+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021-2022 Online Applicants

rcanzy

Mar 28, 2019
I have a question about the citizenship test status. I did the online test a few days ago. Strangely though is that in my citizenship status account, the status for the test is showing as “not started”. Have anyone experienced that?

jumppluffww

Sep 13, 2019
Congrats that there is movement.
Did you receive a notification by email ?
No I didn't. I logged into the portal every once in a while. If you are really curious and log in every day, you will also be able to see a "ghost update", where it says there is an update with your application but nothing looks different. If the ghost update is not caused by a system upgrade then it usually means someone is working on your file.

I believe they will only email you to request additional documents or to schedule the test.

chanakyashah

May 3, 2017
I have a question about the citizenship test status. I did the online test a few days ago. Strangely though is that in my citizenship status account, the status for the test is showing as “not started”. Have anyone experienced that?
Yes pretty common. My test status got updated I think after 5 days.

Pratikkumar

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
11-03-2017
AOR Received.
04-0502017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
10-09-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Passport Req..
30-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-12-2017
LANDED..........
30-04-2018
It's common.

An officer will review the video of your test and then only your status will be updated. It takes anywhere between 2-5 business days in general. If there are any queries about your test (such as ID not legible or someone else seen in video or some conspicuous sound in video), it may take longer

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hey Y'all wanted to share some info from an ATIP request which took forever, I had to file a complaint then I finally got it :p

I found this encouraging --> IRCC does read the negative comments on social media and try to take action, I wish they would come in this forum and read it here LOL but they use their official social media accounts. so since they do not get too much bad press about Online (E-App) they do not then its affecting people like us, But they do get overall Bad press about grants taking forever to get processed. maybe we should take our noises to Twitter instead. lol.

I also loved this little chart here, it is not a lot of application obviously, but what was interesting is that the processing time for online (e-app) is faster than Paper during this period.(this might be because e-app is neve or fewer they processed too many different factors) so I hope it does continue like that and that we will see some movement on our applications. especially for folks waiting since 2021 I who just applied will start to complain next year but for now, i am okay lol.

Last, it does look like they are serious about prioritizing paper, because they do have alooot and if they do not then it will take 4yrs to process the paper if they do not. so the only way for them to prioritize online (e0app) is if we have another pandemic and then all IRCCs has to work from home again, and cannot access (paper) application. so we gotta sit tight until COVID-30 comes out lol. i know this is not new info but really interesting to kind see how IRCC thinks and get some numbers, also our little tracker does alight with IRCC number from this period so another interesting little nugget

sahibo

Star Member
Jun 7, 2022
Hey Y'all wanted to share some info from an ATIP request which took forever, I had to file a complaint then I finally got it :p

I found this encouraging --> IRCC does read the negative comments on social media and try to take action, I wish they would come in this forum and read it here LOL but they use their official social media accounts. so since they do not get too much bad press about Online (E-App) they do not then its affecting people like us, But they do get overall Bad press about grants taking forever to get processed. maybe we should take our noises to Twitter instead. lol.

I also loved this little chart here, it is not a lot of application obviously, but what was interesting is that the processing time for online (e-app) is faster than Paper during this period.(this might be because e-app is neve or fewer they processed too many different factors) so I hope it does continue like that and that we will see some movement on our applications. especially for folks waiting since 2021 I who just applied will start to complain next year but for now, i am okay lol.

Last, it does look like they are serious about prioritizing paper, because they do have alooot and if they do not then it will take 4yrs to process the paper if they do not. so the only way for them to prioritize online (e0app) is if we have another pandemic and then all IRCCs has to work from home again, and cannot access (paper) application. so we gotta sit tight until COVID-30 comes out lol. i know this is not new info but really interesting to kind see how IRCC thinks and get some numbers, also our little tracker does alight with IRCC number from this period so another interesting little nugget

Online processing time is faster??? They must be looking at Facebook or Twitter instead of this forum.

wink

May 25, 2021

Thanks. Can you please upload the entire document and share the link?

This line is interesting:

Increasing of the decision target above 5000 was considered but determined to not be beneficial.

Not sure beneficial to whom and what is the logic here.

Regarding avg 14 months processing time for e-apps was captured in the previous report as well and I highlighted it as well. But looks like they are not in hurry to increase the e-apps DM target anytime soon.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Thanks. Can you please upload the entire document and share the link?

This line is interesting:

Increasing of the decision target above 5000 was considered but determined to not be beneficial.

Not sure beneficial to whom and what is the logic here.

Regarding avg 14 months processing time for e-apps was captured in the previous report as well and I highlighted it as well. But looks like they are not in hurry to increase the e-apps DM target anytime soon.
Here is the full -->

iluvtomorrowland

Jun 28, 2017
“Prioritization of electronic applications would also drive paper applicants in the inventory to submit duplicate e-applications trying to achieve a faster decision, and put the department at high risk for mandamuses, as well as the possibility of increased processing times due to the work required to assess multiple applications for the same client. “

So thoughtful of IRCC. They didn’t think that it could be other way around as well. Now more applicants are submitting paper applications because of obvious choice. Unless IRCC stops accepting paper applications, they are never going to get rid off paper inventory.

jumppluffww

Sep 13, 2019
Applicant: Single Adult
Submitted: Mar 25, 2022
AOR: April 25, 2022
Backgroud completed: Nov 1, 2022
Test email: Nov 23, 2022

Reactions: may2019

OhCanada25

Apr 19, 2017
Applicant: Single Adult
Submitted: Apr 11, 2022
AOR: Apr 27, 2022
GU 1- 08-Oct
GU 2- 28-Oct
FP Request- 04-Nov
FP Given: 12 Nov
Email for test: 23 Nov

Reactions: may2019

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
I would believe the content of this document if IRCC was processing older paper based applications, so they can really empty that "backlog", the truth is that the new applications are the ones going through the highway and taking that near express entry timelines, while online applications are simply forgotten.

I'm still banging my head over the fact that IRCC isn't transparent enough, why didn't they simply put a disclaimer warning people about the way much longer processing time, at least I would have taken an informed decision, I mean come on, it's not like if my pizza is taking longer than expected to be delivered, this is a life planning matter.

Last edited:

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
I would believe the content of this document if IRCC was processing older paper based applications, so they can really empty that "backlog", the truth is that the new applications are the ones going through the highway and taking that near express entry timelines, while online applications are simply forgotten.

I'm still banging my head over the fact that IRCC isn't transparent enough, why didn't they simply put a disclaimer warning people about the way much longer processing time, at least I would have taken an informed decision, I mean come on, it's not like if my pizza is taking longer than expected to be delivered, this is a life planning matter.
If they process the old paper applications fast, then the processing time would drop drastically. This would actually be a big issue because when applicants exceed the normal processing times, they can get a writ of mandamus from the court to force IRCC to render a decision. IRCC doesn't want to or have the capacity to deal with thousands or hundreds of thousands of court orders so they are using a modified first in First out approach where they rush a few new paper applicants to slowly reduce the wait time. Then they can slowly chip away at the backlog as the build-up capacity to process online applications.