+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Is it your landing interview? If so: congrats, you're done!

They apparently just ask you whether you are a criminal and whether you and your sponsor are still married/common-law.

They also make sure all the information on the landing document they give you is correct. Takes just 10 minutes or so.

I'm inland applicant. Is it landing in this case?

Jenny X

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
I also only got one-side DM, on Sp side. Do you have any idea why? 我们应该都是中国的。
yes, both of us from China. But my applicant received on Feb 7 2018, more earlier than yours. And been doing background check since Dec...You still got the hope ya.

mel406

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
Application received in Mississauga July 3rd
AOR 1 August 9
Linked PR application August 23
Linked OWP application August 24
OWP approved September 25
OWP received October 1
Medical Exam Requested October 23
Fingerprints Requested October 29
Medical Exam Completed November 22
Fingerprints Taken November 19
Medical Exam Passed November 30
Decision Made February 20
Sponsor Approved February 21
DM Letter March 1

Waiting to hear from Vancouver office...

andrewhao

Nov 1, 2018
yes, both of us from China. But my applicant received on Feb 7 2018, more earlier than yours. And been doing background check since Dec...You still got the hope ya.
Did you call CIC to ask the reason why your case is still in processing?

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
Hie, i want some advise:
my husband was out of status when we applied for spousal application, we have already received DM letter but there is nothing on work permit till now. Even on Gckey, it just shows submitted and seems like its not started yet. Can i withdraw my work permit application and get refund of 250$? If yes, should i contact them through Web form ? Thanks.

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
Hi guys!
I'm sponsoring my wife, inland. Here's my timeline

Application sent: Nov 27
Received: Nov 30
AOR: Jan 23
Medical Received: Feb 5
Medical passed: Feb 11
Background check in progress: Feb 11
OWP email: Feb 27

First question: Does anyone knows how long it takes until the Sponsor Approval and/or AIP after BGC in progress?

I was wondering if you guys know this/have an idea:
If I decide to change jobs now, before I'm approved as a Sponsor, would that affect my eligibility for approval in any way?

Thanks!
It will not affect eligibility

Reactions: Gabe2019V

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Hie, i want some advise:
my husband was out of status when we applied for spousal application, we have already received DM letter but there is nothing on work permit till now. Even on Gckey, it just shows submitted and seems like its not started yet. Can i withdraw my work permit application and get refund of 250$? If yes, should i contact them through Web form ? Thanks.
I would recommend to withdraw it after you get CoPR, because that is the official end of it. In terms of refund, I think you can certainly withdraw at any time but refund I am not sure. Let's hear what others may suggest!

Reactions: KBsandhu

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
Is any April Applicants still waiting for SA or AIP? I got SA on Feb 11 and...nothing more.
Same. I still havent got an email or any communication about SA. Although I was told over the phone I was approved and a letter was sent long ago. I havent recieved anything. Also told on the phone app was sent to local office and apparebtly they recieved it Feb 5 and that the office usually notified u once they receive it.. again, no communication at all. We've been stuck waiting since I saw DM on sponsor in Jan. I dont know what's going on but expecting an interview request at some point

Reactions: Calm2019