+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

******** 2019 AORs giving up on Canada ******** Join here

Moslaris

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
So the Canadian government has made it clear - economic immigrants are not welcome.

Student? Come on in! Relatives of PRs and citizens? You're more than welcome. Work visa holders? We love you. FSW/PNP outlands waiting for up to 2 years now? Oh sorry, we can't let you in; you carry the virus.

Let's get serious, Canada is no longer the immigrant-friendly prosperous land it advertised it was, it's the graveyard of dreams and almost enjoys playing with people's livelihoods and mental health. I've been waiting for more than 18 months and I'm done with it. I put everything in my life on pause. I sold my car and my house. I told my employer that I'm probably leaving soon and they hired a replacement. My life has gone through hell during the last year and IRCC doesn't even bother answering my emails. That's it. I'm taking the pill - the hell with Canada.

If you're frustrated like me, please share your story here! We only have each other.

Raj.kr

Jun 24, 2019
Same here i have been waiting for the final decision on my application since 2018. My application was supposed to be processed by March 2019, its already 2021 and still no response.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
So the Canadian government has made it clear - economic immigrants are not welcome.

Student? Come on in! Relatives of PRs and citizens? You're more than welcome. Work visa holders? We love you. FSW/PNP outlands waiting for up to 2 years now? Oh sorry, we can't let you in; you carry the virus.

Let's get serious, Canada is no longer the immigrant-friendly prosperous land it advertised it was, it's the graveyard of dreams and almost enjoys playing with people's livelihoods and mental health. I've been waiting for more than 18 months and I'm done with it. I put everything in my life on pause. I sold my car and my house. I told my employer that I'm probably leaving soon and they hired a replacement. My life has gone through hell during the last year and IRCC doesn't even bother answering my emails. That's it. I'm taking the pill - the hell with Canada.

If you're frustrated like me, please share your story here! We only have each other.
I echo your feelings. I put so much effort, time, and money into this it is unbelievable yet here I am still waiting. I don't know what to do. Withdrawing after so much and so long is a huge loss but also a relief off this extreme mental torture. I am torn on what to do next. I don't have the energy and mental strength to wait another year.

Moslaris

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
I echo your feelings. I put so much effort, time, and money into this it is unbelievable yet here I am still waiting. I don't know what to do. Withdrawing after so much and so long is a huge loss but also a relief off this extreme mental torture. I am torn on what to do next. I don't have the energy and mental strength to wait another year.
To me, the most insulting and frustrating behavior they showed was the discrimination policies between students/relatives and economic immigrants. If we are a health threat, then so are they. If you didn't want immigrants, why did you invite us to apply in the first place?

Reactions: nns14

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
Oh come on please think scientifically for a second. A "student" usually pays 4 times the usual tuition fee to study at a Canadian university, and their 20h/week work permit is nothing when compared to their living expenses in Canada. Students bring CASH... lots of it ! Besides, they have no guarantee to stay in Canada after their studies. Sounds like a good profit for Canada, don't you think so? There is no need to turn these "money" back... Oh sorry I mean "people" back. They can't carry the virus if they bring that much CASH after all. Science says so.

On the other hand we have skilled immigrants (FSW) who have achieved near-impossible scores without any Canadian work experience or studying in Canada "bonus points", and have been excitedly waiting in their home country for almost two years. These people will naturally seek employment when they make it to Canada. So why take them? It is easier to say "YoU MaY CarRy the viruss into the CoUntrY. ForeignErs BriNg ViruSes o_O"

You may wonder, spousal applicants don't bring money either. So why are they allowed? Well, their Canadian partners are making sooo much noise in the parliement. They are protesting in streets in masses, hiring lawyers, asking for help from the opposition parties. Naturally, they can't carry the virus if their partners are capable of troubling the government that much.

Oh dear honest, hard-working, brilliant FSW applicant. You have no one in Canada. Nobody will defend your rights, nobody cares if you sold your house, quit your job, took your kid from the school in your country just because you trusted in Canada. That's the hard truth.

Moslaris

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Oh come on please think scientifically for a second. A "student" usually pays 4 times the usual tuition fee to study at a Canadian university, and their 20h/week work permit is nothing when compared to their living expenses in Canada. Students bring CASH... lots of it ! Besides, they have no guarantee to stay in Canada after their studies. Sounds like a good profit for Canada, don't you think so? There is no need to turn these "money" back... Oh sorry I mean "people" back. They can't carry the virus if they bring that much CASH after all. Science says so.

On the other hand we have skilled immigrants (FSW) who have achieved near-impossible scores without any Canadian work experience or studying in Canada "bonus points", and have been excitedly waiting in their home country for almost two years. These people will naturally seek employment when they make it to Canada. So why take them? It is easier to say "YoU MaY CarRy the viruss into the CoUntrY. ForeignErs BriNg ViruSes o_O"

You may wonder, spousal applicants don't bring money either. So why are they allowed? Well, their Canadian partners are making sooo much noise in the parliement. They are protesting in streets in masses, hiring lawyers, asking for help from the opposition parties. Naturally, they can't carry the virus if their partners are capable of troubling the government that much.

Oh dear honest, hard-working, brilliant FSW applicant. You have no one in Canada. Nobody will defend your rights, nobody cares if you sold your house, quit your job, took your kid from the school in your country just because you trusted in Canada. That's the hard truth.
I can't agree more. We should do a research paper on the links between the amount of cash people bring to Canada and their immunity levels to the virus. I bet we can get a government grant too.

D

Deleted member 1006777

This is obviously a cry for help. If you had actually wanted to give up on your application, you would have done so instead of complaining about it. If venting about it helps, please do vent. Their vaccination drive is going slow, but once it picks up (maybe mid-end of summer this year), these FSW applications will start to get through. If you took your emotions out of it for a second, there are several calls to handle these older applications. Here's what a 2 minute google search gave me:

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/03/canadian-immigration-politician-calls-for-action-on-approved-permanent-residents-0317509.html#gs.y6resu

Order your GCMS notes, see where your application is. FSW applications are slowly being approved, and a lot of them seem to be in the pre PPR stage, waiting to be approved once the borders reopen. And keep trying to call them if you really want to. Truth is everyone is trying to call in right now, so it may be a bit of a wait on the phone. Try and be rational.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Well, their Canadian partners are making sooo much noise in the parliement. They are protesting in streets in masses, hiring lawyers, asking for help from the opposition parties.
This is the biggest load of nonsense I've heard in a while ahahahah. Nobody is doing any of that. If you have a source that says otherwise, I'd be happy to see it.

Oooh the narcissism is strong in this one. "Brilliant"! Near-impossible? If getting a masters and a few years of work experience is near-impossible, you have a tough time ahead of you. That's the average these days. There's some hard truth for you. Get over yourself. Yes, they give more points to canadian education and it's relatively easier to get a higher score if you're a canadian student. They're doing what they think is best for the country during the pandemic. You may disagree with their decisions (I know I do), but to think this is some grand conspiracy against you is laughable.

Reactions: sgoldsmith
D

Deleted member 1006777

Same here i have been waiting for the final decision on my application since 2018. My application was supposed to be processed by March 2019, its already 2021 and still no response.
This really sucks. Did you get any clues in your GCMS notes? Do you know if your application is 'complex' as defined by IRCC, which could be causing delays?

Best case, maybe there was a short delay pushing it to mid 2019, at which point they just started prioritizing CEC. Which means once borders reopen, you'll get through fairly quickly. Good luck, hope your get some good news soon!

Moslaris

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
This is obviously a cry for help. If you had actually wanted to give up on your application, you would have done so instead of complaining about it. If venting about it helps, please do vent. Their vaccination drive is going slow, but once it picks up (maybe mid-end of summer this year), these FSW applications will start to get through. If you took your emotions out of it for a second, there are several calls to handle these older applications. Here's what a 2 minute google search gave me:

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/03/canadian-immigration-politician-calls-for-action-on-approved-permanent-residents-0317509.html#gs.y6resu

Order your GCMS notes, see where your application is. FSW applications are slowly being approved, and a lot of them seem to be in the pre PPR stage, waiting to be approved once the borders reopen. And keep trying to call them if you really want to. Truth is everyone is trying to call in right now, so it may be a bit of a wait on the phone. Try and be rational.
Thank you for analyzing my intent, mental health, and for all the self-help lectures. You are obviously way more rational, brilliant, and thoughtful.

kisiro191

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Every gamble has a win and a lost. It is what it is. No one wants the pandemic to happen, so Canadian government did everything they think it's right to make in-land people safe. Instead of being frustrated, keep your head up and find a temporary job to do during this time

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
This is the biggest load of nonsense I've heard in a while ahahahah. Nobody is doing any of that. If you have a source that says otherwise, I'd be happy to see it.

Oooh the narcissism is strong in this one. "Brilliant"! Near-impossible? If getting a masters and a few years of work experience is near-impossible, you have a tough time ahead of you. That's the average these days. There's some hard truth for you. Get over yourself. Yes, they give more points to canadian education and it's relatively easier to get a higher score if you're a canadian student. They're doing what they think is best for the country during the pandemic. You may disagree with their decisions (I know I do), but to think this is some grand conspiracy against you is laughable.
1) Yes, they have been protesting for almost a year. You can find countless news like this from all over the country with a quick google search. ( https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/spousal-sponsorship-applicants-in-toronto-protest-to-be-reunited-with-loved-ones-1.5057150 ) ( https://www.cicnews.com/2020/09/canadians-call-for-faster-family-reunification-0915839.html#gs.y6squw )
2) Here you can find one of the many petitions that have been going in the parliement related to spousal visas. (https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-2747 )
3) If having a master's degree, a high IELTS score and at least 3 years of professional work experience before the age of 30 sounds like a joke to you, you may consider thinking a bit more about CEC applicants who got ITA with a minimum score of 75 at the start of this year while FSW applicants have been waiting with 475+ scores (with no bonus) for almost two years outside of the country.

From my point of view, you have no idea about what's going on in Canada as you have never heard any of these mass protests and petitions ever before. I'd advise you to do a bit of research before writing "nonsense" to "facts". Thank you.

Reactions: nns14

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020

Before you take such a dramatic step, I would suggest you order your GCMS notes, make an effort to wait 1 or 2 months more to get them, and see exactly what is the state of your application.

Based on these informations, you can decide to give up or look for a solution to move this application forward.

Moslaris

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Before you take such a dramatic step, I would suggest you order your GCMS notes, make an effort to wait 1 or 2 months more to get them, and see exactly what is the state of your application.

Based on these informations, you can decide to give up or look for a solution to move this application forward.
I've ordered GMCS three times. My application was approved and RFV on March 14th, 2020 but never received PPR and COPR. I'm aware of the situation.

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
3) If having a master's degree, a high IELTS score and at least 3 years of professional work experience before the age of 30 sounds like a joke to you, you may consider thinking a bit more about CEC applicants who got ITA with a minimum score of 75 at the start of this year while FSW applicants have been waiting with 475+ scores (with no bonus) for almost two years outside of the country.
This is were we go wrong and create false expectations for ourselves.

A country designs an immigration policy based on its needs, not for the dreams, expectations and hard work of potential immigrants.

We, FSW, decided that we would take our chances that way, by applying from outside.

The folks who got invited with 75 CRS went to Canada with a basic level of English and worked at least one year in what we would probably consider a crappy job.

Besides, if we were so important with our high CRS score, why would the lack of "Canadian experience" be such an issue for FSW newcomers ?