My timeline:
Online application submitted Aug 15, 2021
AOR- Oct 25
Background Complete- Mar 21, 2022
Test in Progress- Mar 23
Test- Apr 2
Test marked completed - Apr 5
Processing office- Montreal

I am not considering a paper application at this point. The Montreal office is notoriously slow and I am not sure a paper app would move any faster. But how IRCC is handling the backlog is very frustrating.
It seems that every office is slow these days! I'm in Ottawa, and Ottawa office is one of the slowest if not the slowest. I had some hope when I found out that I was being processed by Niagara Falls, which seemed to be moving a couple months ago, but now even Niagara Falls is at a standstill :(

Acorn450

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
It seems that every office is slow these days! I'm in Ottawa, and Ottawa office is one of the slowest if not the slowest. I had some hope when I found out that I was being processed by Niagara Falls, which seemed to be moving a couple months ago, but now even Niagara Falls is at a standstill :(
We used to live in Ottawa Wonder why Ottawa is so slow- maybe they handle a lot of complex applications. I agree that most offices seem to be slow. My PR card renewal has been kind of a disaster, and the last information I have indicates that my file is/was being processed in Edmonton.

Reactions: trumprefugee

damo411

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Attention Online Applicants:
Guys, there is no need crying over spilt milk or trying to change from online to paper application, can someone who is good in crafting petitions help in creating a petition about the neglect of online applications to house of commons and share the link so we all sign the petition. https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Home/Index

Public officers are meant to serve us, afterall we pay taxes, hence we deserve equal right and fairness, they are meant work for us, not us yielding to what works for them....let's unite in this course.....

NAAJ

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-12-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-01-2015
October 2021 online applicant, joining in here as well:
AOR January 11, 2022
In process January 11, 2022
No further updates ever since! Waiting on GCMS notes

Reactions: Shining Moon

ms.eheads

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
I beg to disagree. Edmonton ofc is more slow. Test completed last march and almost 3 months no update. But im seeing others that submitted their applications later than me and hubby already had their oath taking. :/

wink

May 25, 2021
Hello all,

I've created this thread as a gathering point for all 2021-22 online applicants whose applications are still in process.

Currently there is a deliberate intent by IRCC to prioritize paper applications over online, and I've personally found that the month-based threads are not helpful to track the status of online applications, especially after August 2021. I believe it'd be useful to have a space for online applicants to exchange questions and provide updates on their applications.

My information:
App sent: December 3, 2021
AOR: February 11, 2022
In process: February 14, 2022
No updates since.

Is anybody out there considering submitting a paper application?
Is it possible to create a tracker sheet for this?

gagzzz

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
My timeline:
Papre application submitted Nov 15, 2021 (family of 3)
AOR- Jan 25
Background Complete- Feb 01, 2022
Nothing after that...
Processing office- Not sure ( but i am from Brampton)

i am reading that few people applied after me are nearing Oath...

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
Hi, I start filling out my online application. In the section on Work, school and activities, the website indicates the following:
  • If there are any missing days, periods of time or if the section is left blank, we’ll return your application to you.
If it happens, applicants will fill out those missing days and re-apply. I am wondering in this case, will applicants have to pay one more time for the service fees or not?

Thank you for any feedback!

figaro2

Jan 12, 2016
Argentina
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
Doc's Request.
15-01-2017
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
20-07-2017
Passport Req..
3 nov 2017
LANDED..........
31 01 2018
Attention Online Applicants:
Guys, there is no need crying over spilt milk or trying to change from online to paper application, can someone who is good in crafting petitions help in creating a petition about the neglect of online applications to house of commons and share the link so we all sign the petition. https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Home/Index

Public officers are meant to serve us, afterall we pay taxes, hence we deserve equal right and fairness, they are meant work for us, not us yielding to what works for them....let's unite in this course.....
How exactly do you know they are not treating both files with fairness? At the end paper or online they are both treated under the same system!
Don t follow assumptions from an insignificat amount of profiles sharing their infos sometimes on this forum

here is an idea about the numbers shared in an article :

degm

May 31, 2017
How exactly do you know they are not treating both files with fairness? At the end paper or online they are both treated under the same system!
Don t follow assumptions from an insignificat amount of profiles sharing their infos sometimes on this forum

here is an idea about the numbers shared in an article :
How exactly do we know they are not treating applications fairly? There’s an IRCC internal memo obtained by a member of this group through an ATIP request that indicates that they would prioritize paper applications over online for the period of October 2021 to March 2022. The experience from members of this forum matches the information contained on that memo.

“At the end they’re both treated by the same system” is actually an assumption of yours, there’s proof of the opposite.

“I guess it’s normal as the world was asleep for two years”. You may be okay with that idea, but for some of us this is unacceptable and frankly mediocre. Did we have to stop paying taxes in that period? Did they stop charging application fees for citizenship applications? No, they didn’t. Thus, we don’t only expect a service, but also a fair service.

Ultimately, what is it to you? Why are you responding as if you were directly affected by online applicants decision to gather and discuss?

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
I'll join you here.

App sent: December 30, 2021
AOR: February 23, 2022
In process: February 24, 2022

Strongly considering sending a paper app at this point. My application has made no progress and is still at CPC-Sydney. I am curious to see what wksj's ATIP request around plans for online applications in 2022 comes up with.
My App sent Oct 28, 2021
AOR: January 21, 2022
In processing: January 24, 2022

No updates since, but I am reading on this forum that people from Mid-december AOR are receiving their test invites now. I'll count a month and see if they send me a test invite, assuming that they go by quota for online, as we are slower than paper per what we see here.

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
I hear you. It's very frustrating.

Reactions: trumprefugee

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
My information:
App sent online: November 30,2021
AOR: February 14, 2022
In process: February 14, 2022
No updates since.