2021-2022 Online Applicants

Retruitious

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Thanks for this, its really interesting that it seems to be slow for us but they have exceded their number this year compared to last year From April 1, 2022, to July 31, 2022, Canada has welcomed over 116,000 new citizens, compared to 35,000 in the same period last year. hopefully they keep this pace we might see some great movement on our applications.

Last edited:

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
IMO it's just another gimmick, we're in this whole mess because IRCC don't disclose the details that matters, I bet 98% of those 65% citizenship applications that are within service standards are paper based, the devil being in the details, had we known about this fact I guess most of us would have avoided the online stream altogether unless being masochistic, this is yet again turning into a big joke/comedy.

Last edited:
Reactions: sahibo

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
IMO it's just another gimmick, we're in this whole mess because IRCC don't disclose the details that matters, I bet 98% of those 65% citizenship applications that are within service standards are paper based, the devil being in the details, had we known about this fact I guess most of us will have avoided the online stream altogether unless being masochistic, this is yet again turning into a big joke/comedy.

Haha, my friend who is with me, said the same as you lol.. he does not trust IRCC, but i think we also have to take into consideration that the new portal for online application was laughed on August 11, 2021, so I would like to see what % of the online applications got a test to invite and what % of paper application from that same time got test invite or completed

I would assume it probably looks like these 2022 Citizenship applicants because on that tracker I only see 1 in February that has a Test invite and we have a few Paper who already have citizenship and a lot with Oath. i hope one day we get some true transparency from IRCC, it's rather interesting that we all thought online would mean less work for them because the info is already in the GCMS if it's submitted online.

Wish us all good luck and a speedy process

also, you are so RIGHt it's a Gimmick because even the title of the article talks about

to help Canadian businesses grow

They do not care about citizenship it's more to get more folks in Canada so they can work, and the ones that are here already working whatever they can wait is how I read that.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
I am new and just applied so I have no rush, but my suggestion for the people here who want some more info into their application since you applied online, you should try to make a ATIP request for some very good info and then share it with this group.

I'm wondering this as well (both why some online applications move faster than others and if I'm being punished for whining too much on this forum!)

I know that background and name checks being stalled can be a big factor. I don't see any evidence of issues with my background checks in my GCMS notes and I was never asked to send fingerprints.

I'm thinking perhaps it has to do with how much travel we have done. I have read that IRCC can do investigations on our physical presence if they have any doubt and it might not even show up in GCMS notes. I made 3 trips to the US since coming to Canada. But I have seen others who didn't travel at all and/or had way more physical presence days and are even more delayed.

But something I haven't seen discussed but that I think might influence citizenship application processing speed is what class of PR we are.
I have heard that refugee PR applications tend to be processed more slowly as they are the most unfavorable class, with the most restrictions and least stable status - they can lose PR status if they travel back home or even use their home country passports to visit other countries!
PNPs seem to be 2nd from the bottom in terms of rights and status, in being confined to one province. I am PNP so thinking maybe that's one reason for the delays in my application.
Spousal sponsorship PRs probably can't divorce their spouses before citizenship without facing scrutiny and delays - not sure if there would be delays if they are still married to their sponsoring spouses.
FSW EE immigrants probably have the fewest restrictions (only can't move to Quebec and this prohibition is probably the least strongly enforced) and might be processed most quickly, assuming they stayed outside Quebec?
Would love to see more data to see how much truth there is to these suspicions of mine.
That was from @trumprefugee so maybe make a request for that info and get some insight.
  • IRCC Citienzship Grants Broken down by paper and Online application for the period Aug 31, 2021 - July 31, 2022.
    • Amount received
    • Test Invites
    • Oath invites
    • Application Closed / Completed
  • IRCC Citienzship Grants Broken down by PR Class of each applicant
    • How many folks who are Refugee have been granted citizenship vs how many applied
    • How many folks who are PNP were granted citizenship vs how many applied
    • How many folks were granted citizenship who were Spousa sponsor vs how many applied
  • IRCC Processing times in months for each application under each class above.
    • How many months did it take IRCC to process applications for citizenship for folks who were:
      • Refugees
      • PNP
      • Spousal Sponsors.
They might share of the same good info or none at all i have no idea but i think that you made a good point in how you think about their timeframe. ATIP can be requeted here https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

Reactions: trumprefugee

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
Haha, my friend who is with me, said the same as you lol.. he does not trust IRCC, but i think we also have to take into consideration that the new portal for online application was laughed on August 11, 2021, so I would like to see what % of the online applications got a test to invite and what % of paper application from that same time got test invite or completed

I would assume it probably looks like these 2022 Citizenship applicants because on that tracker I only see 1 in February that has a Test invite and we have a few Paper who already have citizenship and a lot with Oath. i hope one day we get some true transparency from IRCC, it's rather interesting that we all thought online would mean less work for them because the info is already in the GCMS if it's submitted online.

Wish us all good luck and a speedy process

also, you are so RIGHt it's a Gimmick because even the title of the article talks about

to help Canadian businesses grow

They do not care about citizenship it's more to get more folks in Canada so they can work, and the ones that are here already working whatever they can wait is how I read that.
Old habits die hard, it would be very difficult to shift people's focus from something they've done for years to a new way of doing things.
That being said I can imagine IRCC having storage issues with their paper applications, they're completely fine with online applications sitting there as they take 0 space on their desks.
Our hope is family and minor's applications being shifted to online, but let's say positive.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi, how can I know that my request for urgent citizenship processing is accepted?
I do not think you will get any confirmation from IRCC if it's approved, you will just see that your application is moving faster than normal That is an indicator your request was approved but otherwise, you would not know. i also cannot find any info that talks about that process in detail other than how to apply for Urgent processing.

You can contact the Call centre and see if they have notes that you requested UP and they might be able to tell you if its accepted or not, again MIGHT!!! not a guarantee.

Can I ask what is your Urgent reason, for processing?

Good luck

brave heart 100

May 9, 2018
I do not think you will get any confirmation from IRCC if it's approved, you will just see that your application is moving faster than normal That is an indicator your request was approved but otherwise, you would not know. i also cannot find any info that talks about that process in detail other than how to apply for Urgent processing.

You can contact the Call centre and see if they have notes that you requested UP and they might be able to tell you if its accepted or not, again MIGHT!!! not a guarantee.

Can I ask what is your Urgent reason, for processing?

Good luck
Thank you so much, I am applying for a job abroad.

Reactions: RefugeeHelp1

brave heart 100

May 9, 2018
when they update the file for any updates like background completion, prohibitions..etc...
will I get a notification by email or do I have to check my citizenship account occasionally?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
when they update the file for any updates like background completion, prohibitions..etc...
will I get a notification by email or do I have to check my citizenship account occasionally?
You have to log into the tracker periodically to check. You won't get an email. If you're at a stage where you're expecting updates, you should check your tracker at least twice a week.