stage? And if so how do I do this?

Also, responding to a few notes from a couple pages ago:

taking a test from outside DOES trigger a request for full passport and a letter stating where you are and when you anticipate returning. It does not auto-trigger an interview request. We have two applications going, both online from June 2021. I took test outside of Canada, and did not get an interview, and have now completed my oath. My partner is the one still waiting which I am asking about above.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi

GCMS vs ATIP notes. I don't quite undertsand how to request these. I'm an online applicant from June 2021. Last update was when xthe test was taken, which was in March 2022. I've sent an email to our processing office, which is Vancouver. But should I request GCMS at this stage? And if so how do I do this?

Also, responding to a few notes from a couple pages ago:

taking a test from outside DOES trigger a request for full passport and a letter stating where you are and when you anticipate returning. It does not auto-trigger an interview request. We have two applications going, both online from June 2021. I took test outside of Canada, and did not get an interview, and have now completed my oath. My partner is the one still waiting which I am asking about above.
ATIP is getting your GCMS notes. you can request it here https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/requesterInformation

i would suggest requesting both From CBSA and IRCC. IRCC is backlogged and has not gotten me and a lot of people there notes request it from IRCC in Sep still did not get it requested from CBSA on Nov 29 ad got t last Monday.

When you request it, just ask for your full GCMS notes and all Officer notes for your citizenship grant application

pdo

Star Member
Feb 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2011
Med's Request
27-02-2012
Med's Done....
07-03-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2012
LANDED..........
28-06-2012
Thanks for this! and, I think what I am gathering here is that this doesn't really tell me anything, but maybe perhaps kicks the application up so maybe, MAYBE, someone will pay attention to it? We're coming up on a year since last activity on this application. Test is passed, waiting on prohibitions, language, and physical presence.

second question:
For address in the ATIP application, should i put what IRCC has on file, which was our last address in Canada? Current physical address is in the USA, which I'm reluctant to use as I don't want to make for more confusion.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Thanks for this! and, I think what I am gathering here is that this doesn't really tell me anything, but maybe perhaps kicks the application up so maybe, MAYBE, someone will pay attention to it? We're coming up on a year since last activity on this application. Test is passed, waiting on prohibitions, language, and physical presence.

second question:
For address in the ATIP application, should i put what IRCC has on file, which was our last address in Canada? Current physical address is in the USA, which I'm reluctant to use as I don't want to make for more confusion.

It does not kick your application up the ATIP department of each government agency is separate from the officers that process applications. the ATIP team pulls record from the System IRCC and the Gov uses to process these application, they have no ability to make changes to the application or provide advice etc.

And yes use the address that is on your file as that is what the ATIP team will use to pull your information, since you will select email anyways they will email you a very large PDF with the information

Good luck your partner i hpe they get their application approved soon

pdo

Star Member
Feb 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2011
Med's Request
27-02-2012
Med's Done....
07-03-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2012
LANDED..........
28-06-2012
so, just out of curiosity then, what does getting GCMS do for one? just give some insight into what is going on? I feel like I had read somewhere the notion that with stalled applications it might help kick up some action on a stalled application....

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
so, just out of curiosity then, what does getting GCMS do for one? just give some insight into what is going on? I feel like I had read somewhere the notion that with stalled applications it might help kick up some action on a stalled application....
Causation doesn't mean correlation. It may give people who are having longer than normal processing time an idea of what's causing it. And also it can give those who receive a negative decision the reasons why. For those applications going through the normal process there's not much to learn from ordering it.

Reactions: wink

kingfaisal

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Hey folks,

Just received a letter from IRCC requiring me to appear in an interview on MS teams in January 2023. Only my bg and test are complete and because i took the test from outside Canada, i was asked to submit full scans of my passport and government issued id on November 17, 2022 which I submitted on November 23, 2022.

Now i am back in Canada and I already informed ircc about my return with boarding pass and travel itinerary serving as proof of my return.

What should i expect in this interview? Anyone else have gone through this situation? Kindly share your experience as i have no idea why is this required at this stage. Any feedback in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Pratikkumar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
11-03-2017
AOR Received.
04-0502017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
10-09-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Passport Req..
30-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-12-2017
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
Hey bro, we have exactly the same timeline from AOR to test completed, also got a ghost update on the 13th, mine didn't change back and forth like most folks, just a regular ghost update.what might this mean?
Absolutely no clue.

Mine too hopped back and forth but the status was restored later

Pratikkumar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
11-03-2017
AOR Received.
04-0502017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
10-09-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Passport Req..
30-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-12-2017
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
Hey folks,

Just received a letter from IRCC requiring me to appear in an interview on MS teams in January 2023. Only my bg and test are complete and because i took the test from outside Canada, i was asked to submit full scans of my passport and government issued id on November 17, 2022 which I submitted on November 23, 2022.

Now i am back in Canada and I already informed ircc about my return with boarding pass and travel itinerary serving as proof of my return.

What should i expect in this interview? Anyone else have gone through this situation? Kindly share your experience as i have no idea why is this required at this stage. Any feedback in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Did you fail the test? If not, interview after passing the test is novelty

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
Hi everyone,

Online applicant, during the citizenship test I accidentally clicked on another tab containing the pdf test instructions by mistake, a warning message popped, will my test be marked as a cheat and cancelled ?

Thanks for your feedback

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi everyone,

Online applicant, during the citizenship test I accidentally clicked on another tab containing the pdf test instructions by mistake, a warning message popped, will my test be marked as a cheat and cancelled ?

Thanks for your feedback
You should be fine, i have seen people said that happened to them too and the test was fine, the officer will most likely just review your test but you should be fine, once you did not do multiple times

Reactions: Abdelilah

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
You should be fine, i have seen people said that happened to them too and the test was fine, the officer will most likely just review your test but you should be fine, once you did not do multiple times
Thanks for the reply.

Because it was mistake I only did it once because I had to use my work laptop that had a much better webcam the laptop had a lot of tabs open, my workstation couldn't get the ID photo clear enough.

Amine122018

Sep 21, 2020
Hello, everyone,
I am writing in the hope someone can answer my question. I am currently single and am planning to get married in two months. Given I am currently eligible to apply for citizenship, Shall I apply now as a single and update IRCC about my marital status when I get married ( after two months) or shall I wait until I get married and submit my application with the status of married? I am afraid that my application may take longer if I apply as a single and then later update IRCC about my marital status. Many thanks in advance for your answer