App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
Same here, test scheduled for Dec 5, but no test invite email. I did receive an email today asking for fingerprints though.
That's some good news there, good luck with the test and the fingerprints.

Reactions: sahibo

pdo

Star Member
Feb 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (transferred to Ottawa CPP-O)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2011
Med's Request
27-02-2012
Med's Done....
07-03-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2012
LANDED..........
28-06-2012
joining this thread as we have an app that falls into the forgotten 2021 online pit. Details are:

Applied: 22 Jun 2021
Test Invite letter: 25 February 2022
Test Interview date: 21 March 2022
Test updated to Completed on 23 March 2022
Oath Letter Date: TBD
Oath Ceremony: TBD
Test and Background show as "Completed"
Language, Physical Presence, and Prohibitions show as "In Progress"
Processing office is "West Citizenship", so, Vancouver?

Note that a second application followed same timeline up through testing, then switched to SK/MB when the oath invite came in July. That application is now closed and citizenship is granted (yay!). So in our case, one online app cleared in just over a year, other still waiting.

pdo

Star Member
Feb 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (transferred to Ottawa CPP-O)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2011
Med's Request
27-02-2012
Med's Done....
07-03-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2012
LANDED..........
28-06-2012
Oh, another thing to note on our applications in addition to what I outlined above:
My PR card was expiring in August 2022, and I got my oath invite at the end of July.
My partner's PR card expired in 2021, a few months after we applied for citizenship. They also applied for a PR renewal, so now have a valid PR card for the next five years. Not sure if there is any cooridination between these areas, perhaps someone with an about to expire PR card gets more attention?

reneeangeli

Jun 24, 2018
Hey everyone. This is my husband’s timeline:

Online application
App filed: July 5, 2022
AOR: July 11, 2022
—- Nothing since —-

Today he logged in his tracker and it said it was updated today December 1, 2022 but nothing’s new. They indicated “New Update” under the date he got his AOR but that has always been there? Is there any meaning to this? Should we be hopeful?

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other

Online application
—- Nothing since —-

Today he logged in his tracker and it said it was updated today December 1, 2022 but nothing’s new. They indicated “New Update” under the date he got his AOR but that has always been there? Is there any meaning to this? Should we be hopeful?
Sounds like a ghost update to me, maybe in 24 hrs he will see what changed. or get an email BG completed or something, keep us informed and let us know what the update is.

Also, look like a few others in the July thread got an update today, so IRCC is prob working on the online files now lol.

Good Luck Either way

parkland

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018

Online application
—- Nothing since —-

Same here. It was updated today. But nothing changed yet
I applied June 26,2022

reneeangeli

Jun 24, 2018
Sounds like a ghost update to me, maybe in 24 hrs he will see what changed. or get an email BG completed or something, keep us informed and let us know what the update is.

Also, look like a few others in the July thread got an update today, so IRCC is prob working on the online files now lol.

Good Luck Either way
I checked again this morning and it was updated again to today’s date December 2, 2022. His background verification is now complete. Hopefully this movement continues.

If we happen to be out of the country during his test window (when it comes) do we still email them that we are out of the country? Or can he just take the exam right away?

Bidil

Apr 25, 2022
I'm July 6th online applicant. Got 2 GU, November 30th, and December 2nd.
Called IRCC today, agents says nothing required, application still in progress. No BG, no citizenship test. So what are those GU's?

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
I'm July 6th online applicant. Got 2 GU, November 30th, and December 2nd.
Called IRCC today, agents says nothing required, application still in progress. No BG, no citizenship test. So what are those GU's?
Since you got two GUs, I think you will either BG completed or FP request and/or test in progress. In my case, I got two GUs in late October/early November and my security was cleared and I was asked for FP.

A lot of times agents don't give the exact progress on your file if you do not ask specifically about Security/Criminality. You can see my detailed timeline in my signature.

Reactions: Bidil

Bidil

Apr 25, 2022
Since you got two GUs, I think you will either BG completed or FP request and/or test in progress. In my case, I got two GUs in late October/early November and my security was cleared and I was asked for FP.

A lot of times agents don't give the exact progress on your file if you do not ask specifically about Security/Criminality. You can see my detailed timeline in my signature.
Fingers crossed. Will see what they ask. I'm checking my application every 30min

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
I checked again this morning and it was updated again to today’s date December 2, 2022. His background verification is now complete. Hopefully this movement continues.

If we happen to be out of the country during his test window (when it comes) do we still email them that we are out of the country? Or can he just take the exam right away?

Yassss congratulation awesome.

Yes, you can take the test outside Canada.

If you get your invitation and plan to take the test while you’re outside Canada, send an email to the address in the Eligibility section of your invitation.

In your email,
  • put “Outside Canada – Citizenship Test” in the subject line
  • in the body of your message, include
    • your full name
    • your application number
    • the start and end date for your test
We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email.

reference -- https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1571&top=5

Reactions: reneeangeli

reneeangeli

Jun 24, 2018
Yassss congratulation awesome.

Yes, you can take the test outside Canada.

If you get your invitation and plan to take the test while you’re outside Canada, send an email to the address in the Eligibility section of your invitation.

In your email,
  • put “Outside Canada – Citizenship Test” in the subject line
  • in the body of your message, include
    • your full name
    • your application number
    • the start and end date for your test
We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email.

reference -- https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1571&top=5
Thank you so much for taking time to provide the info, much appreciated!!!

I read someone’s comment on the Facebook group that the downside to taking the test outside Canada is that you will automatically be asked for an interview later on? Is this accurate?