Al_sen

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
BTW,
DM letter 15-03-2019
Interview landing email from Etobicoke 25-03-2019
PR 30-03-2019???
You got the PR card on March 30th?
Yes and it was last Saturday which was unexpected I had to call to make sure it’s the right date and there were a lot of ppl that day

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Yes and it was last Saturday which was unexpected I had to call to make sure it’s the right date and there were a lot of ppl that day
I think you were talking about Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR), it wasn't the PR Card, sorry I was misunderstanding.

Last edited:

Stressedgirl

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. I am a PR and my bf is here on openwork permit. We are taking the next step and thinking of getting married. Could anyone guide me what do I need to sponsor him? I have looked into the cic website but it’s very confusing. If anyone could please guide me on what steps to take?
Please keep in mind, we already have a child together. So what do we need exactly. If there is a thread that gives detail on this, could anyone please provide me with the link. I don’t want to hire a lawyer and pay insane fee.

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Hi. I am a PR and my bf is here on openwork permit. We are taking the next step and thinking of getting married. Could anyone guide me what do I need to sponsor him? I have looked into the cic website but it’s very confusing. If anyone could please guide me on what steps to take?
Please keep in mind, we already have a child together. So what do we need exactly. If there is a thread that gives detail on this, could anyone please provide me with the link. I don’t want to hire a lawyer and pay insane fee.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html

Read everything and download what they ask for, you should have an clear idea.

ronakshukla009

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Hi Ronak, has anyone told you what it means by secondary review? Did you get any updates, like DM, AIP, SA......??? I am May 9th applicant nothing after medicals passed still stuck, they are checking my criminal check...
No i have not got any update like that so far. Still waiting. When i ordered gcms notes in which i found out about the secondary review. I do not know what is secondary review is and how long will it take? If some one know here please reply me.

Thank you

Reactions: pavanvulli

Omar2018

May 10, 2018
Has anyone rescheduled their landing interview? How long does the local visa office take to set a new date and do they inquire about the reason to reschedule?

maks929

May 26, 2018
Yeah, I feel the same. I’m Feb 23, 2018. Haven't heard a thing from them since mid January.

A few weeks ago I sent them an email asking for an update and i got a cut and paste generic response, indicating they hadn't even looked at my file.

So i sent another email, and indicated i was not happy that they would deem someone in their fourteenth month now, of receiving a generic response, in light that I was over the twelve months. I asked them for a proper update, pertinent to my application.

I got a response to that inquiry a few minutes ago. It was the exact same cut and paste generic response they previously sent to me.

It is beyond frustrating!
Hey, March 2nd applicant here, the exact same thing happening with me... Got my "Eligibility Passed" letter on Jan 14th and silence from then onwards. I sent them multiple emails with different questions and topics but always got the same copy paste email back. This is just absurd.
Well, I was expecting a delay because - (this is BEYOND ABSURD HERE!) - They "lost" my fingerprint results from the RCMP in mid September 2018, thats when I sent them, along with the medical exam. I saw that the medical was passed within a couple of weeks but nothing for the fingerprints. Then in DECEMBER, I decide to email them for the first time, to ask whats the application status. I get an email that everything is going in "order" and we will let you know if we need anything from you. THE NEXT day, a private number calls me and I talk with an officer who informs me that they dont have my fingerprints... I was shocked as it took them 3 months to tell me! more over I had to email them, none knows what would happen if I had'nt emailed them out of curiosity. Basically I then called RCMP - who confirmed it was sent, called the Case processing center - who said they didnt receive anything, opened a claim, and they said redo it anyway. So middle of winter, I run to go get it done and send it, and guess who woke up and found it.... They tell me that the case processing center "have procured the fingerprints from the RCMP" which is a big F*ckin lie because when I called RCMP the first time, they said they are NOT allowed to keep peoples fingerprints and they destroy them, which is why I went to redo them and not resend them.

Moral of the story - the government people are liars, and DONT use Mississauga Case processing center since they wont move their ass for 3 months to look for your fingerprints.

So back to the point, I expected a delay because of their incompetence, but am very frustrated here from their generic emails. I can never ever even reach them by phone, I dont think its even possible. Please let me know if it is and how you did it? at this point I am on month #13 and still no landing interview letter. Cant wait for this stupidity to be over! but hey, we all are almost there! good luck to y'all !!!

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Got GcMs notes yesterday night & it says under eligibility

‘SPR SECONDARY REVIEW REQUIRED’

What it means? Most probably they’ll invite for interview?

Thanks

WilsonC

Nov 21, 2017
Still haven't heard anything from booking an appointment.
Do they send you an email or call you?
I live in Vancouver, BC

We applied from Feb 2018 and finally got accepted July 13,2018
Start processing application on August 15,2018
Received acknowledging receipt on August 16,2018
Ask for medical instructions on October 24, 2018. (Two weeks later, Medical results received)
We started processing application on February 21, 2019
Received an email about an appointment to finalized PR application on March 1, 2019

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
Still haven't heard anything from booking an appointment.
Do they send you an email or call you?
I live in Vancouver, BC

We applied from Feb 2018 and finally got accepted July 13,2018
Start processing application on August 15,2018
Received acknowledging receipt on August 16,2018
Ask for medical instructions on October 24, 2018. (Two weeks later, Medical results received)
We started processing application on February 21, 2019
Received an email about an appointment to finalized PR application on March 1, 2019
They will email you for your landing interview. As per last interview letters, they take 2 months to send interviews. Hopefully you will hear something end of this month or next month.

MMPL

Nov 24, 2015
We Received a letter from CIC on 15 Feb 2019 about CIC processing on our application has been completed.CIC Etobicoke office will contact us to arrange an appointment for finalization of our permanent resident application.

It has been almost 2 months. We did not receive an email from CIC? Is it normal wait time from CIC? Or Anyone knows How can I contact the CIC Etobicoke office?

ronakshukla009

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Got GcMs notes yesterday night & it says under eligibility

‘SPR SECONDARY REVIEW REQUIRED’

What it means? Most probably they’ll invite for interview?

Thanks
I have the same notes on my gcms. It has been 4 months since they sent it to secondary review. I have no clue what that means and it has been 14 months since i applied.

Kayden

Dec 12, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
We Received a letter from CIC on 15 Feb 2019 about CIC processing on our application has been completed.CIC Etobicoke office will contact us to arrange an appointment for finalization of our permanent resident application.

It has been almost 2 months. We did not receive an email from CIC? Is it normal wait time from CIC? Or Anyone knows How can I contact the CIC Etobicoke office?
I will call IRCC or check all your email folders carefully. Usually from the timelines o this forum lately Etobicoke takes about 2 weeks to a month the most to schedule your landing appointments.