+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 PARENTS SPONSORSHIP - MNI NOT MET

SWAPNADAM

Nov 29, 2021
I am a 2020 sponsor for my Parents under Family Class. I received my application back stating " Decision Made: not met MNI"
Out of 2018, 2019 & 2020 MNI requirement - I have only met 2020 and have more than balance to cover the shortage on 2018 & 2019 MNI.
I know - I have to meet all 3 yrs - I am trying my luck here to see if anyone had received the same decision & what was your next steps in appealing?
My application has been forwarded to the visa office - to my home country of my parents - for further processing. Any inputs in similar experiences - will help me a lot.
Thank You.

Reactions: YVR123

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

I am a 2020 sponsor for my Parents under Family Class. I received my application back stating " Decision Made: not met MNI"
Out of 2018, 2019 & 2020 MNI requirement - I have only met 2020 and have more than balance to cover the shortage on 2018 & 2019 MNI.
I know - I have to meet all 3 yrs - I am trying my luck here to see if anyone had received the same decision & what was your next steps in appealing?
My application has been forwarded to the visa office - to my home country of my parents - for further processing. Any inputs in similar experiences - will help me a lot.
Thank You.
1. If you don't meet the MINI, then you can expect a refusal. Your only (slim) hope would be an appeal.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank You.
Appealing is a waste of time and money. You were correctly refused for not meeting the requirements. There was no error in procedures on IRCC's part and consequently there's nothing to appeal. Best path forward is to wait until you meet MNI for the three previous years (i.e. until you actually qualify as a sponsor) and submit a new entry into the lottery then.

Of course you're free to appeal if you want to throw good money after bad.

SWAPNADAM

Nov 29, 2021
Appealing is a waste of time and money. You were correctly refused for not meeting the requirements. There was no error in procedures on IRCC's part and consequently there's nothing to appeal. Best path forward is to wait until you meet MNI for the three previous years (i.e. until you actually qualify as a sponsor) and submit a new entry into the lottery then.

Of course you're free to appeal if you want to throw good money after bad.
Thank You

SandyShar

Nov 29, 2021
Thank You.
When did you apply?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank You.
They process it pretty fast. It's less than a year before they have a DM.

Did you select to continue to process the application if found to be ineligile to sponsor?
Normally, you will choose this, and your application will stop.
  • the sponsor chose to withdraw the application if found to be ineligible to sponsor (as they indicated on the IMM 1344 form)
A link on some of the details on how Sponsor's eligibility is accessed:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-assessing-sponsor.html#finAssessing

SWAPNADAM

Nov 29, 2021
They process it pretty fast. It's less than a year before they have a DM.

Did you select to continue to process the application if found to be ineligile to sponsor?
Normally, you will choose this, and your application will stop.
  • the sponsor chose to withdraw the application if found to be ineligible to sponsor (as they indicated on the IMM 1344 form)
A link on some of the details on how Sponsor's eligibility is accessed:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-assessing-sponsor.html#finAssessing
Yes - I opted to continue to process.