+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Sevenrainbows78

Jun 25, 2019
Category........
FAM
What I mean by no updates in the lines is on ecas and online...we see the DM but when u click on it there are no further updates. Last update was passing medical.

As for the 2nd part...from what I'm gathering, one of the steps they need to do when they give u Dm is transfer ur file from where it was processed to ur local office for finalization and to have there when ur called in for landing. I'm saying. Our file was already transferred to our local office back in Feb as we were called in for a relationship interview in May. When we got there the officer said he wasnt going to bother conducting the Interview as when he reviewed our file he decided he was satisfied with everything. Didnt even want our additional proof we brought with us. So my point was...we dont need to wait for the file to be transferred like alot of people, it's already at our local office...but even with that...we are still waiting to hear something also. ( saw Dm online a week ago but dont know when we got it as I hadn't been checking often)
You were called in for an interview which is different from the landing interview?

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Guys!! I have decision made on both sides this morning. I could cry I am so happy

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada
I had a representative for PR application so I don't have access to their GC key account but I submitted OWP on paper myself, 15 months after my representative submitted the PR application. I have made an account in GC Key for myself. When can I link my OWP application to my own account? Is there an AOR for OWP that I have to wait for?

Last edited:

Jenny X

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Today just got a ghost change on my profile which says September 11 ,2019 you passes the medical exam.
Let's see tmr if I can get DM , so excited!! It's been sooo long as I'm a feb 7 2018 applicant.

Reactions: Shalinis0316

inlandsp2018

May 1, 2019
Today just got a ghost change on my profile which says September 11 ,2019 you passes the medical exam.
Let's see tmr if I can get DM , so excited!! It's been sooo long as I'm a feb 7 2018 applicant.
Jenny good luck, I had ghost update and my medical was updated too. I am Jan 2018 applicant and PR now. My medical was changed on July 26 , 2019. And got the Eligibility passed on Aug 19 2019. Saw DM on both side on Aug 20, 2019. Aug 21, 2019 got landing interview letter from Etobicoke for Aug 27, 2019. Landed On Aug 27, 2019.

Hope you get your DM ( I think they r waiting for your Security ) !! Just wanted to let you know ur almost in end of your process.

Reactions: Shalinis0316

inlandsp2018

May 1, 2019
I had a representative for PR application so I don't have access to their GC key account but I submitted OWP on paper myself, 15 months after my representative submitted the PR application. I have made an account in GC Key for myself. When can I link my OWP application to my own account? Is there an AOR for OWP that I have to wait for?
Theoretically you should be able to get your OWP linked in your account as you do not have a representative for it. Try doing it.

Jenny X

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Jenny good luck, I had ghost update and my medical was updated too. I am Jan 2018 applicant and PR now. My medical was changed on July 26 , 2019. And got the Eligibility passed on Aug 19 2019. Saw DM on both side on Aug 20, 2019. Aug 21, 2019 got landing interview letter from Etobicoke for Aug 27, 2019. Landed On Aug 27, 2019.

Hope you get your DM ( I think they r waiting for your Security ) !! Just wanted to let you know ur almost in end of your process.
Hi so many thanks to you! :) I got AIP and SA in Nov 2018, since then I think they been doing my security check, today got the ghost update says I passed the medical exam on sept 11 2019, so I guess I will get DM soon. I was so upset about the application...

inlandsp2018

May 1, 2019
Hi so many thanks to you! :) I got AIP and SA in Nov 2018, since then I think they been doing my security check, today got the ghost update says I passed the medical exam on sept 11 2019, so I guess I will get DM soon. I was so upset about the application...

Thats a long wait, i think ur correct the security check from some country does take longer than usual. Hope your is done soon. Good luck!

Reactions: Jenny X

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada
A few buddies I know ,their cases has been doing the same as me, they doing the security check from local which takes much longer.
normally takes 4months - 1 year. Sigh....
Hi Jenny, congrats.
What did you mean by 'they are doing the security check from local'?
Where is your local office?
Did you find out from GCMS notes that you are under security screening or CBSA notes?

shannen

Dec 27, 2010
so happy for you Jenny! wow that's 19 months all in all. Hopefully I will be getting good news pretty soon, April 2018 applicant.

Reactions: MinMin13

Jenny X

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Hi Jenny, congrats.
What did you mean by 'they are doing the security check from local'?
Where is your local office?
Did you find out from GCMS notes that you are under security screening or CBSA notes?
Hi Nisht, thanks ! the security check means IRCC order sth like agent in my country to do the local investigation. I'm from China. Actually I ordered note again last Wednesday and I also sent inquiry thru webform last Friday. the first time I ordered note was around two months ago, there shows security check, but the content was hiding...
I suggest you guys to send what you want to know by webform, maybe this helps abit.

Jenny X

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
so happy for you Jenny! wow that's 19 months all in all. Hopefully I will be getting good news pretty soon, April 2018 applicant.
Thank you! :) I'd like to suggest you to send inquiry or request thru webform, maybe it works. or at least you can know where your application is.
Good luck to you guys!

ronakshukla009

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Thank you! :) I'd like to suggest you to send inquiry or request thru webform, maybe it works. or at least you can know where your application is.
Good luck to you guys!
Congrats Jenny!!! I am still waiting. No updates on the application. Feb 7th applicant. So stressed. But happy for you.

Reactions: Jenny X

Jenny X

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Congrats Jenny!!! I am still waiting. No updates on the application. Feb 7th applicant. So stressed. But happy for you.
Thanks! maybe you should try send to ask thru webform! I think it was kinda help me. I hope you will hear things soon! will definitely be soon! just try webform first!