+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2019 Applicants are stuck in limbo. Help create a Twitter trend so IRCC can take note/action.

Johnny_0507

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto
Everywhere from games to cinema halls everywhere they are using the vaccine proof and admitting people.. i am surprised why they havent started doing oaths after checking vaccination status. Book a stadium or an arena... where you can accommodate 1000+ people... have entry points where people can show their oath invitation, UCI number and then Vaccination certificates. Do a mass oath and clear the backlog..
great idea..... I hope this reaches to the IRCC

Reactions: Paoloartois

nate1074

Star Member
Jul 21, 2021
12pm I check and supries . Not a movement at all . So until next week .
We are getting closer to 2022 ;)
Have a great weekend everyone. Let's keep our heads up and hearts full of hope .
Because they can't take that away from us .

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Everywhere from games to cinema halls everywhere they are using the vaccine proof and admitting people.. i am surprised why they havent started doing oaths after checking vaccination status. Book a stadium or an arena... where you can accommodate 1000+ people... have entry points where people can show their oath invitation, UCI number and then Vaccination certificates. Do a mass oath and clear the backlog..
They are not interested in clearing the backlog. That's why. It's a good excuse for them.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
As I mention, Bell Center, where hockey games are played in Montreal, they host more than 20,000 people. They allowed full capacity starting Oct. 8th. If IRCC booked the stadium for us, they can clear the backlog in 2 weeks in Montreal :p

hungtington

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
Becoming a Canadian citizen (grant of citizenship)
Last updated: October 19, 2021
We’re still accepting new applications for citizenship.
We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
July 7 and 13, 2019 ?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.

so what are we supposed to believe ?
I once called and asked why my 2019 file stayed silent and I am seeing 2020 and even 2021 applicants getting oath invites on the forum. I was told that "information on the forum is unreliable".
This is ridiculous, the agent seemed to be trying to suggest that people claim to have got oath invitations when they didn't.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I once called and asked why my 2019 file stayed silent and I am seeing 2020 and even 2021 applicants getting oath invites on the forum. I was told that "information on the forum is unreliable".
This is ridiculous, the agent seemed to be trying to suggest that people claim to have got oath invitations when they didn't.
IRCC thinks we live in the stone age with the Flintstones. This may explain what they are doing. They thought no one would know if they prioritized 2020 and 2021 applicants over 2019 applicants.

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
IRCC thinks we live in the stone age with the Flintstones. This may explain what they are doing. They thought no one would know if they prioritized 2020 and 2021 applicants over 2019 applicants.

I am a 2020 applicant and so sorry to hear about the backlog of 2019 applicants.
I submitted my application in Feb 2020, was invited for a test in April 2021 but I missed this one, was re-invited for a second test in Oct 2021 and just passed it. Waiting for the next steps, which is very unlikely to finish within 6 months.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I am a 2020 applicant and so sorry to hear about the backlog of 2019 applicants.
I submitted my application in Feb 2020, was invited for a test in April 2021 but I missed this one, was re-invited for a second test in Oct 2021 and just passed it. Waiting for the next steps, which is very unlikely to finish within 6 months.
The backlog includes early 2020 as well. Late 2020 and later are progressing faster.

Reactions: mandhaata

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
I'm telling you, man, IRCC created its own world where food smells better, the time flows slower, info is righter. Barbarians from the outside world are trying to disturb their idyll with some stupid phone calls and online questions.

chapinx

Jun 10, 2021
I asked myself this question many times... I am an October 2019 applicant and so far i am still dealing passport copies and translation... i completely support this trend and we all should interact with the thread, your opinion is important...

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I asked myself this question many times... I am an October 2019 applicant and so far i am still dealing passport copies and translation... i completely support this trend and we all should interact with the thread, your opinion is important...
Welcome onboard. We need more people to get on board. I am sure many many people are in the same boat. Even early 2020 can get onboard. There no big difference between Dec 2019 applicants and Feb 2020 applicants. Both have exceeded the 12 months processing time they advertise on their website. I also suggest to start using the complaint form to express our dissatisfaction in volumes. The minister of immigration is "too busy" with non-immigrants stuff. I hope he is replaced, and we get someone who can empathize with us and see things from our eyes, not someone sees us as numbers and means.

Drevan2

Mar 27, 2013
Count me in. I’m an August 2019 applicant who does not need to write a test. The last time they opened my file was in December 2019.

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
For those who need to create a Twitter account:
https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/create-twitter-account

And here’s the original Twitter thread:

It shouldn’t take more than 2-3 mins to create a Twitter account and you can create one with an alias (if you feel IRCC may retailiate). Later you can use the same Twitter account for any other trends you may want to contribute in an anonymous way or just leave it abandoned.

But please support this Twitter trend by liking, retweeting or quote tweeting.

IRCC and Marco M should know that this blatant injustice of ignoring 2019 applicants cannot continue for long.

Mus87

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
For those who need to create a Twitter account:
https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/create-twitter-account

And here’s the original Twitter thread:

It shouldn’t take more than 2-3 mins to create a Twitter account and you can create one with an alias (if you feel IRCC may retailiate). Later you can use the same Twitter account for any other trends you may want to contribute in an anonymous way or just leave it abandoned.

But please support this Twitter trend by liking, retweeting or quote tweeting.

IRCC and Marco M should know that this blatant injustice of ignoring 2019 applicants cannot continue for long.
Done retweeting it.