+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Jan 28, 2019
Hi, I'm seeking some input/advice on my situation.

I am sponsoring my wife who is a US Citizen. On Monday, January 28, we received DM for both the sponsor and the principal applicant.

1) What's next in our case?
2) We have a wedding to attend to mid-February in Florida. Under what conditions can we go? I know she wont have a PR card by then, but what if she has a COPR?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Pri1090

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
I am May 10 applicant, just got this letter in GC-key. Can somebody tell what this is?
We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada.

mohammadfareedy

Dec 31, 2018
Hi guys. My wife (PA) just got her landing interview email yesterday (etobicoke), in the email there was a portion requesting RFPR $490. We paid the complete $1040 when submitting the application. Is this normal? Does it come with all the emails regardless?
When did you apply? Plz share your timeline.

Katerina9

Nov 9, 2018
I have a question if someone can help. I am having a landing intrrview on Feb 05. I am a US citizen as well - visa exempt contry.
Will i be able to travel after the interview before i receive the PR card?
Apr13 applicant

Last edited:

hcxlucy

Jan 15, 2019
Any Etobicoke applicant received interview invit
I have a question if someone can help. I am having a landing intrrview on Feb 05. I am a US citizen as well - visa exempt contry.
Will i be able to travel after the interview before i receive the PR card?
Apr13 applicant
according to my immigration consultant you need to have the PR card to enter Canada since your status changed in the system right after your interview. UAs long as ou can find someone to mail/deliver your PR card to you before you come back.

btw, when did you receive your DM and which local office are you? Thanks

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Hello all. I mailed my inland spousal sponsorship application on 3 December, 2018. According to Canada Post tracking tool it reached the CIC mailbox at Mississauga on 6 December 2018. However, my wife still hasn't received the AOR email. What could possibly be the reason? Is it normal? My wife's TRV is valid till 2020. However, in the meantime my wife's 6 months stay authorisation has ended on 3 Jan. 2019. We applied for an extension to stay online. I'm trying to understand what's happening with our application. Can someone help with an insight?
Any update on this? Did you get AOR or refusal letter? Or nothing yet?

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
I applied in April 2018. I got additional documents request now that I have submitted. So how much should be the average processing time from now until next step?

niamahmoud

Jul 16, 2018
Hi, I'm seeking some input/advice on my situation.

I am sponsoring my wife who is a US Citizen. On Monday, January 28, we received DM for both the sponsor and the principal applicant.

1) What's next in our case?
2) We have a wedding to attend to mid-February in Florida. Under what conditions can we go? I know she wont have a PR card by then, but what if she has a COPR?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
1. Congrats! You are waiting for a landing appointment date, which is usually sent by email...depends on how busy the IRCC office around you is.
2. You can issue a PR travel document if you plan on staying too long where you are going. But i have heard of people using the CoPR thru transport thru the border. But if you are flying in....you should have the PRTD or PR card.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hello,
As an update,
I had my Landing Interview appointment yesterday at IRCC Etobicoke office.
Today, I linked my permanent resident card application on MyCIC to keep track of my permanent resident card.
All the best to Everyone. This forum was of great help and moral support in many ways! :)

Application arrived: March 6, 2018
Medical passed: Sept 21, 2018
AIP: Jan 3, 2019
DM status for Sponsor and PA in ECAS: Jan 3, 2019
DM Letter: Jan 4, 2019
SA: Jan 14, 2019
Landing Interview appointment letter with date/time- IRCC Etobicoke Office: Jan 18, 2019
Landing Interview and became Permanent Resident: Jan 28, 2019
Permanent Resident Card application linked to MyCIC: Jan 29, 2019

Pri1090

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
Hi, I am May 10 applicant. I have got Decision Made for both PA and Sponsor on Ecas, but havent't got AIP email. Is it normal?

ronakshukla009

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Hello,
I have another question. I am feb 7 application. Did not receive any update after i passed the medical. Today when i called cic they told me that the background check has been done.. and now they are reviewing my eligibility for sponser side. Isn't that done on the first place. I am really confused and stressed. If someone know something please let me know.
Thank you

Reactions: Jon74

kidmah

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Hello,
I have another question. I am feb 7 application. Did not receive any update after i passed the medical. Today when i called cic they told me that the background check has been done.. and now they are reviewing my eligibility for sponser side. Isn't that done on the first place. I am really confused and stressed. If someone know something please let me know.
Thank you
For inland… review eligibility for sponsor side is one of last stage… you are in the right track…don't worry!
It's weird they called you…