+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 TRV Timelines (In Canada only)

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Hi everyone,

I sent out my TRV application within Canada, yesterday. I wanted to know if anyone recently underwent (August 2020 onwards), or is currently undergoing a TRV application. If so, can you share your timelines so that I know how long the processing of my application should take? Thanks!

I will of course, share my timeline with you. My timeline is in my signature and I will update it as different steps of my application are completed.

Thanks.

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
I applied from Canada on Sep 21st and no update till now.

Reactions: dillym

Mvumi_livu

Oct 16, 2020
Hi, I also applied for my TRV renewal within Canada on Oct 5th. I'm yet to get any updates. Happy to compare timelines too.

mchidhambaram

Oct 18, 2020
Hi all, I had applied for TRV (by mail) on September 12th 2020 along with Spouse and dependents. Canada Xpresspost delivered the mail on September 16th 2020. IRCC processed and sent the Passport Request letter dated on October 2nd 2020 to my attorney email address instead of my email address mentioned part of TRV application. I had courier the passport on October 9th 2020 and delivered by Canada post on October 15th, 2020. Will keep you posted with my updates. Moreover my spouse and child have travel coming week.

Just my two cents, Try submit tickets through IRCC webform if you’re waiting on application number or any travel plans soon.

Last edited:
  • Wow

sai_chaitanya2001

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Hey @dillym , Can you let us know if you first entered Canada on TRV to meet your spouse and then applied for inland spousal sponsorship and now submitted application for extending your TRV ?

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
Hi all, I had applied for TRV (by mail) on September 12th 2020 along with Spouse and dependents. Canada Xpresspost delivered the mail on September 16th 2020. IRCC processed and sent the Passport Request letter dated on October 2nd 2020 to my attorney email address instead of my email address mentioned part of TRV application. I had courier the passport on October 9th 2020 and delivered by Canada post on October 15th, 2020. Will keep you posted with my updates. Moreover my spouse and child have travel coming week.

Just my two cents, Try submit tickets through IRCC webform if you’re waiting on application number or any travel plans soon.
I applied on Sep 21st by online but no response till now. Did you submitted IRCC webform to expedite the process. You are lucky that you got response very quickly.

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Hey @dillym , Can you let us know if you first entered Canada on TRV to meet your spouse and then applied for inland spousal sponsorship and now submitted application for extending your TRV ?
Hi there, Sorry for the late reply. I applied for TRV on a post graduate work permit (PGWP) which I got this year after obtaining my doctorate. My spouse sponsored me while holding working status with my PGWP.

the_eye

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Hi,

When I try to create an application for TRV, the form says "Application from Outside Canada".

I mentioned that I'm within Canada in the questionnaire, how can I rectify this?

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Hi,

When I try to create an application for TRV, the form says "Application from Outside Canada".

I mentioned that I'm within Canada in the questionnaire, how can I rectify this?
That is okay. The website says this will happen:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-new-temporary-resident-visa-within-canada.html

I quote the website below. This note appears in the highlighted red box:

Get the right application form
You won’t get the right application form, unless you provide these answers in the online tool:

For the first question “What would you like to do in Canada?”, select
“Study” if you have a valid study permit or
“Work” if you have a valid work permit
When asked “What is your current country/territory of residence?”, select “Canada.”
Answer the questions on the next pages about your work or studies.
You may be given the option to extend your current study or work permit or apply for a “Temporary Resident Visa.” Make sure you select “Temporary Resident Visa.”
The application form listed in your document checklist will be called Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257). This is the form you need to fill out, even when you apply from inside Canada.

dillym

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
I applied on Sep 21st by online but no response till now. Did you submitted IRCC webform to expedite the process. You are lucky that you got response very quickly.
Hi there, I got my TRV in hand a few days ago. My timeline is as follows.

TRV Application (In Canada)
Submitted: 09/10/2020 | Passport Request: 25/11/2020 |
Passport Sent to CPC Ottawa: 01/12/2020 | Passport Received by CPC Ottawa: 04/12/2020 |
Tracker Activated: 09/12/2020 | Passport Received by Applicant:11/12/2020