+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021-2022 Online Applicants

preet.tech89

Jul 12, 2019
Hi, Do we need to enter the address for hotel/airbnb under Address/Residence section during the vacation outside Canada? What if exact airbnb/hotel address is lost and do not remember? Kindly suggest. Thanks

https://ibb.co/QmZc9fX

Last edited:

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
how IRCC is handling the backlog :(
no-one knows for sure, however People with AOR received in end of December are getting test invites these days. I will post here once I get mine. My AOR is a few weeks ahead of yours.

iceman55

May 1, 2022
I beg to disagree. Edmonton ofc is more slow. Test completed last march and almost 3 months no update. But im seeing others that submitted their applications later than me and hubby already had their oath taking. :/
For some reason, Alberta offices appear to be the slowest in the country.

Very strange since Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver - cities that receive a lot of immigrants, some much more than Alberta - appear to be among the fastest.

Even among the Prairie provinces, Saskatoon appears to be much faster than Edmonton or Calgary.

Would be interesting to know why. Not sure if Edmonton and Calgary don't have the resources or it's a management issue.

For some reason, Alberta offices appear to be the slowest in the country.

Very strange since Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver - cities that receive a lot of immigrants, some much more than Alberta - appear to be among the fastest.

Even among the Prairie provinces, Saskatoon appears to be much faster than Edmonton or Calgary.

Would be interesting to know why. Not sure if Edmonton and Calgary don't have the resources or it's a management issue.
Montreal is not among the fastest, lol. From where I stand, I see Calgary/Vancouver to be faster :)

Reactions: Acorn450

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Montreal is not among the fastest, lol. From where I stand, I see Calgary/Vancouver to be faster :)
lol, I know it's hard to generalize given the number of factors involved and the variety of background of the applicants.

But in a queue processing environment like this with all these variables, if you want to pick up a single, quick leading indicator, it would be looking at who is consistently processing the latest applications since that means at least some officers have some bandwidth - very similar to a retail checkout queue, where different customers have different number of items, some people have coupons, some need additional manual effort etc but still some clerks consistently are ahead of the rest. This is especially true since all these major cities probably receive similar number of immigrants (except Toronto and Ontario in general, which receive way more but somehow still the most efficient). Also all these offices are bound by federal rules and procedures, not provincial.

I'm sure individual experiences vary widely, but of all the large cities west of Quebec, the only ones that haven't touched the 2022 applications are Edmonton and Calgary. That's been the case for all of the time I've been watching the tracker.

Reactions: saou17 and 8494193

mofass

Jun 28, 2022
My timeline:
Online application submitted dec 27, 2021
AOR- feb 22. 2022
Background Complete- Feb 28 .2022
Test Invite letter/ecas date :June 27. 2022

Reactions: saou17

RickyT

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
It's absolutely ridiculous they are focusing on paper applications instead of online, It logistically doesn't make any sense at all. With paper, someone has to manually check every piece of information, upload it to whichever database they use, and then Process it which takes several steps. With Online it doesn't allow you to make any major mistakes and all of the information is already in their system!!!!

It's beyond frustrating that Online applications are not being put first, if anything they should process paper LAST.

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
My timeline:
Online application submitted dec 27, 2021
AOR- feb 22. 2022
Background Complete- Feb 28 .2022
Test Invite letter/ecas date :June 27. 2022
good for you. my application was sent Oct 28 online, 2 months before you. My AOR Jan 21, no updates since. I check the tracker every day.

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
It's absolutely ridiculous they are focusing on paper applications instead of online, It logistically doesn't make any sense at all. With paper, someone has to manually check every piece of information, upload it to whichever database they use, and then Process it which takes several steps. With Online it doesn't allow you to make any major mistakes and all of the information is already in their system!!!!

It's beyond frustrating that Online applications are not being put first, if anything they should process paper LAST.
fully agree.

parkland

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018

100% agree. CIC lives in 2000's. What can we do we are smarter than them.

Reactions: GD.Iron.80