+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 Dec Soft Landing Experience via Peace Bridge and Return using AVR

ravaro

Dec 13, 2020
For folks who have successfully completed landing at Peace bridge - did you guys call border prior to confirm if it is ok and what was their response?
I didn't call the border. I read from other posts that they would straightaway say no to your request. I feel that soft landing is currently being allowed informally and is not official yet.

peacefulpal

Star Member
Oct 24, 2020
I didn't call the border. I read from other posts that they would straightaway say no to your request. I feel that soft landing is currently being allowed informally and is not official yet.
So sounds like they can deny the soft landing without stamping the COPR on the passports. right?

snb2c

Jan 20, 2019
@ravaro what is the use of getting COPR stamped and not get PR card? Does this mean, you have PR and you will get PR card when you move to CA permanently? Can you travel back to CA with stamped COPR?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
@ravaro what is the use of getting COPR stamped and not get PR card? Does this mean, you have PR and you will get PR card when you move to CA permanently? Can you travel back to CA with stamped COPR?
Yes, you can travel to CA with your stamped CoPR and passport after landing.

sunkilmoon

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Hi. I am from a visa-exempt country in EU. I will be in the US in March for about 3 weeks and I was wondering if I can travel from the US to Canada to validate my COPR which is valid till and of April. I can't fly to Canada from the EU because of travel restrictions but since I will be in the US I thought maybe I could land in Canada from the US. On IRCC website it says:
You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)
What does LIVING in this case mean?

peacefulpal

Star Member
Oct 24, 2020
Hi,
I recently completed my soft landing and gave the address for the PR cards to the officer but I would like to double-check on the address before they mail out the cards to the address. How can I do that? Is there any specific location in the EE portal to look for the address or do I need to call the CIC directly on phone?

Thank you.

Smartypreet24

Jan 18, 2022
Hello Everyone! I am searching my query from various forums, but not answered yet.. can you please help…
Here is my question..

I got COPR

SINP NOMINEE , SOFT LANDING IN ONTARIO VIA LAND BORDER

Can we do soft landing in different province (Ontario)if We are nominee of another different province (Saskatchewan)via Land border and return back to USA from Ontario?

As Ontario Land Border is closer to our place. Actually we are not planning to go Regina this time. We are planning to return from land border (Ontario) after activating PR. Final move we will do after few months.

We Will give our Saskatchewan relative’s address . Will it work? Or we can also give relatives address who resides in Ontario.