+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Jon74

Jan 4, 2019
Yes, not really useful. lol
I don’t really understand the purpose of the progress bar, as it’s based on estimated completion times, which are already listed on the IRCC website.

I am actually over the 12 months processing (Feb 23, 2018), so I’m wondering what they’re going to show me. I think this is a tactic by IRCC to minimise the calls to IRCC about requesting updates on where our applications are at etc.

I don’t think it will serve much usefulness in reality, and likely cause us more frustration!

Reactions: KBsandhu

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
I don’t really understand the purpose of the progress bar, as it’s based on estimated completion times, which are already listed on the IRCC website.

I am actually over the 12 months processing (Feb 23, 2018), so I’m wondering what they’re going to show me. I think this is a tactic by IRCC to minimise the calls to IRCC about requesting updates on where our applications are at etc.

I don’t think it will serve much usefulness in reality, and likely cause us more frustration!
Sorry to hear that and I understand your frustration. Have you called CIC or submitted a letter about your time? Asked them why does it take so long? Normally by phone they will tell you background check has been done or not.

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018

yeah, I agree completely. Rather than adding these new tools , they should make Gckey and ECAS more effective by updating them daily and adding more information related to application. Both tools show different information and person gets confuse which to believe.For e.g I have already received DM letter and my Gckey is still stuck on reviewing eligibility . I understand your frustration.

Reactions: Jon74

Jenny X

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
when I signed in my account, I saw these below, and it's not useful at all....

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to.

Date received: February 7, 2018
Estimated completion date: February 7, 2019

Reactions: Jon74

garydee

Mar 30, 2018
Hi, May 7th applicant here. We got AIP on Jan 24th, SA on Jan 25th and DM on sponsor's side on Jan 28th. However, ECAS still shows "in process" for PA and myCIC says background check is in progress. It has been a complete silence since January. Anyone in a similar situation? We tried calling CIC, but they say it hasn't been 12 months yet...

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Hi, May 7th applicant here. We got AIP on Jan 24th, SA on Jan 25th and DM on sponsor's side on Jan 28th. However, ECAS still shows "in process" for PA and myCIC says background check is in progress. It has been a complete silence since January. Anyone in a similar situation? We tried calling CIC, but they say it hasn't been 12 months yet...
A friend of mine April 2nd applicant, his background hasn’t started yet.... no SA, no AIP, nothing. Yours faster.

Last edited:

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
If you see Jenny's post from the progress bar, it says,
They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

From here, it makes sense to me. Because I made my files are very clear, and a lot of things I make a list for VO to read easily.

ronakshukla009

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
And one more here, lol.. Hope our case will be completed in one month.[/QUOTE
when I signed in my account, I saw these below, and it's not useful at all....

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to.

Date received: February 7, 2018
Estimated completion date: February 7, 2019
I have the same thing. I am not sure what is unusal about the application. They have not asked for any extra documents. I am really confused. And anyways if they are not going to show what's the progress of the application what's the point of the progress bar?

Reactions: Jon74 and KBsandhu

Jenny X

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
I have the same thing. I am not sure what is unusal about the application. They have not asked for any extra documents. I am really confused. And anyways if they are not going to show what's the progress of the application what's the point of the progress bar?
I think all's because of the background check or security check, once any docs got expiry, guess they will ask for that, and yes, you r right, that's no point cuz there still not showing the detailed processing time. So for us, still just have to wait....

pb_srk

Nov 21, 2018
Oh WOW! We're so happy right now!
This is a long battle for us. Because we didn't know what to do from the beginning.
Got all the help and information in this forum.

Also, I just received this email today.

-----
This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class you submitted to this office on behalf of XXXXXXXX and family (if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence (APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly.

If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.
How long between online status update and this email? Mine shows decision made today but does not confirm positive or negative.

ronakshukla009

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
I think all's because of the background check or security check, once any docs got expiry, guess they will ask for that, and yes, you r right, that's no point cuz there still not showing the detailed processing time. So for us, still just have to wait....
I hope it's not a long wait time.