+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

******** 2019 AORs giving up on Canada ******** Join here

D

Deleted member 1006777

1) Yes, they have been protesting for almost a year. You can find countless news like this from all over the country with a quick google search. ( https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/spousal-sponsorship-applicants-in-toronto-protest-to-be-reunited-with-loved-ones-1.5057150 ) ( https://www.cicnews.com/2020/09/canadians-call-for-faster-family-reunification-0915839.html#gs.y6squw )
2) Here you can find one of the many petitions that have been going in the parliement related to spousal visas. (https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-2747 )
3) If having a master's degree, a high IELTS score and at least 3 years of professional work experience before the age of 30 sounds like a joke to you, you may consider thinking a bit more about CEC applicants who got ITA with a minimum score of 75 at the start of this year while FSW applicants have been waiting with 475+ scores (with no bonus) for almost two years outside of the country.

From my point of view, you have no idea about what's going on in Canada as you have never heard any of these mass protests and petitions ever before. I'd advise you to do a bit of research before writing "nonsense" to "facts". Thank you.
1. Ah I see, I stand corrected, thanks!

2. The very link you shared also mentions outland applications being delayed, so you just invalidated your own rant. Interesting. And to what you said, you're right. They do have rights and you don't. Because they are PRs, and you're not. Nobody asked you to sell everything before ever getting your application approved, and that in the middle of a global pandemic. That's just bad decision making. I sympathize with the situation, I really do. And I genuinely hope all pending applications are prioritized as soon as borders reopen.

3. Well, I didn't say it was a joke, I said it was pretty average. That was in response to you pretending these qualifications are anything in the realm of 'brilliant'. Assuming you did everything correctly (which is a fair assumption since you obviously think a high CRS score makes you more intelligent), you would graduate at 22, get a master's at 24 and get 3 years experience at 27. That still leaves you 3 years to go on a vacation and prance about before you start losing points for your age. Seems pretty doable to me.

Yes they took in a few people with very low scores, and yes that does look unfair. But understand that CEC also means they need to be qualified enough to find a job in Canada and work for a year. That 75 score is an outlier, I remember reading that the average score for that massive draw was 414. Still far lower than 475 though. I've been sitting in the pool with a high score for a while and I get it. But they have numbers to meet, and they have decided this is how they want to temporarily address the very low immigration numbers in 2020.

Moslaris

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Every gamble has a win and a lost. It is what it is. No one wants the pandemic to happen, so Canadian government did everything they think it's right to make in-land people safe. Instead of being frustrated, keep your head up and find a temporary job to do during this time
Yes, but that doesn't mean we can't point out the hypocrisy of their decisions. If outland applicants aren't allowed to enter Canada solely because of public health concerns, why students are allowed? Why spouses and relatives are allowed? I chose Canada (over Australia, UK) because I thought they are much more progressive and in favor of immigration. I put my trust in them and they showed their true color.