+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021-2022 Online Applicants

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Thank you so much for taking time to provide the info, much appreciated!!!

I read someone’s comment on the Facebook group that the downside to taking the test outside Canada is that you will automatically be asked for an interview later on? Is this accurate?

So I have never heard that before and I cannot find any documentation regarding that.

But it's important to note, IRCC is very RANDOM and they can ask anyone for an interview.

If you pass the test
You may have to do an interview with a citizenship officer. If you have to do an interview after the test, it will happen

• after we review your submitted test
  • approximately 8 weeks after you get your official test result
Otherwise, wait until you are invited to the citizenship ceremony.

Who has to take the test and go to the interview
Whether you have to take the test or go to the interview depends on your age and application.

Your age and situationTake the testGo to the interview
Adult 18 to 54 years of ageYesYes
Adult 55 and overNoYes
Minor under 18 with a Canadian parent or a parent applying at the same timeNoNo, except in some casesTable footnote*
Minor 14 to 17 without a Canadian parent or a parent applying at the same timeNoYes
Minor under 14 without a Canadian parent or a parent applying at the same timeNoNo, except in some cases

References:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1603&top=5
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test.html#toc0

wink

May 25, 2021
Everyone had interview before pandemic. I think more and more people are getting interview request recently... Looks like IRCC is getting back to interview everyone or most of them....

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I read someone’s comment on the Facebook group that the downside to taking the test outside Canada is that you will automatically be asked for an interview later on? Is this accurate?
Not automatic. But those who take the test outside Canada are more likely to be asked for an interview than those who took the test inside.

Reactions: reneeangeli

reneeangeli

Jun 24, 2018
So I have never heard that before and I cannot find any documentation regarding that.

But it's important to note, IRCC is very RANDOM and they can ask anyone for an interview.

If you pass the test
You may have to do an interview with a citizenship officer. If you have to do an interview after the test, it will happen

• after we review your submitted test
  • approximately 8 weeks after you get your official test result
Otherwise, wait until you are invited to the citizenship ceremony.

Who has to take the test and go to the interview
Whether you have to take the test or go to the interview depends on your age and application.

Your age and situationTake the testGo to the interview
Adult 18 to 54 years of ageYesYes
Adult 55 and overNoYes
Minor under 18 with a Canadian parent or a parent applying at the same timeNoNo, except in some casesTable footnote*
Minor 14 to 17 without a Canadian parent or a parent applying at the same timeNoYes
Minor under 14 without a Canadian parent or a parent applying at the same timeNoNo, except in some cases

References:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1603&top=5
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test.html#toc0
Ohh definitely good to know! I found if strange when the person said it was “automatic” so I just wanted to double check.

AlexandraO

Jul 8, 2016
Hi

I applied online on October 2021.
Got invitation for test on August 2022.
I am abroad now. So, I passed the test abroad.

In 1 month after I Passed the test and I received request to send copy of scanned passports.

Afterwards received automatic reply

You will NOT receive a response to your enquiry via this email. A decision/response to your request or notification of submission will be added to your file in our system within 5 business days of receipt. At that time, you must contact the Client Support Centre for further information.

But I can't find Client Support Center.

What should I do?

do you know phone number of Client SUpport Centre?

thanks

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
Hi

I applied online on October 2021.
Got invitation for test on August 2022.
I am abroad now. So, I passed the test abroad.

In 1 month after I Passed the test and I received request to send copy of scanned passports.

Afterwards received automatic reply

You will NOT receive a response to your enquiry via this email. A decision/response to your request or notification of submission will be added to your file in our system within 5 business days of receipt. At that time, you must contact the Client Support Centre for further information.

But I can't find Client Support Center.

What should I do?

do you know phone number of Client SUpport Centre?

thanks
Client Support Centre number is +1 888 242 2100

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
thank you very much for phone number

have you tried to call them? What are they usually saying.
I am trying to call from Canadian phone sim card but from Turkey, connection isn't working:((
Just download a third pary app like Textme or Textnow and pay couple of dollar and you can reach easily.

Fidaato

Jan 2, 2022
Hi All,
I got finger print request on the tracker dated 5th December however I have not received any email. Can someone please let me know if there is a lag in receiving email. Also, is the finger print request received by regular mail or email. Please let me know.

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Hi All,
I got finger print request on the tracker dated 5th December however I have not received any email. Can someone please let me know if there is a lag in receiving email. Also, is the finger print request received by regular mail or email. Please let me know.
Yes 48hrs lag, email

Reactions: Fidaato

reneeangeli

Jun 24, 2018
My husband’s tracker updated again today. He is now scheduled for the exam. We are just waiting for the email invite.

parkland

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
single
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1107
Application sent: June 26th, 2022 (midnight)
Delivered: June 26th, 2022
AOR:June 30th, 2022
IP: July 1st, 2022
Citizenship Test requested: Dec 7th 2022 (between Dec 12 and Jan 2nd)
Finger print requested: DEC 7th, 2022

Aishas

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
Hi guys so I did my test on Oct 1, 2022 while I was in Pakistan (hometown) after that I received an email from ircc to send the copies of passport, pr and the expected date of return to Canada which I mentioned Nov 25 and I already came back on Nov 24 waiting for an invitation of oath ceremony but didn't hear anything back since then what should I do? Or when I should expect my oath ceremony?
Please response