+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Dec 5, 2018
What all did you send in for proof of cohabitation? I thought I had sent enough in, phone bills, car insurance, rental agreement, utility bills, but they want proof Ive been living here since April. So I am sending those in again along with joint bank account statement and I can't think of anything else since my husband set up our rental and all our bills in his name since I was still in the states at the time. Maybe I should write a letter and tell them that as well?
Yes my spouse name is on the house rental too so we sent bank statements, credut

Dec 5, 2018
What all did you send in for proof of cohabitation? I thought I had sent enough in, phone bills, car insurance, rental agreement, utility bills, but they want proof Ive been living here since April. So I am sending those in again along with joint bank account statement and I can't think of anything else since my husband set up our rental and all our bills in his name since I was still in the states at the time. Maybe I should write a letter and tell them that as well?
Yes my spouse name is on the house rental too so we sent bank statements, credit card letters, and our drivers licenses! Still waiting to hear from them.
You can see my signature and they didn't require any extra documents for the proof, nothing comes after that, so we are on the same boat, I checked my application status, it says they are processing my background check.....

ronakshukla009

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Try calling at 1888 242 2100. Press 1,1,2 and 3. Then follow instructions to speak to an agent after listening to automated update. You might get someone nice enough to give you update. Please let us know if you receive any update from them
Thank you for the reply. Should i just hold after the automated message?

Al_sen

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Joint Bank account
Lettre from the landlord said that i am living in same adress since i came here
Since they have just my wifes name on the chèques
Library profil print paper
Optimum,airmiles,seine , all profil printed paper have all the adress on it
Phone bills
Immigrations first mails
A mail from my wife's sister for a Christmas party coming on my name on it ( the immigration agent suggest to do that )
I belive that all what i sent

Reactions: kfrench

Addus

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga - Inland
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Med's Request
24-09-2018
Med's Done....
25-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-04-2019
Congrats Addus!
Which office did you receive the Eligibility letter from, and which landing appt offce is closest you? I ask because my husband and I are in Mississauga ON, the eligibility letter was received from the Vancouver office, but we are thinking that the landing appt will be done at the Etobicoke office.
Both my SA and AIP came from:
Officer AL
Innovation Hub Vancouver-FCPU

The day before SA, my sponsor also got a call from that officer asking some questions and asking us to email a document over, and it showed up as a local number. (They were super nice and helpful on the phone actually according to my sponsor)

Vancouver is our local office but it seems like Missisauga and Vancouver are sharing workload right now for inland apps, so it's just a coincidence.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tabby777

Ldonasci

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
Med's Request
03-10-2017
Is the etobicoke office particularly busy at this time in terms of scheduling interviews?
I have been waiting for 2 weeks to hear from them. Ppl seem to be getting interviews from etobicoke within one month! That’s what I have been seeing at least

Reactions: Tabby777

allen80629

May 19, 2018
Richmond, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-01-2018
Doc's Request.
17-02-2018
AOR Received.
17-02-2018
Med's Request
03-07-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
I also got the PFL due to lack of evidence. So I sent all our joint credit card and joint bank account statement from DAY 1 and attach all the utility, phone and cable bills and highlight each monthly withdrawal for those bills and deposit we made on our joint account statements, to prove that we save money and share the expenses together throughout the entire one year. I also include the hospital receipt with our address, Apple purchase receipt with our address, CRA Proof of Income statements (Option C) for both of us from previous 2 years with our address, gym membership with our address and my company's life insurance showing my partner as beneficiary. Total 204 pages for 12 months of all the statements and receipts . And I also attached the letter explaining how we manage our joint account and the reasons why we can't provide other proofs they requested (joint lease, government ID, shared ownership of residential property). When CIC ask for A, you give them A, period. Never assume giving them B or C will work, and if you can't provide it you need to explain it.

Reactions: kfrench

kfrench

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Alberta
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
06-06-2018
I also got the PFL due to lack of evidence. So I sent all our joint credit card and joint bank account statement from DAY 1 and attach all the utility, phone and cable bills and highlight each monthly withdrawal for those bills and deposit we made on our joint account statements, to prove that we save money and share the expenses together throughout the entire one year. I also include the hospital receipt with our address, Apple purchase receipt with our address, CRA Proof of Income statements (Option C) for both of us from previous 2 years with our address, gym membership with our address and my company's life insurance showing my partner as beneficiary. Total 204 pages for 12 months of all the statements and receipts . And I also attached the letter explaining how we manage our joint account and the reasons why we can't provide other proofs they requested (joint lease, government ID, shared ownership of residential property). When CIC ask for A, you give them A, period. Never assume giving them B or C will work, and if you can't provide it you need to explain it.

Yeah, Im going to write a letter, or perhaps have my husband write the letter, stating that all of our main bills are in his name since he moved in to our house before I was in Canada, even though I am on the lease. I have a pet adoption certificate, I have car insurance with both our names though I am the primary, bank statement showing that insurance being paid from his account, our joint banking account statement. Hopefully my landlord will be able to write a letter stating that I have been living here. I'll get my husband's life insurance that says I am the beneficiary. I have a bill of sale from when I sold my car that I can send in. I'm just trying to think of anything I could use right now. I'm currently trying to figure out if we have any memberships for anything together. My goal is to give them as much as I can and leave them without any doubt.

Reactions: allen80629